The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default OT: Roger Clemens, Bonds, Pettite on Mitchell Report

This should surprise no one...

The guy is two times bigger than when younger...

The guy has pitched at a high level well into his 40's...

I've been saying this for years...it's about time it goes public..

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7556534?MSNHPHMA

Last edited by Gcver2ver3; 12-13-2007 at 10:55 AM..
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Smelvin
Pro Bowler

The big winner in the Mitchell Report......Barry Bonds.

All you idiots who crucified him as if he was doing something unique....shame on you. To say the crucifiction of Bonds wasn't a witch hunt is laughable.

I'm not saying Bonds is innocent....but he's no different than any other modern day player.

May they ALL burn in hell!
Smelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelvin View Post

All you idiots who crucified him as if he was doing something unique....shame on you. To say the crucifiction of Bonds wasn't a witch hunt is laughable.

I'm not saying Bonds is innocent....but he's no different than any other modern day player.

Bonds is a cheating/lying turd of a human being.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
Bonds is a cheating/lying turd of a human being.

I agree with you as well
Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:

Rep....I agree whole heartedly
Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Quote:

I completely agree. Bonds is a jerk, especially to the media so the media wanted to stick it to him like no other. He is the main reason why steriods in baseball became such a media story and why steroids in football is a complete after thought.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
labronx
Remember 98

Astronomy, Math, Medicine & Music

Location: The San Fernando Valley (5th largest city in the country!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief View Post
I completely agree. Bonds is a jerk, especially to the media so the media wanted to stick it to him like no other. He is the main reason why steriods in baseball became such a media story and why steroids in football is a complete after thought.
post of the week 1A
labronx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
labronx
Remember 98

Astronomy, Math, Medicine & Music

Location: The San Fernando Valley (5th largest city in the country!)

Quote:

post of the week
labronx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:

That Clemmens was doing it doesn't mean what Bonds did was ok. What sort of twisted logic is that?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That Clemmens was doing it doesn't mean what Bonds did was ok. What sort of twisted logic is that?
Who said that what Bonds did was okay?

Bonds is scum...but he's not alone is all
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kaylore, you are way off with your comment. He did not say that, He said that this was a Bonds witchhunt and that people were saying it was a unique situation that was all Bonds.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #12
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Use your head. Of course the all time home run leader will take on greater scrutiny than some utility infielder. The sin is not just in using but in deliberately lying about it every chance he got and claiming that record was not tainted. So Bonds actually IS different than any other player in that respect.

We can agree, however, with that last statement.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Use your head. Of course the all time home run leader will take on greater scrutiny than some utility infielder. The sin is not just in using but in deliberately lying about it every chance he got and claiming that record was not tainted. So Bonds actually IS different than any other player in that respect.

then you must indict all of baseball from the 50's on...because baseball admits it has been on performance enhancers at least since then.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #14
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

I wouldn't have a problem with Bonds taking more heat than most other players. But the problem is that he took the bulk of the heat, by himself for the most part, while many pretty much got a free pass. Bonds should be in the group of guys who is talked about more, but there should not be one poster child of the steriods era. Bonds was given way more than his fair share of the heat.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #15
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with Bonds taking more heat than most other players. But the problem is that he took the bulk of the heat, by himself for the most part, while many pretty much got a free pass. Bonds should be in the group of guys who is talked about more, but there should not be one poster child of the steriods era. Bonds was given way more than his fair share of the heat.

This is not true. The Mitchell Report has been going on for the last 2 years because of the investigation. The FACT that Bonds admitted to "unknowingly" taking steriods and the FACT that he was about to break one of baseball's prominant records automatically put the pressure on himself. The only other names that had accusations of steroid use at the time when Bonds got discovered were those of players who were no longer in the league and at that point were irrelevant. Now, that the report is out you will see players on this list catch the heat. The list was never released until now so there was no one else to talk about but Bonds.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
This is not true. The Mitchell Report has been going on for the last 2 years because of the investigation. The FACT that Bonds admitted to "unknowingly" taking steriods and the FACT that he was about to break one of baseball's prominant records automatically put the pressure on himself. The only other names that had accusations of steroid use at the time when Bonds got discovered were those of players who were no longer in the league and at that point were irrelevant. Now, that the report is out you will see players on this list catch the heat. The list was never released until now so there was no one else to talk about but Bonds.

This report isn't saying anything we didn't already know. We all knew that a lot of these players were on roids. Bonds was taking heat over it before he went before the grand jury. It was a witch hunt against Bonds. Others took a little heat, but nobody took it like Bonds took it. Not even close. They are all guilty of the same thing.

Now, I am not saying that Bonds should be let off the hook. He should take the heat. My point is that other players should have taken just as much heat. Bash them all or don't bash any of them. I'm all for bashing them all, including Bonds.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
He certainly took all the heat in the stadiums. But McGwire, etc., certainly were shown a great deal of contempt in the press and on boards like this.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
He certainly took all the heat in the stadiums. But McGwire, etc., certainly were shown a great deal of contempt in the press and on boards like this.

True.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:

I totally agree. I have never made the point that Bonds was innocent, or that he should be let off the hook. My points was always that it was unfair that he was the only one on the hook. Bonds got everything that he deserved, but all those other steroid users deserved it too. Most of them were let off the hook while Bonds took the bulk of the heat. The reasons for Bonds taking most of the heat were shakey at best. I'm not about to say it was because of race, but I'll just say that it certainly didn't help being black.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
I totally agree. I have never made the point that Bonds was innocent, or that he should be let off the hook. My points was always that it was unfair that he was the only one on the hook. Bonds got everything that he deserved, but all those other steroid users deserved it too. Most of them were let off the hook while Bonds took the bulk of the heat. The reasons for Bonds taking most of the heat were shakey at best. I'm not about to say it was because of race, but I'll just say that it certainly didn't help being black.

Oh please. Please dont become the new Footstool24. At least you used to keep it more objective than that ridiculous assclown. Bonds wasnt singled out because of his color. He was in the spotlight because of the record he was breaking, nothing more.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Bonds wasnt singled out because of his color. He was in the spotlight because of the record he was breaking, nothing more.
Well I wouldn't go that far....but i do believe that Barry Bond's personality teamed with his gawdy record breaking numbers does obviously bring attention to him....deservingly so...i agree with you there

But if you're implying that color has no impact on this that would be a bit niave....
Old 12-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
Well I wouldn't go that far....but i do believe that Barry Bond's personality teamed with his gawdy record breaking numbers does obviously bring attention to him....deservingly so...i agree with you there

But if you're implying that color has no impact on this that would be a bit niave....
Oh come on now, give me a ****ing break, don't turn this into a race thing now. Is Giambi black? No and he was grilled, he just admitted it and dealt with it, hence why you don't hear the lingering stories of it anymore. All of these mother ****ers are of different race, creed, religion, etc and should all get the same treatment.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:

It doesnt. Maybe Bonds attitude towards the whole ordeal and how he conducted himself as a person may have brought more scrutiny to himself. I would agree with that sentiment. But color was not a factor in this. Again, the fact that Bonds was going for a prominent record was his biggest achilles heal. And seeing how there were no other names released aside from players who were retired or irrelevant to the league added the fuel to the Bonds spotlight. It doesnt matter who on this website or in society "thought" were on steroids, what matters is who was on the report. But there was never a name leaked out aside from a rumor here or rumor there. But you can bet your ass that with the report being out now no one will get a so-called "free pass". If McGwire was still in the league playing he would be right on that mantle next to Bonds right now. But, he is out of the league so therefore irrelevant to what was going on the baseball field.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #24
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:

I totally agree, especially with the last sentence. Like I said before, I'm not about to say it was because of race, but being black certainly doesn't help him.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Oh please. Please dont become the new Footstool24. At least you used to keep it more objective than that ridiculous assclown. Bonds wasnt singled out because of his color. He was in the spotlight because of the record he was breaking, nothing more.
This is an exact quote from my post.

"I'm not about to say it was because of race"