The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default What really grinds my gears and other fantastic things...

What annoys you? The things that get your goat, tweak your last nerve, grind your gears? What makes your teeth set on edge faster than anything?

For me, its unrepentant ass kissery combined with general blind ignorance.

Feel free to share.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I so thought this was going to go another way!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Dukes
Ring of Famer

People who don't adhere to unwritten (and written) rules of society. For instance, I actually saw a person driving make a right turn at a stop light, drive maybe five yards then flip a ***** and turn right again. All so they didn't have to wait at the stoplight. Because waiting and extra 20 seconds is really going to **** up your day.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Silence View Post
People who don't adhere to unwritten (and written) rules of society. For instance, I actually saw a person driving make a right turn at a stop light, drive maybe five yards then flip a ***** and turn right again. All so they didn't have to wait at the stoplight. Because waiting and extra 20 seconds is really going to **** up your day.
Speaking of driving things...

What grinds my gears is this:
People on the road who don't know where they're going or not paying attention, and then holding up traffic.

Example: This jackass is in the right lane, but should be in the left lane to turn. Instead of passing his turn and changing lanes or turning around at the next open/safe possibility, he's going to slow waaaaaay down and/or stop altogether, throw on his blinker, and completely hold up traffic just so he can get into his turn lane, and the rest of the world be damned.

Obviously I cut people with out-of-state plates some slack, but locals who do that get me heated.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

People on the road who don't know where they're going or not paying attention, and then holding up traffic.

Example: This jackass is in the right lane, but should be in the left lane to turn. Instead of passing his turn and changing lanes or turning around at the next open/safe possibility, he's going to slow waaaaaay down and/or stop altogether, throw on his blinker, and completely hold up traffic just so he can get into his turn lane, and the rest of the world be damned.

Obviously I cut people with out-of-state plates some slack, but locals who do that get me heated.
I see that you're from Albq NM. I'm in Alamosa, CO and visit a friend down there maybe once a month. New Mexico drivers are generally some of the worst I've ever seen, and scare the crap out of me. My friend who moved there for a job from Utah got hit by a drunk driver the first week he was there.

People on I-25 are nuts. I don't think half the people that change lanes check their blind spot as I've almost been swerved into multiple times. Then once there was a construction zone where the speed limit was somewhere around 45. I was doing 65 in this zone speeding myself only because I was being tailgated BADLY. Two semis passed me and had to have been going at least 75-85 in a 45 mph construction zone.

I personally am from Denver so I also drive up to Denver on a regular basis, so I have experience with highway driving and I thought Colorado Drivers were bad. NM is AWFUL

I wish you and your family SAFE travels. That state is CRAZY

Last edited by Dexter; 02-16-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 AM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I see that you're from Albq NM. I'm in Alamosa, CO and visit a friend down there maybe once a month. New Mexico drivers are generally some of the worst I've ever seen, and scare the crap out of me. My friend who moved there for a job from Utah got hit by a drunk driver the first week he was there.

People on I-25 are nuts. I don't think half the people that change lanes check their blind spot as I've almost been swerved into multiple times. Then once there was a construction zone where the speed limit was somewhere around 45. I was doing 65 in this zone speeding myself only because I was being tailgated BADLY. Two semis passed me and had to have been going at least 75-85 in a 45 mph construction zone.

I personally am from Denver so I also drive up to Denver on a regular basis, so I have experience with highway driving and I thought Colorado Drivers were bad. NM is AWFUL

Oh yeah for sure. Nobody uses their turn signal, some people are just flat out nuts, etc. I mean I've never been in an accident but there are a lot of bad drivers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
People who use ignore.

People who announce who they have on ignore.

People who tell the person who they supposedly have on ignore, that they have them on ignore.

People who post screen shots of their ignore list.

People who post copy/pastes of the "This message is hidden because you have X on ignore"
So freakin' true. To piggyback on this, people who dislike threads and then choose to post in the the thread telling people how stupid the thread is, thus sending the thread they hate to the top of the board instead of letting it die.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #7
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

People who chew with their mouths open and you can hear them smacking across the room.

People who have no reading comprehension.

Women drivers (sorry ladies, you and your cell phone driving sucks like no sucking has sucked before).

Fortune cookies that have no fortune in them (it's not an advice cookie or a tell me about myself cookie).

People that won't try a food simply because of how it looks.

People that I barely know telling me what my religious beliefs are and when corrected say "No you don't."

Crocs.

Guys who wear loafers with no socks. That's just gross.

Ladies that walk very slowly next to each other down hallways and space themselves just far enough apart that if you tried to squeeze by, it would be rude.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post

I completely agree. Some also drive in the left hand lane going 55 and never get over. Then you have to switch lanes and get blocked off by another car in the right hand lane. It is the most frustrating driving that there is.
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:

That pisses me off to no end. If I miss my turn, or my exit on the freeway, I just keep going and make the next turn, make a legal U turn, or take the next exit on the freeway. I'm the one who screwed up, so I have to personally deal with the annoyance of taking longer to get where I need to go. I'm not going to slow down other people's day.

But a lot of people don't see it that way. Like you said, they'll slow down, holding up traffic, just to get in the right lane. That person screwed up and now I have to wait? And the worst is when somebody misses their exit on the freeway, but they really want to make that exit, so they cut across multiple lanes without worrying about damn near running into every car in their path. Just take the next exit.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

Oh damn, you nailed exactly what I was thinking. Don't they know where they are going when they leave? They act as if they are out there on the road all by themselves, slowing everything down. Plus the people who are driving a road with a 40 mph speed limit and they are going below 30. If you cannot go the speed limit then get on a road that goes 30 or below. And the worst culprit of all of these driving stupidities? Van's. I don't know if it's the mentality of people who buy Van's or if Van's don't go over the speed of 30 but everytime traffic slows down I say "bet it's a Van" and sure enough. Today on a two lane road, speed limit 40 a Van stops in front of house, blocking all traffic to let someone off. It's a miracle the driver survived.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Dumb people. So like 95% of America.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dumb people. So like 95% of America.
Wow, it must be lonely all by yourself up on that high horse. Please dont trample us as you ride by.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Edit - Sorry didn't realize the video was an auto-start

Last edited by Swedish Extrovert; 02-16-2011 at 09:44 PM..
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Seeing another ridiculous thread started by epicfail whenever I log in.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

politics in workplace and job market. people telling me what to do when they have no place in doing so, and even if they do, telling me to do stuff or what i need to be doing, when it has no effect on them or their life.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
politics in workplace and job market. people telling me what to do when they have no place in doing so, and even if they do, telling me to do stuff or what i need to be doing, when it has no effect on them or their life.
you need to get some perspective...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Stupid drivers, making left hand turns out of the right lane.

Getting off the off the freeway at the last second with no signal.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post

Californians!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post

Had someone try this right in front of me today. It goes along with another peeve - stopping where there is no stop sign. Going into the mall (cookie for my son after his doctor's appt) and this old lady decides that she's going to 1) first stop in the right lane where there is no stop sign, then 2) try to make a left turn as I approach and then 3) be forced into that right turn by my long honk instead of letting her crash her land yacht into my SUV.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #20
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Had someone try this right in front of me today. It goes along with another peeve - stopping where there is no stop sign. Going into the mall (cookie for my son after his doctor's appt) and this old lady decides that she's going to 1) first stop in the right lane where there is no stop sign, then 2) try to make a left turn as I approach and then 3) be forced into that right turn by my long honk instead of letting her crash her land yacht into my SUV.
yep, happens all the time. People just do not know how to merge. they stop until there are no cars coming, even though they have a 100 foot merge lane.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #21
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

People who speed in residential areas.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #22
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Carnies...

Circus folk. Nomads you know. Small hands, smell like cabbage.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.

Like a complete unknown

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Carnies...

I love that movie.

This goes under the "no ****, sherlock" category.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #24
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Carnies...

Carnies
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #25
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
People who speed in residential areas.
This.