The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default Bradshaw and Fouts

Bradshaw is the worst ever at highlights, what an idiot.

And Fouts is a ****er co******ing ******.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Fouts is abismal
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Enberg is no longer speaking english.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

the broncos are really bad tonight. but the announcers are far, far worse.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

which is worse, 2 pick sixes, or 300+ yards rushing?
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
which is worse, 2 pick sixes, or 300+ yards rushing?
thats called an entire team collapse...they are equally bad.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Since I have been accused of making duplicate threads. Did a quick search and found this one.

Fouts is the biggest bronco hating announcer I can remember listening to.

Every penalty called today he announced it with glee and even a few that we're not called he showed his bias.

How can an announcer be allowed to call a game for or against a team that is so biased.

Even some of the penalties on the browns he comments on there should have been more or justified them to nth degree.

God forbid it is a chargers game against us it is even more blatant.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Since I have been accused of making duplicate threads. Did a quick search and found this one.

Fouts is the biggest bronco hating announcer I can remember listening to.

Every penalty called today he announced it with glee and even a few that we're not called he showed his bias.

How can an announcer be allowed to call a game for or against a team that is so biased.

Even some of the penalties on the browns he comments on there should have been more or justified them to nth degree.

God forbid it is a chargers game against us it is even more blatant.
While much of your football knowledge is valid and intelligent, I rarely agree with your tone and angle. Just wanted to hand it to you you though, you nailed it on this one.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,792
Default

Look, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Dan Deirdorf and that other dumbass were a lot worse. A lot.

This was like 100 times better than last week. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand these ****ers either, and agree they are horrible, but much better than last week.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Look, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Dan Deirdorf and that other dumbass were a lot worse. A lot.

This was like 100 times better than last week. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand these ****ers either, and agree they are horrible, but much better than last week.
Those guys last week were as about as bad as I have ever heard. Seems like most of the guys at CBS can't stand the Broncos.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Those guys last week were as about as bad as I have ever heard. Seems like most of the guys at CBS can't stand the Broncos.
Yep. Remember the Sean Salsbury steak comments a few years ago. Just trash talking us at an opportunity he could? Until he started looking like a jack ass, and was the only one saying them, he finally quit.

Well a lot these so called "experts, analysts, and know-it-alls" picked San Diego or KC to win the division and be SB contenders. And now they've become comfortable with what Manning is doing. He always has won this way or that way.....Or, what did you expect? Its Manning!

**** them all.

Even Deon Sanders had a hard time on NFLN saying that we're the most complete AFC team tonight. When we started winning he kept saying NE was better. Then we were at 7, then 8 in a row. He was still saying, that until we beat them, they are the better team. Not that I would completely disagree with him. He kept pointing out how we were beat early in the season. What he failed to mention was how much the team had grown and improved since that early in the season. Hes definitely a hater. One could see just how much it hurt him to admit.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I like Dan Fouts.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Dan Fouts.
Did you think his angle on the Stokely penalty was accurate, most importantly that it was intentionally excessive?

I thought his excessive commentary was blatantly anti-Bronco. Stokely doesn't go out and b**** like he did if he knows he's wrong.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #14
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Did you think his angle on the Stokely penalty was accurate, most importantly that it was intentionally excessive?

I thought his excessive commentary was blatantly anti-Bronco. Stokely doesn't go out and b**** like he did if he knows he's wrong.
It was pretty obvious Stokely was lining him up the whole time and then dropped his shoulder to hit him. He wasn't pushed hardly at all and definately not enough to level the guy like that. It seemed to be a pretty dirty play to me.

Fouts was right on with the bull**** unnecessary roughness call on Champ as well. What a horrible, soft call.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Did you think his angle on the Stokely penalty was accurate, most importantly that it was intentionally excessive?

I thought his excessive commentary was blatantly anti-Bronco. Stokely doesn't go out and b**** like he did if he knows he's wrong.
I thought it was a play designed to rub the receivers, but I felt like Stokely flopped to try and sell PI on him. I'm not accusing Stokely of being a regular flopper, but it was the right call. If someone is that wide open, especially against one of the above-average defenses in the NFL, then probably something happened. I think the refs were pretty ticky-tacky yesterday, but they were so both ways.

My experience with the color analyst guys is by and large they don't favor a team, but they favor a squad. Offensive guys tend to side with the offense. And defensive guys tend to side with the defense. I think they empathize more with the position they play. I think there are times when they might heap praise on good players and not as much on lesser known players, even when both make equally amazing plays. However I don't notice too many color analyst guys "hating" on one team or another. I'm neutral on most of the announcers and less neutral on the color analysts.

Announcers I don't like:
Mike Tirico - he's so fake.
Beth Mowens - I don't like female announcers. It's sexist but it's distracting to me.
Spero Dedes - I don't "hate" him but he's one of my least favorite.
There's a few fox guys on here, but I am not familiar enough with them to remember them right now.
Joe Buck - This guy is just too uppity for me. He's very good at his job, technically speaking, but he seems like a snob to me.

Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Matt Millen - It's impossible to take this fraud seriously after what he did in Detroit.
Rich Gannon - I actually like Gannon but I hate how he adds syllables to words that don't exist - especially the way he pronounces athletic like "ath-a-letic," for example.
Tony Siragusa - This fat idiot needs to shut up. He adds nothing to the games. He's an annoying third wheel.
Mike Mayock - He's too much. He talks about what he knows, but no one wants a combine report or a break down of a player's technique during a game.


Favorite Announcers:
Gus Johnson
Brent Musburger
Brad Nessler
Jim Nantz

Favorite Analysts:
Cris Collinsworth - I think he's the best
Steve Beuerlein
Chucky
Kirk Herbstreit
Troy Aikman

The rest are more or less the same to me, but I would say more on the above-average level.

For production value I think NBC does the best followed by CBS, ABC college, Fox, ESPN MNF and a distant last place to the NFL Network.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I thought it was a play designed to rub the receivers, but I felt like Stokely flopped to try and sell PI on him. I'm not accusing Stokely of being a regular flopper, but it was the right call. If someone is that wide open, especially against one of the above-average defenses in the NFL, then probably something happened. I think the refs were pretty ticky-tacky yesterday, but they were so both ways.

My experience with the color analyst guys is by and large they don't favor a team, but they favor a squad. Offensive guys tend to side with the offense. And defensive guys tend to side with the defense. I think they empathize more with the position they play. I think there are times when they might heap praise on good players and not as much on lesser known players, even when both make equally amazing plays. However I don't notice too many color analyst guys "hating" on one team or another. I'm neutral on most of the announcers and less neutral on the color analysts.

Announcers I don't like:
Mike Tirico - he's so fake.
Beth Mowens - I don't like female announcers. It's sexist but it's distracting to me.
Spero Dedes - I don't "hate" him but he's one of my least favorite.
There's a few fox guys on here, but I am not familiar enough with them to remember them right now.
Joe Buck - This guy is just too uppity for me. He's very good at his job, technically speaking, but he seems like a snob to me.

Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Matt Millen - It's impossible to take this fraud seriously after what he did in Detroit.
Rich Gannon - I actually like Gannon but I hate how he adds syllables to words that don't exist - especially the way he pronounces athletic like "ath-a-letic," for example.
Tony Siragusa - This fat idiot needs to shut up. He adds nothing to the games. He's an annoying third wheel.
Mike Mayock - He's too much. He talks about what he knows, but no one wants a combine report or a break down of a player's technique during a game.


Favorite Announcers:
Gus Johnson
Brent Musburger
Brad Nessler
Jim Nantz

Favorite Analysts:
Cris Collinsworth - I think he's the best
Steve Beuerlein
Chucky
Kirk Herbstreit
Troy Aikman

The rest are more or less the same to me, but I would say more on the above-average level.

For production value I think NBC does the best followed by CBS, ABC college, Fox, ESPN MNF and a distant last place to the NFL Network.
Tim Ryan is the best, imo
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
E_Rox
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post


Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Cross admitted as much on Sirius years ago. He went on a tangent for some reason and Bob Papa pulled him back from the whole story if I recall correctly. He definitely has a chubby for the organization. Doesn't help he works part time for the Patsies now. Can't stand the guy, even worse in the old Miller Lite commercials
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rox View Post
Cross admitted as much on Sirius years ago. He went on a tangent for some reason and Bob Papa pulled him back from the whole story if I recall correctly.
I figured as much. I am not wont to buy into the "so-and-so hates the broncos" rhetoric. However Cross is one guy who sticks out to me.

Guys like Fouts who haven't played in two decades don't have any players left to hate. As I said, I think color analysts favor the squads they played for. Offensive players will defend ticky tacky PI calls or roughing the passer calls while defensive players will complain and raise a stink about how unfair and difficult it is for a defender in those situations. I think sometimes if they are calling for the team they played for they will be overly kind, but sometimes the reverse is true and I find them to be overly critical of their former teams.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-26-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
mkporter
Ring of Famer
 
mkporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Dan Fouts.
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
All we heard against Baltimore was how many injuries they had. Its Gumble and Dierdorf. Can't believe they let Gus Johnson leave to call college games for Fox. My personal favs are Nantz-Simms, Al Michaels-Collinsworth(talks a little to much but whatever), Trico-Gruden, Mike Mayok(NFLN), Don't mind Aikmen-Buck. Outside of Nantz-Simms i can't think of any CBS announcers i can stand.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
this!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #22
Durango
Ring of Famer
 
Durango's Avatar
 
Woodsman

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,061

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Dan Fouts.
I do too, and I think CBS generally has an excellent staff of sports announcers, as opposed to Fox. Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth clearly seem head and shoulders above the rest, but I haven't had a problem with any announcers or the pre-game crews this season at all.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I don't get the whining about play-by-play guys and the color analysts. So many people on this site say "they all suck" and I think there are maybe four or five I don't like, three that I think are awesome and the rest are average to pretty good.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't get the whining about play-by-play guys and the color analysts. So many people on this site say "they all suck" and I think there are maybe four or five I don't like, three that I think are awesome and the rest are average to pretty good.
That is why you're a superior being Kahn, they don't bother you as much as the rest of us, it's evolution. There's maybe 3 I like as well, the rest of them are are there to fill air space and there's nothing anybody can do about it...it's something to b**** about because it's annoying.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
oldustyballs
Rookie
 
oldustyballs's Avatar
 
ODB

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 89

Adopt-a-Bronco:
nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't get the whining about play-by-play guys and the color analysts. So many people on this site say "they all suck" and I think there are maybe four or five I don't like, three that I think are awesome and the rest are average to pretty good.
This

The only two I don't like is joe buck and troy aikman
I wish we could get Tim Ryan sometimes.
oldustyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Denver Broncos