The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Obama threw 20 billion extra to the VA, no results.

Once again our govt proves that money does not equal results in DC. Obama after vowing during his run for President that under an Obama admin vets would not be forgotten or not cared for like under Bush.

He comes into office and threw 20 billion extra at them to make it so. Then I guess he never gave it a thought again as the money did nothing to fix the problems.

Just another example of how liberals think just spending more money fixes everything.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Yes, thank goodness conservative administrations never spend any money, and when they do everything gets fixed...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yes, thank goodness conservative administrations never spend any money, and when they do everything gets fixed...
A vast, unaccountable bureaucracy sweeping gross negligence under the rug... while nobody will be held truly accountable.

Seems right in line with the Conservative message. Regardless of how much individual success they might (or might not) have in convincing the Leviathan to change his ways.

Your government doesn't care any more about you than Exxon does. Any 'fixing' needs to be grounded in this reality first.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Just another example of Obama not pulling off what he said he would. At the very least.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

premature cheerleading as always from cut. can you honestly tell us that that money did nothing to help the vets?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I have no idea what the money did to be honest. I just know men and women dying while on waiting lists, then it being covered up and lied about on a widespread scale sounds pretty bad.

I get it though not Obama's fault because Bush was so bad. You all don't need to tell me I know the drill.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's just one failure after another with this trainwreck of an administration. The thought our next President will come from this joke is scary.

Biden or Hilliary? seriously?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We should just gamble our debt on a game of roulette.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In other news:

Cutlet has 20 billion more neurons than a chimp.

No Results.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Awesome!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Look at that no defense of Obama. Just left with personal attacks lol. Friggin progressives are out of steam. Wait until the midterms baby politics is going to get fun.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Look at that no defense of Obama. Just left with personal attacks lol. Friggin progressives are out of steam. Wait until the midterms baby politics is going to get fun.
Create a post with zero substance, get replies with zero substance. It's not hard to figure out cutlet.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's just more of Obama pointing fingers at everyone but himself. Worst leader in history.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Once again our govt proves that money does not equal results in DC. Obama after vowing during his run for President that under an Obama admin vets would not be forgotten or not cared for like under Bush.

He comes into office and threw 20 billion extra at them to make it so. Then I guess he never gave it a thought again as the money did nothing to fix the problems.

Just another example of how liberals think just spending more money fixes everything.
I guess the only answer is for you Republicans to stop taking us into unpaid, unwarranted wars. Once again Obama gets flack for Bush's **** ups. The VA system is overwhelmed because of 10 years of wars; soldiers doing 5-8 different tours. That is just as criminal as not getting them the help they need when they come home.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No substance? You're right Fed vets dying on waiting lists is a non substance issue to progressives. They would rather talk about what the sea level will be in 200 yrs.

Meanwhile no matter how you spin it another failure for Obama. He said he would fix the VA then never checked up on crap. No accountability in this administration at any level.

Not Bushs fault.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
No substance? You're right Fed vets dying on waiting lists is a non substance issue to progressives. They would rather talk about what the sea level will be in 200 yrs.

Meanwhile no matter how you spin it another failure for Obama. He said he would fix the VA then never checked up on crap. No accountability in this administration at any level.

Not Bushs fault.
Both are at fault and neither is to blame. This VA crap has been going on forever. My experience with the VA with my ex was unbelievable. I removed him from the VA hospital as the conditions and treatments were something out of a horror movie. Because of that I was told they would not allow him to get treatments he needed. I told them like I would EVER bring him back for anything from them. He had been there for 10 days after being transferred from the ICU at another hospital. He had not improved at all and after just 2 weeks at home, with his family taking care of him, he was almost back to normal.

With each new President I listen to see what improvements they might make and it all sounds promising but they let it all go. They need to start with internal controls and first improve the conditions and people who work at the hospitals. Let's spend money there for the guys that sacrificed.

Cut, you need to come up with something better to bash/blame Obama. The crap you are coming up with shows a lack of awareness and just a topic for you to jump on and look clueless. And I'm not just talking about this one.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Both are at fault and neither is to blame. This VA crap has been going on forever. My experience with the VA with my ex was unbelievable. I removed him from the VA hospital as the conditions and treatments were something out of a horror movie. Because of that I was told they would not allow him to get treatments he needed. I told them like I would EVER bring him back for anything from them. He had been there for 10 days after being transferred from the ICU at another hospital. He had not improved at all and after just 2 weeks at home, with his family taking care of him, he was almost back to normal.

With each new President I listen to see what improvements they might make and it all sounds promising but they let it all go. They need to start with internal controls and first improve the conditions and people who work at the hospitals. Let's spend money there for the guys that sacrificed.

Cut, you need to come up with something better to bash/blame Obama. The crap you are coming up with shows a lack of awareness and just a topic for you to jump on and look clueless. And I'm not just talking about this one.

Yep, you can tell none of these folks have ever dealt with the VA as a patient or as a family member of a patient.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

VA needs to be disbanded and converted into a health guarantor instead of a provider.

As to the rest, modern progressives have a long and storied history of telling us how great VA Healthcare was. It can't all just get swept down the memory hole now.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #19
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
VA needs to be disbanded and converted into a health guarantor instead of a provider.

As to the rest, modern progressives have a long and storied history of telling us how great VA Healthcare was. It can't all just get swept down the memory hole now.
I say provide vets with 100% subsidized private insurance (the "Platinum Plan") that they can spend at the VA or any hospital they want. Watch how fast the VA shapes up when they have to compete with other hospitals.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 05-27-2014 at 11:32 PM..
The Lone Bolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

trying to say hey it was too much war that caused the VA to lie, fake records, and cover up the fact they are letting men and women die on waiting lists is a joke.

You can blame the wait on too many patients but not the behavior. Throw in Obama said personally in the election he would make the VA and troop care a top priority and this is another huge Obama failure. He had 6 yrs to fix it and 20 billion dollars.

Also some of the problem is Vietnam era men reaching an age they need a lot of care. Not exactly Bushs fault either.

Still though 20 billion extra dollars and it got worst.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The liberals and democrats care so much about our troops though. They would just rather say it than show it is all.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #22
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The liberals and democrats care so much about our troops though. They would just rather say it than show it is all.

Republican actions speak louder than words.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

what was the name of that bill?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #24
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
what was the name of that bill?
There were two bills. I don't know the name of them.

Here is the bill that was just defeated.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...-veterans-bill

Here is the bill the GOP defeated in 2012.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/09/20
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
There were two bills. I don't know the name of them.

Here is the bill that was just defeated.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...-veterans-bill

Here is the bill the GOP defeated in 2012.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/09/20
From your link Commondreams...

"A large number of economists and independent analysts have confirmed that worker programs such as this would be a boon to the lagging economy — though most urge initiatives on a much larger scale that would focus on putting the entire idle workforce, not just struggling veterans, back to work."

I must ask, how did the job creation work out when Obama threw billions of dollars on "Shovel ready jobs"? I would be concerned too.

"Jeff Sessions, the Senate Budget Committee ranking member, said he objected to the bill on the grounds it would increase the veterans affairs department budget and would blow though the spending cap lawmakers agreed last year....

Democrats argue the bills costs are already covered by plans to collect more than half a billion in unpaid taxes over the next five years, according to the Washington Examiner."

Collecting taxes is not a guarantee and that it would go to this program as we have many more programs that are or need to be paid by the government. 2nd, the $20 billion spent on VA increased the VA budget as Jeff Sessions was afraid it would do. While getting the VA to a more positive outlook, the money didn't seem to help with a glaring problem of death in these hospitals or at least care. $20 billion is a lot of money and should have been able to hire many more doctors/nurses for each hospital and get updated equipment. Was there some improvement? Maybe but that $ amount shows how bad either this administration is operating the VA or it has been a huge problem no matter who has been president.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 05-27-2014 at 01:34 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote