The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I would trade Nathan for Teixeira in a heartbeat. Tex has been a collosal disappointment this year, but he's still one of the top five power hitters in baseball. I wouldn't be surprised to see him crank 15 HRs in a month and get his numbers close to his normal figures.

I wouldn't underrate Nathan's save opps in the second half. Santana and now Liriano are going to keep them in a lot of close games, but I would still make that trade.

So he countered... He wants both Nathan and Figgins for Teixiera... What do you think? Do I do it? I think so. I've got Figgins on the bench anyway, but I like his utility...

The interesting story behind Figgins, is that he drafted him. I traded for Figgins ins a deal to get Clemens... I had drafted Derek Lee, and once he got injured I picked up Nick Swisher, and then offered Derek Lee and Brad Penny in a deal for Chone Figgins and Roger Clemens.

So what do you think? Should I give up Figgins and Nathan for Teix...

My concern is Teix's power has suddenly vanished... You know... right after the steroids thing exploded in MLB's face. What if, you know?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote