The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Job Networking Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Orange Mane Networking Forum now open...

By popular demand, we've opened an Orange Mane Job networking forum.

Lets see how it goes!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Thanks TJ!!! Happy belated by the way.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Ok now what?
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Alright Apa is here where are the cocktails and snacks.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Well this is what I think we should do. Move the What do you do for a living poll into this forum and sticky it. That way everyone can see exactly what sector of the workforce everyone is in so they can identify posters that are in similar fields. Next we start a specific thread for each of those sectors of the workforce that are listed on the poll. I believe there are 31 of them. Within each sub thread those posters that are in that sector post their location/specific role/ and career level. That should get those looking for help to the right people. Then within each of these sub threads people can put postings about job opportunities/job searches/etc. Just out of curiosity it would be fun to then add a thread about success stories to track how effective this method is and then it would allow us to make changes as we see fit. TI am more than willing to essentially run this part of the site if Taco doesnt want to assign a real moderator to this forumn. Thoughts?
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
Well this is what I think we should do. Move the What do you do for a living poll into this forum and sticky it. That way everyone can see exactly what sector of the workforce everyone is in so they can identify posters that are in similar fields. Next we start a specific thread for each of those sectors of the workforce that are listed on the poll. I believe there are 31 of them. Within each sub thread those posters that are in that sector post their location/specific role/ and career level. That should get those looking for help to the right people. Then within each of these sub threads people can put postings about job opportunities/job searches/etc. Just out of curiosity it would be fun to then add a thread about success stories to track how effective this method is and then it would allow us to make changes as we see fit. TI am more than willing to essentially run this part of the site if Taco doesnt want to assign a real moderator to this forumn. Thoughts?
I think that is an excellent idea.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Nice, thanks for getting this started. I got the delayed pink slip about 2 weeks ago. I could have relocated (SF, NYC, or Chicago), but the adjustment for cost of living was awful, and the implications it would have for my family (wife would have to go back to work full time, 1 year old would have to go to full time daycare) made that decision easy for me. Not to mention I would miss going to Broncos home games . So, I have a job until September 30th, after that I have a decent severance package. I am looking now, but will start aggressively pursuing something in the summer. Hoping to time it right so that I can start elsewhere and bank the severance. We shall see. It's like gambling really.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Nice, thanks for getting this started. I got the delayed pink slip about 2 weeks ago. I could have relocated (SF, NYC, or Chicago), but the adjustment for cost of living was awful, and the implications it would have for my family (wife would have to go back to work full time, 1 year old would have to go to full time daycare) made that decision easy for me. Not to mention I would miss going to Broncos home games . So, I have a job until September 30th, after that I have a decent severance package. I am looking now, but will start aggressively pursuing something in the summer. Hoping to time it right so that I can start elsewhere and bank the severance. We shall see. It's like gambling really.

What do you do?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
What do you do?
MY title is "Manager, Rich Media Production Services". I work for Google (they acquired the company I have been with since 2001, DoubleClick). My group develops solutions for Online Display ads, you know the ads that expand, play video, allow for user interaction. All those ads that irritate you across the web . WE add tracking metrics that allow for our clients to get more in depth reporting from their online campaigns rather than just impressions and click counts.

I would really prefer to get back into a client facing role like account or campaign management, rather than managing. Babysitting and administrative stuff is not my cup of tea, but it is a role I took because I thought that is the direction I needed to go. Not digging it so much.

Last edited by BigPlayShay; 01-30-2009 at 09:25 AM..
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

bump
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #11
fankadeo
Rookie

oh noooooooooooooooooooo