The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #5501
Jori
US Olympian

Malkin signs on the dotted line.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=176492&hubname=

Let the race for second place for the Calder Trophy begin.

Nothing concrete but there are several European sources reporting that Marek Svatos has re-signed with the Avs. The rumor is that it's a one year deal. Some sources have said it's over a million dollars, others have said the contract is worth 700k - 950k.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #5502
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Malkin signs on the dotted line.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=176492&hubname=

Here is the full press conference video.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=19759@kdka.dayport.com

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #5503
Jori
US Olympian

Svatos signing is official.

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/new...ils.asp?ID=604

It's a one year deal, still waiting for the dollar amount.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #5504
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Jori what do you think about Stastny skipping school to play for the albany?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #5505
Jori
US Olympian

If he ends up spending the majority of the season in Albany, which I believe will be the case, he would have been better off staying at DU. Him leaving now is Colorado's advantage. He would have received a max deal had he stayed at Denver as I believe he would have been a finalist for the Hobey Baker award next year. TJ Hensick, who was drafted a round after Stastny, could end up with a better contract as he has decided to stay at Michigan and I believe he will be a Hobey Baker finalist. Hensick made the right decision imo, Stastny I believe did not. Yet, his father had a lot of influence on him leaving DU, just as he did when Paul's older brother, Yan, left Notre Dame early.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #5506
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
If he ends up spending the majority of the season in Albany, which I believe will be the case, he would have been better off staying at DU. Him leaving now is Colorado's advantage. He would have received a max deal had he stayed at Denver as I believe he would have been a finalist for the Hobey Baker award next year. TJ Hensick, who was drafted a round after Stastny, could end up with a better contract as he has decided to stay at Michigan and I believe he will be a Hobey Baker finalist. Hensick made the right decision imo, Stastny I believe did not. Yet, his father had a lot of influence on him leaving DU, just as he did when Paul's older brother, Yan, left Notre Dame early.

I agree that decision puts alot of pressure on his time in albany kinda of a do or die situation IMO but your right colorado can see what they got first but on the other hand it could pay off for the youngster in the long run.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #5507
Jori
US Olympian

Svatos gets 1.05 million, a good deal for both sides imo.

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/nhl...970111,00.html
Old 09-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #5508
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=176539&hubname=nhl

Ovy says he's not ready for the "C". Also some comments about Malkin and Crosby in there.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #5509
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Good read, thanks.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #5510
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Svatos signing is official.

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/new...ils.asp?ID=604

It's a one year deal, still waiting for the dollar amount.
Whew! That's a load off the mind. It's about freakin' time.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #5511
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Some Malkin/Staal/Welch pictures from Penguins rookie camp which just started yesterday. Vets report next week.

MALKIN

STAAL

WELCH

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #5512
Jori
US Olympian

Avs rookie camp start tomorrow! I'll be there. Though I wish this camp would have started on Monday instead.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #5513
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings win 6-5 over the Ducks last night's rookie Tourney( aka Pacific Shootout), Reading alot of rave reviews fans think that Anze Kopitar looks like a fcking star. Even a Duck fan said he looks NHL ready. Lots of 5-3's against the Kings so they had alot of penalty killing to do, Jonathan Bernier played the whole game and got his win. Future is bright!

Tonight Kings plays San Jose.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #5514
Jori
US Olympian

Gagne re-signs with the Flyers; 5 years/ $26.25. Similar money to what Tanguay received, but two more years. Both Tanguay and Gagne have the same agent, Bob Sauve.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15494618.htm

Tomas Vokoun signs a four year extension with the Nashville Predators; 4 years/ 22.8 million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177150&hubname=nhl

Trevor Linden re-signs with the Canucks; one year, 600k (with the possibility of a 200K bonus).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177167&hubname=nhl
Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #5515
Jori
US Olympian

Rick DiPietro re-signs with the New York Islanders; 15 years/ 67.5 million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177223&hubname=

When will the Islanders learn
Old 09-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #5516
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That's just pathetic beyond description. No wonder Neil Smith bailed out. No way was he gonna have his name attatched to that move.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #5517
Jori
US Olympian

My final report from Avs Rookie Camp:

Day Three: The Finale

Like the past two days, the two goaltenders Mayotte and Weiman are on the ice at 9:30 AM working with the assistant coaches. A few of the Avs players watched the session before proceeding to the other rink. Granato and Budaj shared a jovial conversation. Peter exclaimed that he was ready to get back to work!

Pierre Lacroix was in attendance and looked good considering his recent health scare. Terry Frei was sitting in the stands for the second half of the session. Quenneville ran the practice this morning.

Team Gray:

Ryan Steeves
Michael Vernace
John Laliberte
Wojtek Wolski
Johnny Boychuk
Chris Stewart
Codey Burki
Chris Durand
Peter Tsimikalis
Mitch Love

Team Black:

Brad Richardson
Dan DaSilva
David Svagrovsky
Kyle Cumiskey
Richard Demen-Willaume
Cody McLeod
Paul Stastny
Brandon Roach
Ray Macias
Victor Oreskovich

30 Minute Scrimmage: Gray versus Black

Black - Mayotte
Gray - Weiman

The scrimmage involved 30 second shifts of one on one and two on two drills.

One on One:

Burki versus Richardson
Wolski versus DaSilva
Steeves versus Cumiskey
Demen-Willaume versus Boychuk
Stewart versus Svagrovsky
Tsimikalis versus Stastny
Laliberte versus Oreskovich
Macias versus Durand: Macias scores twice
Vernace versus Roach
McLeod versus Love
Richardson versus Burki: Burki scores once
Wolski versus DaSilva
Cumiskey versus Steeves: Cumiskey scores once
Demen-Willaume versus Boychuk
Svagrovsky versus Stewart: Svagrovsky scores once
Tsimikalis versus Stastny
Laliberte versus Oreskovich
Macias versus Durand
Vernace versus Roach
Love versus McLeod

Two on Two:

Burki/Wolski versus DaSilva/Richardson: Richardson scores once
Cumiskey/Demen-Willaume versus Steeves/Boychuk
Stewart/Tsimikalis versus Stastny/Svagrovsky
Oreskovich/Macias versus Durand/Laliberte: Durand scores once
McLeod/Roach versus Vernace/Love
Wolski/Burki versus Richardson/DaSilva
Steeves/Boychuk versus Cumiskey/Demen-Willaume
Stastny/Svagrovsky versus Stewart/Tsimikalis
Cumiskey/Macias versus Laliberte/Durand
McLeod/Roach versus Vernace/Love
Cumiskey/Demen-Willaume versus Boychuk/Steeves
Tsimikalis/Stewart versus Svagrovsky/Stastny
Laliberte/Durand versus Macias/Oreskovich
Vernace/Love versus McLeod/Roach: McLeod scores once
Steeves/Boychuk versus Cumiskey/Demen-Willaume: Steeves scores once

One on One:

Wolski/Richardson
DaSilva/Burki: Burki scores once
Boychuk/Cumiskey
Stastny/Steeves
Tsimikalis/Svagrovsky
Stewart/Oreskovich
Laliberte/Macias
Durand/McLeod: Durand scores once
Vernace/Roach
Richardson/DaSilva

Two on Two:

Burki/Wolski versus DaSilva/Cumiskey
Stastny/Svagrovsky versus Boychuk/Steeves
Tsimikalis/Stewart versus Macias/Oreskovich
Roach/McLeod versus Burki/Laliberte
Richardson/DaSilva versus Vernace/Love
Wolski/Burki versus Stastny/Cumiskey
Steeves/Boychuk versus Oreskovich/Svagrovsky
Stewart/Tsimikalis versus Macias/Roach: Roach scores once
Laliberte/Durand versus McLeod/Richardson
Love/Vernace versus Stastny/Tsimikalis

Team Black wins 7-5

Best of Camp

Forward

Wojtek Wolski
Brad Richardson
Paul Stastny

Defense

Johnny Boychuk
Kyle Cumiskey

Goaltending

Tyler Weiman

Final Observations

#7 Johnny Boychuk, D. Johnny was the best defenseman in the camp and thatís a big relief. He was a player I was fairly high on when originally drafted, but my confidence slowly waned. I was impressed with his big booming shot and while his positioning isnít fantastic, itís improved. A spot on the Avs roster is slim for 06-07 (barring trades and/or injuries), but 07-08 looks to be a good bet.

#8 Wojtek Wolski, LW. Wolski was not only the best forward, but the best player in camp. He dominated defenders in one on one drills. His speed and quickness often fooled opponents in the camp. It would be a surprise if he didnít dominate this camp. No doubt heís ready for bigger and better things.

#12 Brad Richardson, C. Like Wolski, Richardson had a very strong camp. Defensive instincts are sharp and some of the offense he showed in the CHL was very visible. Considering the centers in front of him, it may be more difficult for his offensive game to blossom at the NHL level. Yet, the potential of being a solid #2 center is definitely present.

#30 Kris Mayotte, G. Mayotteís play improved during the camp, but he is susceptible to high shots. With the Avs sharing an AHL affiliate and with Weiman ahead of him on the depth chart, look for Mayotte to spend some time with the Arizona Sundogs (CHL).

#32 Richard Demen-Willaume. Demen-Willaume participated in the practice this morning. He's a big kid, but a bit lanky. He's a good skater, but I'm not seeing much offensive skill. During the drills he had some problems with receiving and passing the puck (nerves perhaps).

#35 Tyler Weiman, G. This was a difficult camp for the goaltenders, but Tyler performed very well. He has a nice quick glove hand, but was clearly upset when giving up goals down low (especially through the five hole). Weiman is feisty and competitive. Look for him to start the season in Albany.

#36 Dan DaSilva, D. Dan is a solid, but unspectacular defensemen. His offensive skills will not wow you, but he is fairly good in his own end. Still, his ceiling appears to be the AHL.

#37 Chris Durand, C. Durandís recent season in the WHL made you question his offensive potential, but his offensive instincts surprised me and matched his strong defense during the camp. While he wonít be an offensive dynamo at the pro level, he could develop into a good #3 center. Another year in the WHL is whatís best and the Avalanche hope his offensive numbers will rebound.

#38 Codey Burki, C. Burki entered camp with questions about his work ethic. Burki did nothing but work his butt off. He was one of the better skaters in the camp. He showed enough potential to tantalize fans, but clearly will benefit by returning to the WHL for the upcoming season.

#41 Michael Vernace, D. Vernace had question marks about his defense and positioning. Against his peers, his positioning was very strong and he had a knack of making smart plays with his stick. His offense on the other hand was a bit disappointing. Yet it seemed as if his focus was to show the coaches that offense wasnít the only part of his game. Heíll get a nice test against the veterans in training camp and in the AHL next season.

#42 Chris Stewart, RW. The recent number one pick for the Avs oozes with potential, but he is also an unfinished product. Heís big and strong, but had difficulty matching up in one on one situations during the camp. Going up against David Svagrovsky in one on one drills today, Stewart was soundly dominated. Beating defenders from the outside isnít a problem, nor are his hands. Skating is one of his bigger issues; one that can be improved with time. Any notions of Stewart playing in the NHL this season need to be put in a drawer and closed. Fans will need to be patient with this kid.

#43 Ryan Steeves, C/LW. Steeves had a solid, but unspectacular camp. He has nice hands and is good defensively. Heíll most likely be an injury call up this year. He could potentially be a solid fourth liner in the NHL.

#45 David Svagrovsky, RW. David was easily the most physical player in the camp. Svagrovsky has been between the CHL, ECHL and AHL the past two seasons. His offensive game isnít very good. Iíd look for him to be in Arizona next year.

#46 Mitch Love, D. His most exciting moment was his fight with Cody McLeod. Love lacks consistency on both ends and looks to be AHL/CHL bound.

#47 Raymond Macias, D. Macias broke out offensively on the third day of camp. He was relatively quiet the first two days. Defense is definitely a weakness as he struggled in one on one drills. His offense is definitely tempting, but another year with Kamloops (WHL) is for the best.

#48 Kyle Cumiskey, D. Cumiskey was one of my two surprises of the camp. His diminutive stature will remind you of John-Michael likes and he also plays a similar game. Heís an extremely smooth and swift skater. Despite his size, his positioning was very good and he was rarely beat during the camp. A true test will be against the veterans in training camp.

#49 Victor Oreskovich, RW. Victor had a very good camp. Heís a strong skater, a banger and has nice hands. All the tools are there, whether he can put everything together remains to be seen. With limited spots available in Albany, heís probably better off playing with Kitchener (OHL) next season.

#50 Brandon Roach, D. Roach was one of three free agent invitees to the rookie camp. Unfortunately, Roach didnít stand out and itís unlikely the Avs offer him a pro contract. I overheard his father saying heíd play college hockey in Canada if he didnít make the cut and that seems to be his most likely route.

#51 John Laliberte, RW. Laliberte was my other surprise in camp and being a late addition certainly did not affect his overall performance. John displayed a nice nose for the net. Not only does he have good hands, his passing is also very crisp. He scored some beautiful goals during todayís session. A good training camp could earn him a contract. Heís not going to make the Avs roster, but he may be worth putting in the AHL to see how he performs.

#55 Cody McLeod, LW. Camp tough guy also has a nice shot and scored a few goals in the scrimmages off the rush. Heíll likely take his game to Arizona (CHL) next season.

#56 Peter Tsimikalis, C. Peter was a good assist man in the OHL and those passing skills were clearly apparent during this camp. He didnít embarrass himself defensively. Heís a player the Avs could potentially sign, but will need to step it up during training camp.

#62 Paul Stastny, C. Paulís performance started uneven but finished strong. Stastny is strong on his skates, but wouldnít be considered as a fast skater. What he makes up for a lack of speed is his skill, especially his passing ability. He sees the ice very well and can score some very eye popping goals. Stastny doesnít neglect the defensive end. Heís a good two-way player and strong on face-offs. Heís in a tier behind Richardson and Wolski, but with a glut of centers on the Avs roster, it will be tough for him to make the big club out of training camp.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #5518
Jori
US Olympian

Ryan Kesler has signed an offer sheet from the Philadelphia Flyers for one year, 1.9 million dollars. The Canucks have 7 days to match.

TSN is reporting that the Canucks will match the offer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177298&hubname=nhl

Keenan and Panthers agree on a settlement.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177297&hubname=nhl

Joffrey Lupul signs a 3 year, $6.935 million deal with the Oilers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177274&hubname=nhl

Tom Fitzgerald retires.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177264&hubname=nhl
Old 09-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #5519
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Thanks so much for the report, Jori.

Nice to hear that Wolski is performing as he should. I'm very excited about seeing a full year of what this kid can do at the NHL level. At the end of his regular season run with the Avs last year, it seemed that he and Svatos were starting to develop some chemistry. I'm looking forward to seeing them lined up together again.

I never entertained any delusions of Stewart cracking the big club this year. From the highlights I've seen of him, he came across as a player who has the tools, but needs a whole lot of refinement of his game before he's ready to play at the NHL level. I'm expecting him to compete for a roster spot in two years at the earliest.

And of course, Mr. Stastny. I'd still rather he be preparing for his junior season, but what's done is done. I hate the idea that he'll likely land in Albany because of the likes of dynamos like Turgeon and Arnason taking up space on the Avs roster. I am glad to hear that his all-around game is showing, as the kid has always lacked blazing speed, but makes up for it with his skills & smarts. Hopefully seniority doesn't rule (though with Coach Q, who knows) and he'll be given a shot to stick with the club in training camp.

Not long before they're dropping the puck, I can't wait.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #5520
Jori
US Olympian

Some sad news...

Keith Primeau is expected to retire.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15502766.htm

Forsberg is likely to be named captain.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #5521
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That is sad news. Primeau had finally seemed to find his niche and now it looks like it's over.

Forsberg as a captain? I always thought he was a bit too ill-tempered on the ice for that role, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #5522
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Excellent work on that Prospects Camp report, Jori. Thanks. I wish I could have gone to one of the practices but work and the Broncos game took all my time.

I was busy all day and didn't have a chance to read any sports news until now. I'm shocked at the contract DiPietro received. The Avs have had their salary cap problems, but those pale in comparison to what the Isles have done.

I'm happy for Forsberg to finally get a "C" on his sweater, but this will make it even more unlikely he'll sign with the Avs after this season. Clarke isn't going to let his captain sign somewhere else.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #5523
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Chris Stewart: A Football Body, A Hockey Heart

CENTENNIAL - College football coaches could be forgiven for drooling over the possibility of recruiting a 260-pound tight end out of Canada who happened to own good hands and decent running ability.
To think, Chris Stewart was a mere lad of 15 at the time.

Fortunately for the Avalanche, Stewart's first love was hockey, so he traded his football gear for skates and a stick, and he eventually could develop into the kind of power forward any NHL team would covet.

Stewart was the Avalanche's first-round draft pick (18th overall) three months ago and spent the past three days at rookie camp at the South Suburban Family Sports Center getting acclimated to the altitude and bonding with the organization's other prospects.

He'll be on the ice again Friday when the entire team begins training camp sessions.

"I've seen Joe Sakic around the dressing room, but I haven't said too much, just hi and bye," Stewart said Tuesday. "I want to see him and guys like Jose Theodore and Milan Hejduk on the ice. It should be a treat. You're used to seeing them on TV. When you see them in person, you're kind of star-struck."

Stewart, a 6-foot-1 right wing, wasn't convinced he wanted to play hockey for a living when he was a sophomore at West Hill High School in Scarborough, Ontario, so he temporarily gave up the sport to concentrate on football.

"I have good hands and I could move pretty good for a big guy," he said.

At 260 pounds, Stewart was an overpowering presence, and he scored 10 touchdowns to help his team advance to its league championship game.

But the year away from hockey made him realize that he'd much rather fire pucks into nets than catch footballs in end zones.

"I thought if I took football seriously maybe something could be worked out, but I wanted to come to the NHL," Stewart said. "I got my priorities straight and came back to hockey. I really missed the game. Now I'm a hockey player, and that's the way it's going to be forever."

Stewart is coming off a second season with the Kingston Frontenacs in the Ontario Hockey League.

After collecting 37 goals, 50 assists and 113 penalty minutes in 62 games, the Toronto-born Stewart was rated the eighth best North American skater by the NHL's Central Scouting Bureau and the 14th best player available by The Hockey News.

"I like to get the ugly goals and hang around the front of the net," he said. "I like to drive hard to the net, get my ugly goals, finish my checks and battle in the corners."

But Stewart, whose brother Anthony played in 10 games for the Florida Panthers last season, didn't show well at the NHL Combine in Toronto; several scouts thought he was overweight and his stock dropped.

"I was ranked to possibly go top 10 or top 15," he said. "I talked to Colorado before the draft and they didn't think I was going to be around, but they wanted to have me and I wanted to be here. I grew up watching guys like Joe Sakic, so it was like a dream come true."

Stewart, who now weighs 227 pounds, is eager to show the Avalanche that it didn't make a mistake on draft day.

"I did a lot of running - running in the heat - did a lot of cardio workouts and ate right," he said. "There were some long days, but it was worth it."

Stewart can be a handful around the net and he skates pretty well for a player his size, but he doesn't turn 19 until next month so his chances of sticking with the Avalanche this season are probably remote.

"I want to stay as long as possible, hopefully crack the lineup," he said. "If not, my team back in Kingston should be competitive this year, so I'm looking forward to that, too."
Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #5524
Jori
US Olympian

AM 950 The Fan is reporting that the Avs have signed Andrew Brunette to a contract extension. TSN says it's a one year extension, financial details are not available.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #5525
Jori
US Olympian

Bobby Clarke responds to the hoopla over Kesler signing an offer sheet with the Flyers:

Quote:
"I don't give a (expletive deleted) if nobody likes me, I could care less," Clarke told TSN. "But they shouldn't be getting mad at me, I didn't put the (offer sheet) rule in the collective bargaining agreement. If they're mad, they should call Gary Bettman and complain to him. Get mad at Gary Bettman. He's in charge of the rules, not me. I didn't realize there were some rules we're not allowed to use."
Quote:
"I'm trying to make my team better," Clarke said. "There's a rule that says we can put out offer sheets. So I did it. You know, it's funny, they made new rules so we're operating in a system where we all get to spend the same amount of money. Philadelphia and Detroit can't spend any more than Nashville or Anaheim. Those are the rules. We all live by them. No one can accuse Philadelphia or Detroit of spending more money than everyone else now. But when I go and use a rule that is there, everybody is all over me about it."
Quote:
"To me, our thinking is completely backward," Clarke said. "I lost Kim Johnsson to (unrestricted) free agency because the Minnesota Wild gave him $4.8 million. Well, the Flyers had to give (revenue sharing) money to Minnesota and other teams and I don't like that but it's the rules. And then Minnesota takes that money and signs my player and there are no rules to say I can keep him if I match. I wish I had all the options with Kim Johnsson that Vancouver has with Kesler. They can match and keep him or they can let him go. It's up to them."
Quote:
"Sure, in the old system, teams always matched offer sheets but this is a new system with a salary cap and you have to make hard decisions that affect your team not just for this year but the years to come, too," Clarke said. "I don't know that Vancouver will match. Maybe we get the player. That's the idea. It's a few days to training camp, the player wasn't signed and we have a need for that type of player in our organization. Why wouldn't I try it? Everyone says it's causing salaries to go up. That's crap. We've all got salary caps and if it is true it drives up salaries, well, doesn't Boston signing (Zdeno) Chara to a $7 million deal or Chicago signing (Martin) Havlat to a $6 million deal drive up salaries, too? Give me a break.
Quote:
"A lot of guys in this league like the rules when it suits them and they don't like them when it doesn't. Too bad for them. I'm just playing by the rules that are there. To be honest, I'm surprised more teams aren't doing it.Ē
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177368&hubname=

Since this doesn't affect the Avs, I really haven't had a strong feeling either way. For the most part, I find myself agreeing with Clarke.

Last edited by Jori; 09-13-2006 at 12:21 PM..