The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Front page hacked...

Well dang... Looks like some islamic hacker group has decided to target us. They found a vulnerability in the Mambo software and disrupted quite a bit of stuff. They apparently don't have ability to mess with the forum stuff, so we seem to be good there... Just need to fix the front page.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

My avatar was the reason I bet
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
My avatar was the reason I bet


Nah... They find their targets through Google.

Apparently, they target countries that support the war in Iraq as well as deal favorably with Danish governments. Just some kids with computers doing what kids with computers do and trying to attach cultural meaning to it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Well dang... Looks like some islamic hacker group has decided to target us. They found a vulnerability in the Mambo software and disrupted quite a bit of stuff. They apparently don't have ability to mess with the forum stuff, so we seem to be good there... Just need to fix the front page.
I hope that you're being sarcastic.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Odysseus
Fan of the home team
 
Odysseus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durango, Colorado
Posts: 11,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default

You guys think the bad guys are a just myth huh? Surprise.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger
You guys think the bad guys are a just myth huh? Surprise.
Nah...they're real alright, and I would love to see some intestinal fortitude over here.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
Odysseus
Fan of the home team
 
Odysseus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durango, Colorado
Posts: 11,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default

I am very disappointed that we are not legally allowed aggressive counter measures. I would love to see some kid explain how his information was seized and forwarded for investigation. (This is the nice version)

If the NSA paid me to hunt down bad guys online I would do it for nothing.

It's probably a regular playing survivor games again. Go figure.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

I say we loot and burn and rape!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger
I am very disappointed that we are not legally allowed aggressive counter measures. I would love to see some kid explain how his information was seized and forwarded for investigation. (This is the nice version)

If the NSA paid me to hunt down bad guys online I would do it for nothing.

It's probably a regular playing survivor games again. Go figure.
Well I think under some new laws that are being implemented tougher penalties may be in order.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

If you are late if only by a day twice...they take those 0% rates off the table and bump it to 18, 21, 24 or even 29%.

You can thank Carter for pushing the prime rate over 21%, over the usury limits makiing CC companies unable to issue cards without going broke. So what happens, greedy states wanting extra tax money repealed the usury law, so now we have outrageous antics. Notice on your next bill...it will be sent to either Sioux Falls or Vermont.

The governor of S.D. has commented how good it's been for the state. What a collosal ripoff.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #11
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
If you are late if only by a day twice...they take those 0% rates off the table and bump it to 18, 21, 24 or even 29%.

You can thank Carter for pushing the prime rate over 21%, over the usury limits makiing CC companies unable to issue cards without going broke. So what happens, greedy states wanting extra tax money repealed the usury law, so now we have outrageous antics. Notice on your next bill...it will be sent to either Sioux Falls or Vermont.

The governor of S.D. has commented how good it's been for the state. What a collosal ripoff.
WTF?
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
WTF?

I concur...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I concur...
He's drinking in the middle of the afternoon again
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
He's drinking in the middle of the afternoon again
Again? I'm impressed. Drinking in the afternoon means he started later than normal.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
If you are late if only by a day twice...they take those 0% rates off the table and bump it to 18, 21, 24 or even 29%.

You can thank Carter for pushing the prime rate over 21%, over the usury limits makiing CC companies unable to issue cards without going broke. So what happens, greedy states wanting extra tax money repealed the usury law, so now we have outrageous antics. Notice on your next bill...it will be sent to either Sioux Falls or Vermont.

The governor of S.D. has commented how good it's been for the state. What a collosal ripoff.
what the hell does this have to do with this thread?

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #16
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,042
Default

and i bet 90% of the people in the politics forum will support what happened to the main page.

Last edited by El Guapo; 03-27-2006 at 03:44 PM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 54,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7
and i bet 90% of the people in the politics forum will support what happened to the main page.


It's because of statements like this one that no one takes you and the rest of the 34% seriously anymore.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #18
Needa Pass Rush
Never say Always
 
Needa Pass Rush's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN


It's because of statements like this one that no one takes you and the rest of the 34% seriously anymore.
The Mane's freedom fighter has found the main forum..... we really have been hacked!
Needa Pass Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
and i bet 90% of the people in the politics forum will support what happened to the main page.
What a jerk.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #20
12th man
Ring of Famer
 
12th man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trinidad Colorado
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
If you are late if only by a day twice...they take those 0% rates off the table and bump it to 18, 21, 24 or even 29%.

You can thank Carter for pushing the prime rate over 21%, over the usury limits makiing CC companies unable to issue cards without going broke. So what happens, greedy states wanting extra tax money repealed the usury law, so now we have outrageous antics. Notice on your next bill...it will be sent to either Sioux Falls or Vermont.

The governor of S.D. has commented how good it's been for the state. What a collosal ripoff.
I have no Idea what this is or what it has to do with this topic. but I laughed my a$$ off after I read it. good stuff.
12th man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Well dang... Looks like some islamic hacker group has decided to target us.
Odd behavior for such a peaceful religion.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
Odd behavior for such a peaceful religion.


I don't put too much stock in it being an islamic group. We have hacker groups of all stripes and colors around the world, and especially in the US. It could have just as easily been another hacker group exploiting a vulnerability in the software.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #23
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,001

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

I'm thinking they hacked Mocks account

I dont understand this whole internet gig but if somehow it was an inside gig TJ contact me I know exactly who on this very board would have done this. No joke one of our very own is pretty pissed about some of the political views in the political forum. By 'pretty pissed" I mean one mad mo fo.....
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #24
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod
I'm thinking they hacked Mocks account

I dont understand this whole internet gig but if somehow it was an inside gig TJ contact me I know exactly who on this very board would have done this. No joke one of our very own is pretty pissed about some of the political views in the political forum. By 'pretty pissed" I mean one mad mo fo.....
Now that's the America I know and love.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #25
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,001

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Now that's the America I know and love.....
Na in America we would not attack a website we would just sue someone and hope to get a jury of morons to make us rich.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Denver Broncos