|04-06-2006, 10:03 PM||#1|
KFFL Writer/Fantasy Scout
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The OC
Tutorial 7: Dramatic Lighting Effect
This tutorial will teach you how to create dramatic, professional looking lighting effects for portraits or action photos in 4 quick and easy steps. It is a brief photo touch-up that you can have lots of fun with.
1) Open your image, I'm going to use this one of Carmelo Anthony. Pictures with heavy moods or dramatic situations (such as an attempt for a blocked shot, a tipped pass, etc.) are preferable.
2) Go to Filter > Render > Lighting Effect
3) Select Soft Omni from the Style dropdown menu at the top of the dialog.
4) Look at the small spotlight at the center of your image on your preview window.
5) Drag the center point into the position where you want it (usually the subject) or adjust the circle of light so that they’re larger/smaller by clicking on one of the side points and drag it outward/inward.
We're done! You can experiment with the different lighting effects (other than Soft Omni) like the flashlight or spotlights.
This was my final product (with the addition of text)