The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Poll: Does the Orange Mane need a video forum?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Does the Orange Mane need a video forum?

Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Default Does the Orange Mane need a video forum?

Off topic video should all be in one place. I enjoy them as much as anyone but there seems to be more and more video posts. (more than once)
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueOne
Off topic video should all be in one place. I enjoy them as much as anyone but there seems to be more and more video posts. (more than once)
See what happens when someone waits until they have 100 posts to start a thread? They come up with a darn good idea. I'd love to see a forum for that. I guess Off Topics is there, but it would be cool to have a forum entitled something to the effect of "Weird Internet Stuff". I bet it would be one of the most populated forums on the Mane.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #3
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

It's the offseason. Once August and September hits, those "off topic videos" will be shipped to their proper place...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

When all there is to talk about is Jake kicking hubcaps, anything goes. We will get down to brass tacks soon enough. There isn't much to talk about other than hubcaps and Cutler's back foot release.

Right now, if Darrius Watts has his dog neutered it would make the board. The draft is over, It's the dead zone.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:08 AM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Well it's offseason mode so you're alowed three OT-posts a day. That includes video clip posts.

There has been a ton of video clip spam lately, though. (personally, I think too much.) Honestly I think it's just a fluke because most of the posts have just been in the most recent week. If it keeps over-saturating the forum, it might be a good idea to sepperate them into their own section.

I'm just reminded of a Slap post where he made a sarcastic comment about one of the threads on the main forum no belonging because it was actually about football.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore
I'm just reminded of a Slap post where he made a sarcastic comment about one of the threads on the main forum no belonging because it was actually about football.
I was defending some guy who was getting jammed on for posting a thread that was football related. At this point of the year, I really don't care what people post on the main board. Any football/sports threads worth their salt will stay on Page One due to genuine interest from hardcore fans starved for news. Otherwise, I would say a video clip of a 500 pound guy doing the Mashed Potato in biker shorts has roughly equal merit to posts about cars, movies, music or anything else.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:57 AM   #7
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

People just need to use their better judgement and realize that every video clip they come across that's slightly amusing/entertaining/interesting doesn't necessarily deserve it's own thread.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #8
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
People just need to use their better judgement and realize that every video clip they come across that's slightly amusing/entertaining/interesting doesn't necessarily deserve it's own thread.
Agree. I'd much rather see an "offical video clip" thread getting bumped and added onto myself.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:43 AM   #9
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Watch it, I will make a Danika Patrick thread...it's more about YouTube than anything. Mods can move a thread anytime they choose and I never complain. Stop being a girly man.

Now this one is SERIOUS spam:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0&q=Girlie+man
Old 05-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #10
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju...pid&p=22&y=304

This is on topic.

The conversations between Jakes Honda and the Claw are also amusing.

Last edited by watermock; 05-27-2006 at 04:23 AM..
Old 05-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #11
clean
Dazed And Frantic

I think the Off Topics forum should be a year-round requirement for non-football topics. Posters who suffer from random firing of neurons could post a link to every video they see and not clutter the main forum. Also, this scenario would help the Off Topics forum to generate more activity during the regular season. Finally, the Mane needs a three strike policy for posters who add off topics to the main board during the regular season.

Last edited by clean; 05-27-2006 at 06:35 AM..
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
I think the Off Topics forum should be a year-round requirement for non-football topics. Posters who suffer from random firing of neurons could post a link to every video they see and not clutter the main forum. Also, this scenario would help the Off Topics forum to generate more activity during the regular season. Finally, the Mane needs a three strike policy for posters who add off topics to the main board during the regular season.
Well that's very interesting since you are wired like a Robot.

Last edited by watermock; 05-27-2006 at 11:05 AM..
Old 05-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #13
youcandoit1687
homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Myers

why not add the football video forum to the football area along with the nfl draft forum and put random vids in off topic.
youcandoit1687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #14
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

WE have an Off Topic forum, no need for another one just so it can say, "videos"
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #15
youcandoit1687
homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21
WE have an Off Topic forum, no need for another one just so it can say, "videos"
dunno like in the jibba jabba section or just dump all this extra crap in off topic, i dont care as long as its not here
youcandoit1687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #16
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

For Mock

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=514
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I've actually been considering something like this... Notably, a torrent forum that could be used for sharing torrents. I'm still considering the legality of it, however. So far, the feedback I've gotten on such a thing is that so long as The Orange Mane isn't hosting any thing but Torrent URLs, we're on safe ground.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
I've actually been considering something like this... Notably, a torrent forum that could be used for sharing torrents. I'm still considering the legality of it, however. So far, the feedback I've gotten on such a thing is that so long as The Orange Mane isn't hosting any thing but Torrent URLs, we're on safe ground.
Regarding torrents and posting links to videos, that's how I understand it as well (and how Piratebay, Isohunt, Mininova etc. stay in business).

You can even host the torrent files here. As long as you are just hosting torrent files and not acting as a tracker, then you're in the clear.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote