The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default Karl dismayed at length of Garnett's suspension for throwing punch

just doesnt make sense

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...297436,00.html

Karl dismayed at length of Garnett's suspension for throwing punch

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
January 22, 2007
Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith combined to get 25 games. Kevin Garnett got one.
To George Karl, the math didnít add up.

The Nuggets coach questioned the NBA for suspending Garnett, the Minnesota star, for one game for a punch that didnít connect. Meanwhile, Anthony was suspended for 15 Nuggets games for throwing a punch that connected in a Dec. 16 brawl and teammate Smith 10 games for his role in the brawl.

"I just thought it was kind of unique that everything that J.R. and Melo were blamed for, Kevin Garnett did in the same incident," Karl said. "He escalated a fight, he threw a punch, he threw a ball, and gets one game. As where J.R., I didnít think threw any punches (on replay it appears he threw one that connected). He got abused. He might have escalated the fight.

"I think itís kind of unique, the interpretation. I know itís a hard job, but it doesnít feel like it was a fair evaluation, especially a competitor for the division in a playoff situation."

Garnett, whose Timberwolves are battling the Nuggets in the Northwest Division, was ejected with 5:18 left in last Fridayís game against Detroit after he threw a ball and a punch at Detroitís Antonio McDyess. In announcing the suspension, which Garnett served Sunday at Phoenix, the NBA made no mention of the thrown ball.

"Obviously, if you land it, itís 14 (more) games," Karl said. "Throwing one is one, and hitting one is 14 (more). Right now, thatís the equation I read. Iím just a simple guy. I couldnít pass calculus."
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Those are pretty much my thoughts on the Garnett suspension. Does not make any sense what so ever. Carmelo is made an example of and Garnett is slppped on the wrist.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote