The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Brown to sign w/ Denver

Mar. 23 - Sources tell the Washington Times that Brown could announce Wednesday which team to sign with, and the Washington Post reports the Denver Broncos have told others in the league Brown will choose them.

Brown completed a visit to Seattle on Tuesday and was in Jacksonville on Monday. He previously had met with the Redskins and Broncos before widening his search, reportedly after being disappointed in those teams' incentive-laden offers.

Brown was released by Cleveland after refusing to take a pay cut, but the Browns still are interested in bringing him back if he'll accept a lower salary.

This was reported from ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/r...CMP=ILC-INHEAD
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

i think we are still jumping the gun a little bit. Not official yet, same as with the Garcia situation. I want to see Courtney say it himself before i start on the "Ohhh TrINT, meet your new friend" thread.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I want to see Courtney say it himself before i start on the "Ohhh TrINT, meet your new friend" thread.
I think that's one friend Trent would like to have. He won't have to worry about the pass rush from that side.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc
Mar. 23 - Sources tell the Washington Times that Brown could announce Wednesday which team to sign with, and the Washington Post reports the Denver Broncos have told others in the league Brown will choose them.

Brown completed a visit to Seattle on Tuesday and was in Jacksonville on Monday. He previously had met with the Redskins and Broncos before widening his search, reportedly after being disappointed in those teams' incentive-laden offers.

Brown was released by Cleveland after refusing to take a pay cut, but the Browns still are interested in bringing him back if he'll accept a lower salary.

This was reported from ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/r...CMP=ILC-INHEAD
As long as there is a gigantic signing bonus and ludacris contract involved this is a good thing
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain
As long as there is a gigantic signing bonus and ludacris contract involved this is a good thing
Shanny said in the DPO the contract they offered him was heavily tied to playing time, so we seem to be insured.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Shanny said in the DPO the contract they offered him was heavily tied to playing time, so we seem to be insured.
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to contribute some sarcasm and beat all the chicken little to the punch. Some one will probably take me serious though.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to contribute some sarcasm and beat all the chicken little to the punch. Some one will probably take me serious though.

You all know he failed his physical before the Brownies released him right. And he has missed huge potions of playing time. Great we did not over pay for a guy who cant pass a team physical. Sounds like the "Plan" is coming along really nicely
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
You all know he failed his physical before the Brownies released him right. And he has missed huge potions of playing time. Great we did not over pay for a guy who cant pass a team physical. Sounds like the "Plan" is coming along really nicely
You know that Cleveland was on record as saying they wanted Brown back...albeit at a reduced price, right?

The word 'Plan' has become the flavaclown word of the month'. It should be stricken from the Mane lexicon.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

"Ludacris was unavailable for comment..."

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #10
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
"Ludacris was unavailable for comment..."

Luda!!

I still think it's too close to call. Visiting the Seahawks and the Jag's was unexpected. We have seen players sign this off-season with teams that looked like they were out of the running.

I still have mixed feeling with this guy. I'd hate to see Denver lose another DE option, but this guy has health issues. It's a damn if he doesn't damn if he does type situation.

Still it would be better then signing a TE.........
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #11
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV07
Luda!!

I still think it's too close to call. Visiting the Seahawks and the Jag's was unexpected. We have seen players sign this off-season with teams that looked like they were out of the running.

I still have mixed feeling with this guy. I'd hate to see Denver lose another DE option, but this guy has health issues. It's a damn if he doesn't damn if he does type situation.

Still it would be better then signing a TE.........
yeah but if the contract is indeed incentive laden, then it shouldnt be much of a cap hit and it should not cost us too much
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroncos31
yeah but if the contract is indeed incentive laden, then it shouldnt be much of a cap hit and it should not cost us too much
Even so, we need a backup plan if we get Brown. We cannot count on him staying healthy all year.

SSJ
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #13
delany
Uber Bronco

I was getting used to them being a bridesmaid this year.

Talk about a boom or bust year....

There will be a ton of IFs this year.

IF Brown stays healthy....IF Warren picks it up significatly on a down by down basis.....IF Bell continues to improve....

If Denver hits on at least two out of the above three.....I predict they will win a playoff game this year.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #14
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Well I know we all are excited to finally receive some news about this. Jumping the gun yes, but from a source no-doubt. I excited about the talent that Brown and Warren could bring to the table as long as they can produce and stay healthy. I think we should definately keep Trevor Pryce and this line is in way better shape then it was last season. And that is before the draft has even taken place. I would love to add Douglas to the mix as well.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #15
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc
Well I know we all are excited to finally receive some news about this. Jumping the gun yes, but from a source no-doubt. I excited about the talent that Brown and Warren could bring to the table as long as they can produce and stay healthy. I think we should definately keep Trevor Pryce and this line is in way better shape then it was last season. And that is before the draft has even taken place. I would love to add Douglas to the mix as well.
i agree Chris. Just keep Trevor. If he is still the Old Trevor and we still want to move him next year, than we will definitely get good compensation as the injury issue will be gone. If not, we can just keep him and let him produce. If we can stay healthy on the line we can be pretty good there. I like the Warren deal. Patterson said he really picked it up at the end of the year and he even turned over his line calls to him resulting in i think 6 sacks for the line over the last two games or something like that. Brown is a good talent if he stays healthy and Shanny said our contract is heavily tied to Courtney's actual playing time so we are insured. Trevor and Courtney on the outside, if healthy is very good. If we can resign Ellis Johnson and match him with Warren inside, id say thats pretty good as well. We already have Luther coming back. All we need from Luther is to be effective in the rotation. We know he has health concerns but all we are asking for is just to be in a rotation.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #16
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
i agree Chris. Just keep Trevor. If he is still the Old Trevor and we still want to move him next year, than we will definitely get good compensation as the injury issue will be gone. If not, we can just keep him and let him produce. If we can stay healthy on the line we can be pretty good there. I like the Warren deal. Patterson said he really picked it up at the end of the year and he even turned over his line calls to him resulting in i think 6 sacks for the line over the last two games or something like that. Brown is a good talent if he stays healthy and Shanny said our contract is heavily tied to Courtney's actual playing time so we are insured. Trevor and Courtney on the outside, if healthy is very good. If we can resign Ellis Johnson and match him with Warren inside, id say thats pretty good as well. We already have Luther coming back. All we need from Luther is to be effective in the rotation. We know he has health concerns but all we are asking for is just to be in a rotation.

Still Socal, there are 6 Million reasons he shouldn't be on the squad. 6 cap choking, holding them back from signing any solid free agents, Million dollars.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:34 PM   #17
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc

Where has Cleveland been drafting with Warren and Brown 3-10 range?
If we sign Brown its cool but, I wanted to point out reality . I think this is a 1 yr rental warren is a FA next yr.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #18
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO
Where has Cleveland been drafting with Warren and Brown 3-10 range?
If we sign Brown its cool but, I wanted to point out reality . I think this is a 1 yr rental warren is a FA next yr.
Maybe you are right. Then again, I've never seen Cleveland with much structure both in coaching or front office wise to really help these guys out. Some things I think that will help them reach their potential? A professional atmosphere, complimenting talent (Lynch, Bailey, Wilson, Gold, DJ, Pryce?) Cleveland has never had that, and a system that lately has always seemed to be in the top ten in overall defense. Plus with Brown he'll benefit from the fact that our practices will be very low impact on him and his body. Works out nice for vets with injury problems.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #19
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

You know this type of thing could just very well piss Brown off enough not to sign with us. He wants his moment in glory and if we take it from him he just may change his mind if this is correct.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #20
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Definitely tie in the Douglas signing with this. You just can't count on Brown's health however if he is healthy he could be a monsterous pick up for us. Like I said before, when I've seen him and he is healthy, he has freakish athletic ability. That is something we've never really had here in Denver except during Neil Smith's final few years.

Low risk, high reward. Land Douglas, Brown, pair with Pryce, Warren, Ellis, Davis, Pope, and Fatefehi and we'll have a very deep front line. I like the additions we could have to this team. As always, definitely not a boring offseason for Bronco fans. If something doesn't work, we just tore it up and we'll try it a new way.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #21
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Courtney Brown will look great for about 4 games and then he will get hurt.

He and Luther Elliss will look pretty good standing on the sideline in street clothes.

SSJ
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:38 PM   #22
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I'm not going to jump the gun cuz we saw what happened w/ CC reneging on his commitment to the Ravens and coming back.

But even if we get Brown, we have to have good backups to him and Warren in case one gets injured and the other implodes. On DT, Fatefehi, Pope are solid, but what about end?
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #23
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

If we give him enough 'roids, he can make it 16 games!!!
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #24
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
If we give him enough 'roids, he can make it 16 games!!!

Someone get Romo on the phone!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #25
wabbit
Ring of Famer

I too have heard that Brown is leaning toward Denver, but Heav, in an earlier post has it right...still too soon after visits to Seattle & jacksonville.

The Wash Post story is somewhat out of context, but not because of anyone here. It seems Browns agent told someone in the media that his client favors Denver over Washington...Seattle, nor jacksonville was brought into the discussion.

Soooo, assuming the Seachickens nor Jacksonville make an offer he can't refuse...Denver looks like 'the winner'

Brown has made it no secret he favors a system that employs a heavy rotation system...Shanahan has also promised limited reps in mini & training camps

Looks like we have our...wounded warrior...for all sense & purpose anyway
wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote