The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Stephen A. Smith.....Moron!

Did anyone else catch his crap about the brawl? First he says Carmelo should've gotten at least 20 games and THEN he says George Karl had it in for Isiah because of the whole Larry Brown thing. As they said in the Denver Post today, anyone who believes that must still be looking for Ron and Nicole's killer! Oh, and let's not forget that he thinks you have to be a professional lip reader to se that Isiah made a threat about going into the middle. Remember, Thomas was on that team of thugs in the Motor City
ABA6776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

He also just backpeddled his way out of dissing the trade rumors earlier this week. He said Carmelo and AI would be a bad fit. Today he said that this will be a good match. He also said that it was between the Clippers and Miami for Allen Iverson. So in summation Stephen A Smith is moron.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Smith is one of the most overrated sport talking heads in the business today. You can't believe a word he says - he follows the crowd.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I really liked his take on the trade today. Somebody asks him if AI will help the nuggets win a championship. He says no, because Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio play in the West.

I agree that one of those teams probably win it, but by Steven A's logic, I guess you shouldn't be making moves or trying to improve at all, because Dallas, Phoenix, and SA have it already.

And the thing is this -- If you want to make the argument that AI won't fit, or egos will collide, or something like that, that is fine. But saying that the move doesn't help at all simply because of the other teams in the conference is stupid. I guess the rest of the West should just give up and go home.

It was probably the most asinine thing I've ever heard.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I really liked his take on the trade today. Somebody asks him if AI will help the nuggets win a championship. He says no, because Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio play in the West.

I agree that one of those teams probably win it, but by Steven A's logic, I guess you shouldn't be making moves or trying to improve at all, because Dallas, Phoenix, and SA have it already.

And the thing is this -- If you want to make the argument that AI won't fit, or egos will collide, or something like that, that is fine. But saying that the move doesn't help at all simply because of the other teams in the conference is stupid. I guess the rest of the West should just give up and go home.

It was probably the most asinine thing I've ever heard.
Well he might have been really insightful by meaning to trade for young talent, expiring contracts, and draft picks and wait out the current elite teams as TD, Nash, and Nowitzki start winding down and Melo (among others) start hitting their prime...

But I doubt it, and he was actually just being a loudmouth.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post
Well he might have been really insightful by meaning to trade for young talent, expiring contracts, and draft picks and wait out the current elite teams as TD, Nash, and Nowitzki start winding down and Melo (among others) start hitting their prime...

Perhaps. I hadn't thought of that. If that was his point, I wish he would have said it. All he said was "Last time I checked, Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix play in the West. This doesn't help the Nuggets at all."
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Perhaps. I hadn't thought of that. If that was his point, I wish he would have said it. All he said was "Last time I checked, Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix play in the West. This doesn't help the Nuggets at all."
Oh...I doubt that was his actual intent, just like to play devil's advocate every once in a while.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post

I hear ya, but the recipe for championships over the last 10 years has been a mixture of veteran stars and young, burgeoning stars (and as good as Melo is right now, he's still burgeoning).
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote