The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #326
SactownOrangeSunday
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer
Wow! I was only gone since Thursday. What did you all do to piss off TJ like that? I do not feel that we should get rid of this forum, as it is useless for me to post on the main board most of the time when there are people like Mediator, Khan, Atlas, Meck, TJ, ... all the way to Bob (testing to see if you pay attention to the main board), who have great takes. I will chime in from time to time when I do not think I am being repetitive.

I do enjoy discussing different ideas with others on this board, whether or not we come down on the same side of the fence. I try never to be vulgar or obscene in any conversation I have. Slug and I had a real disagreement just last week and even though he still follows his misguided ways ( ), neither of us had to resort to anything more than trying to get our point across in a civil manner.

I believe that it was most likely the diatribe that Spide and I got into that did it.
SactownOrangeSunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #327
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactownOrangeSunday
I believe that it was most likely the diatribe that Spide and I got into that did it.
You mean this

Quote:
Only your whore daughters, but they arent exactly virgins are they, you have been busy fixing that.
and this

Quote:
, you sure they are yours, your woman is kinda loose, but that had nothing to do with you I am sure.
I'd say its dialog like this that is causing all the trouble around here guy...
Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #328
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Meet Your New Mods...

From L to R: dBruleU, W*GS, Old Dude, Hogan11, Pezman

(sorry Pez ... he looks a liitle like you is all...)

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 07-11-2006 at 07:06 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #329
SactownOrangeSunday
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
You mean this

and this

I'd say its dialog like this that is causing all the trouble around here guy...
Yep like I said my diatribe with Spide did it, trouble is my middle name, wait no actually its not. Seriously though sorry to all those that were offended I never should have gone there.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #330
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Yep like I said my diatribe with Spide did it, trouble is my middle name, wait no actually its not. Seriously though sorry to all those that were offended I never should have gone there.
Yeah, he does bring out the worst in some of the members of this forum sometimes. But believe me, only his attacks with Patch were more out of control that this and thankfully, we havent seen anything that bad since. I trust you wont stoop to that level again
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #331
SactownOrangeSunday
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, he does bring out the worst in some of the members of this forum sometimes. But believe me, only his attacks with Patch were more out of control that this and thankfully, we havent seen anything that bad since. I trust you wont stoop to that level again
Well not to Bronco fan, but do I have permission to rip into Chiefs fans
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #332
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Well not to Bronco fan, but do I have permission to rip into Chiefs fans

Yes, but make sure you when you rip them into them, its in small words. They get confused if the words are more then two syllables
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #333
SactownOrangeSunday
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13
Yes, but make sure you when you rip them into them, its in small words. They get confused if the words are more then two syllables
ahhh but what can you do about our poor misguided Chiefs fans
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #334
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
you should see me on the CB .......... I concider the turmoil to be research for my New Book .....how to influence people and make friend the right way ..... then I will release a book called diet tips for skinny people ........ Soon I wont need Errands tax money
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #335
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
What's your problem?

Why don't you do your job and MODERATE this room, instead of b****ing and threatening?

TJ, it was just one week ago when you complained in the main room that WRP is a "cess pool" and whenever you go there "you feel dirty." And yet on that VERY SAME DAY - you started a thread in here!!!! (The "Reesurrect a President" thread - a great thread). I'm sorry, TJ, but that makes you a first-class hypocrite in my book, at least on this topic.

WRP is the only room on this board without a moderator ... and yet you are "shocked, shocked!" when name-calling goes on?! Gimme a break. Stop blaming the room. As somebody who spends time in here (that's absolutely certain he posts nothing improper), your threats tick me off. You say "police yourself"? I say "do your job." Why not get, maybe, RedRocket to moderate? He seems pretty level-headed and not too political, and he has time to spend 30-60 minutes twice a day to go through the threads. We'll help him by self-reporting with PMs, and he can dole out whatever warnings or suspensions are warranted. (You know - like you do in EVERY OTHER room?!?)

I know the OM has been growing exponentially, and I'm happy for you and everybody. BUt don't act like the problem is getting "out of control," From where I sit, you're the problem. You and that empty box at the bottom of the page that says "Moderator:"

I'll do it if you guys want, I don't mind.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #336
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket RC
all this time I thought you was a chief fan ......... Sorry for ignoring you .......
Old 07-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #337
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Man thanks, but do you really want to be the most hated man on the board Lesson #1 in life, never volunteer for no win situation.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #338
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Man thanks, but do you really want to be the most hated man on the board Lesson #1 in life, never volunteer for no win situation.
Who can hate a cripple?

Besides, I'd be glad to help TJ.

Quote:
all this time I thought you was a chief fan ......... Sorry for ignoring you .......
You insult me.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #339
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

You insult me.
Diddnt mean to ......... Bob was talking about a red rocket ........ perhaps I should realy read one of his post before I jump to a conclusion ..... my bad
Old 07-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #340
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
Diddnt mean to ......... Bob was talking about a red rocket ........ perhaps I should realy read one of his post before I jump to a conclusion ..... my bad
Where?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #341
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Where?
Had somthing to do with Sirtan comming to the chiefs .........I cant remember the thread , I just glanced at it
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #342
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

You know, I can't help but notice a whopping irony in all this.

Those people who, by dint of their political worldview, preach about personal responsibility and rugged individualism and "getting government off our backs" are the same people who constantly look to TJ and the mods to intervene in their problems with others here.

The liberals here are the least likely to demand such interventions.

Funny how that works.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 AM   #343
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
You know, I can't help but notice a whopping irony in all this.

Those people who, by dint of their political worldview, preach about personal responsibility and rugged individualism and "getting government off our backs" are the same people who constantly look to TJ and the mods to intervene in their problems with others here.

The liberals here are the least likely to demand such interventions.

Funny how that works.
You might be right .... I Know I never said a word.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #344
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
You might be right .... I Know I never said a word.
I've never seen any evidence of a complaint about a conservative by a liberal on this forum.

If any have occurred, then none have been addressed here, and none have prompted any warnings or ultimatums from TJ that I'm aware of.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #345
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Quote:
Correct, you shouldn't have...dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #346
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
I've never seen any evidence of a complaint about a conservative by a liberal on this forum.

If any have occurred, then none have been addressed here, and none have prompted any warnings or ultimatums from TJ that I'm aware of.
You aren't looking hard enough. Can't see the the trees for the forest, perhaps?...dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #347
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
Sometimes, these arguments spill over into the main forum. That's a problem...

Just like vegas what happens on WRP should stay in WRP, got it LAFF?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #348
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer

Quote:
he cant have my job.
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #349
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default Amesj's Diatribe - or My last breath, why am i wasting it?

I've only party responded and with different parts of who [I]I[I] am.

So i'm going to say this from the point of view of what mood i'm currently in this afternoon:

I would have no problems leaving this BBS. It's a very nice BBS and TJ and others have done well for this board. I understand the claims on vulgarity, etc - but do feel the double standard rules applies to posters, and well as we see - to forums as well.

First off:

1. **** Spam. I don't care if it's vulgar to say it. IF you cannot write a post from your own free thought that was given to you either from "god" or from the millions of years of cellular evolution - DO NOT POST. There is nothing more wasteful than someone not capable of thinking on their own, and relying completley on 'argument from/of authority' as the complete basis for your posts. I don't care how many stupid pictures you post of Mike Moore's head up Clinton's Ass or how many pictures of Bush in a dapper uniform designed by Hugo Boss - 99% of the time it's crap, it's junk - it's not creative. Make your own instead, at least put effort into your task of propoganda.

2. if the only retort you can have is "liberal this, conservative that" - i suggsest you stop watching TV and listening to radio for 6 months and read as many books as you can in that time frame, or take up needle point - i don't care. Unplug, then re-evaluate your positions.

3. I don't care if you are christian, muslim, hindu, cult of amesj523 - no matter who your god is, mine is better - stop trying to run a conversion sale.

4. If you have a legit beef with someone, don't post and whine to a mod. Call it out in the open. What a stranger on the internet scares you? Please. if you are truley offended by something, let everyone know. Who knows, it may suprise you - there could be a justifiable merit to your beef - or - maybe just maybe - the problem is 'you'......

5. Learn to let GO of your own dogma, and really read what some people post. THINK THINK THINK!!!!!!!!! Just maybe for kicks, you should try thinking from the other side - maybe it will allow you to progress above r/d -

6. Words mean things - as anyone knows from my posts - i use words - their placements - etc - if you do step over the line - accept that you did and take what you get. I know i've offended many people with my postings - however - understand that 98.2% of the time i mean it as either a tool (an extreme is much easier to make a point with than a 'grey' item) - or for the sake of vulgar humour (which i guess is now taboo....)

7. Think about vulgarity and censorship. Is the freedom you seek a sterile homogonized place where thought and creativity are stifled in order to be visually pleasing?

8. why are you reading this, i don't have any answers.

9. you are all greater artists than you realize.

10. Equivalent exchange.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #350
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
or from the millions of years of cellular evolution -
Careful... you might start a holly war there
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote