The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
I see now you want to throw a Bítch fit ............. Blah, Blah , Blah , war room ......Whewre was all this concern when we on the left was called Anti American terrorist loving Pigs ? or when Death threats were issued , Hell Rascal Pmed me his home Phone # wante3d to fight , thought twice when he found out I was willing ...... Where was all this concern then ?
How about when most of us on the left got Terrorist Names ? Wasnt that over the top ?
How about when certian posters here feel the need to cram Religion down everyones throat , isnt that over the top and "****ting in the pool" ?
I know who went crying to you this time , shocking it wasnt Rascal ..........
Bottom line if they can dish it they can take it ..........
This is all over that Childmolesting list I have , I know it was meck that went to you , why is cause they wont have to face the list .............Thats what it is al about , it isnt the cursing or the name calling , if they say it is then the are lying , it is the Republican Pedophilia they choose not to deal with ........
So they want Pooitics shut down .............
Cowards ........... nothing more , nothing less
feel better?
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #27
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,687
Default

Spider

If you don't play nice - no sock monkey for you

elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #28
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
feel better?
it isnt a rant , it is the truth , Ask Garcia about when he wanted to ban me over the list ............ I used the list hard on sactown , this isnt about me calling him a dickhead , this is about the list of Republican molesters and me asking him of he prefers boys or Girls .......... thats what this is all about
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13
Spider

If you don't play nice - no sock monkey for you

. I could use one , I am in Farmington New Mexico . on my way to Mobil Alabama
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #30
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
I see now you want to throw a Bítch fit ............. Blah, Blah , Blah , war room ......Whewre was all this concern when we on the left was called Anti American terrorist loving Pigs ? or when Death threats were issued , Hell Rascal Pmed me his home Phone # wante3d to fight , thought twice when he found out I was willing ...... Where was all this concern then ?
How about when most of us on the left got Terrorist Names ? Wasnt that over the top ?
How about when certian posters here feel the need to cram Religion down everyones throat , isnt that over the top and "****ting in the pool" ?
I know who went crying to you this time , shocking it wasnt Rascal ..........
Bottom line if they can dish it they can take it ..........
This is all over that Childmolesting list I have , I know it was meck that went to you , why is cause they wont have to face the list .............Thats what it is al about , it isnt the cursing or the name calling , if they say it is then the are lying , it is the Republican Pedophilia they choose not to deal with ........
So they want Pooitics shut down .............
Cowards ........... nothing more , nothing less

Good points.

I think part of the reason for the apparent double standard here is that the right-wingers are quick to complain and to go crying to TJ and the mods when they are feeling the heat whereas those of us on the left don't feel the need to summon Big Brother to intervene when the righties pick a fight with us.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #31
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
it isnt a rant , it is the truth , Ask Garcia about when he wanted to ban me over the list ............ I used the list hard on sactown , this isnt about me calling him a dickhead , this is about the list of Republican molesters and me asking him of he prefers boys or Girls .......... thats what this is all about
I have no idea what list you are talking about.

Did you only post a list of Republican Childmolesters? If so, you knew when you posted it, it could get out of hand.

Calm down Spider. You dont know 100% any of this is pointed at you. You name hasnt been mentioned.

Last edited by Saddletramp; 07-09-2006 at 06:16 PM..
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #32
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Why do I get the creepy feeling that nominating a mod for here will turn the place into a conservative dominated forum? I suspect that's who does the majority of the complaining about posts and posters anyways.....I could be wrong, but I doubt that I am.

Close the forum? It'll never happen....TJ knows such a move risks moving the circus to the main board, something no one wants. The mods have their hands full with that as it is when certain posters ignore the rules and post political/current event threads in the main forum.....does anyone think they want to see that quadrupled?

IMHO, If personal attacks persist, then whack them with 30 days....that's it.

Problem solved.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #33
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Honestly, if we could get a mod in here, I'd personally nominate Elsid13, Slug or Shack in a heartbeat. That's not to say that LABF , W*gs or anyone else isnt worthy by the way... just my personal choices.

As for the rest of this forum, as long as the attacks aren't personal, obscene and vicious threats, then its all fair game in here IMO.
Slug seems a bit right-leaning, but I heartily second all three!

PLEASE don't shut it down, TJ ... I've learned a lot in here. (Albeit, mostly I've learned how to distinguish between BS and fact ... )
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #34
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
. I could use one , I am in Farmington New Mexico . on my way to Mobil Alabama
right through Amarillo. The Hoffbrau has great steaks. 7203 I-40 west.

Last edited by Saddletramp; 07-09-2006 at 06:17 PM..
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #35
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,671
Default

For my part, I've never complained to any of the mods about anyone or anything.

On the other hand, some folks here think they can (figuratively) poke someone in the eye with a stick and not get the same treatment back.

Get some thicker skin. And drop the bogus guilt-by-association nonsense.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #36
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,687
Default

I actually think I crossed the line with that pic. But now you know what Bob does with his sock monkeys.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #37
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

There's no reason to have a moderator in here. Politics itself is nasty, dirty, personal and crosses the line. Small wonder if people discussing it do likewise. I don't get why this is an issue? Are legions of 7 year olds lining up to discuss the war in Iraq on the OM?

Dumb idea of the month.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #38
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
No the point is there should be some moderation. We shouldn't have to use the ignore option.
This is like a parent saying "I shouldn't have to use parental controls" and then complaining because his kids were exposed to an R-rated program on cable TV.

Last edited by L.A. BRONCOS FAN; 07-09-2006 at 06:17 PM..
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #39
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Why do I get the creepy feeling that nominating a mod for here will turn the place into a conservative dominated forum?
Bear with me here ....

Why not just create a list of, say, 22 words and all *** eqiuvalents that cannot be used. In addition, "overtly personal attacks" would cover most of what's left ...

Maybe that kid RedRocket would moderate - using these rules. He's a pretty level-headed kid, and he has time enough to spend 30-45 minutes twice a day going thru the threads and e-mails. I'll bet he'd be thrilled to give it a shot.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #40
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
This is like a parent saying "I shouldn't have to use parental controls" and then complaining because his kids were exposed to an R-rated program on cable TV.
children are only exposed to R-rated programs because the parents allow it. That is probably the worst excuse I have ever heard.
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #41
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27
There's no reason to have a moderator in here. Politics itself is nasty, dirty, personal and crosses the line. Small wonder if people discussing it do likewise. I don't get why this is an issue? Are legions of 7 year olds lining up to discuss the war in Iraq on the OM?

Dumb idea of the month.
Bingo.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #42
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
I have no idea what list you are talking about.

Did you only post a list of Republican Childmolesters? If so, you knew when you posted it, it could get out of hand.

Calm down Spider. You dont know 100% any of this is pointed at you. You name hasnt been mentioned.
I am not riled up , just stating the real reason why this is going down , No one is 100% to blame , but Most of us here take part in it , I am not saying I am innocent , or vindecated in anyway .... just stating the obvious ....... I dont like double dealing , they want ot bring down the heat , thats fine , but bring it down for the right reasons , not some bullshít excuse
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #43
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

elsid13 is the consensus choice.

elsid, what say you? .... errrr... I mean .... how about it?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #44
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS
For my part, I've never complained to any of the mods about anyone or anything.

On the other hand, some folks here think they can (figuratively) poke someone in the eye with a stick and not get the same treatment back.

Get some thicker skin. And drop the bogus guilt-by-association nonsense.
. no W*GS you havent .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #45
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Personal attacks are not permissable under any circumstances.....30 days each offense would straighten up the lot of them....there's no valid reason why this forum should be above the rules of the Board itself.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #46
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
children are only exposed to R-rated programs because the parents allow it. That is probably the worst excuse I have ever heard.
It's a perfectly good analogy.

For you to say "I shouldn't have to use ignore" and then complain about someone else's input is just like someone who refuses to use parental controls and then complains about seeing R-rated material on cable TV.

You have the means to filter out things you don't want to see, but you insist on censorship instead.

Last edited by L.A. BRONCOS FAN; 07-09-2006 at 06:25 PM..
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #47
cbs1177
Ring of Famer
 
cbs1177's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,194
Default

Okay i have only voted Republican my whole life but I didn't ever call any one names or of that sort. The only Republican who won was the current bush and governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee who is amazingly (not sure if that is a word) funny he came to Arkansas's boy state. He is freaking funny. Sad to see him go b/c of term limits although I think term limits are good and healthy for politcs. My motto after working at a old money country club we all poop and wipe ourselves the same. In reality we are all human.
cbs1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #48
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Personal attacks are not permissible under any circumstances.....30 days each offense would straighten up the lot of them....there's no valid reason why this forum should be above the rules of the Board itself.


bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahtzie!!!!!!!!!!!



my spelling sucks.
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #49
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
I have no idea what list you are talking about.

Did you only post a list of Republican Childmolesters? If so, you knew when you posted it, it could get out of hand.
Of course it ahouold get out of hand , Molesters shouldnt be protected and voted into office just cause they are republicans ........... you are a parent like me , dont you think this info should be public ?
Quote:
right through Amarillo. The Hoffbrau has great steaks. 7203 I-40 west.
hmmmmmmmmm steak
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #50
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
It's a perfectly good analogy.

For you to say "I shouldn't have to use ignore" and then complain about someone else's input is just like someone who refuses to use parental controls and then complains about seeing R-rated material on cable TV.

You have the means to filter out things you don't want to see, but you insist on censorship instead.
CENSORSHIP MY FAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


how about just common decency? Ever heard of it??
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Denver Broncos