The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default ONE DAY TO GO -- NFL DRAFT RUMORS

Hello.

Just thought we should have a thread dedicated to rumors, whether they are Broncos related or not in regards to the draft. There was an excellent chat with former scout Dave Thomas on CHI's Scout.com page. I have provided some of the information in those chats here regarding team interest in players, trades, etc.

4/22/2014 -- Via Scout.com
  • The Chicago Bears are desperately hoping Aaron Donald (DT) is there when they select in the first round. They also happen to like Vanderbilt (S) Kenny Ladler Raijon Neal (RB) is a late-round sleeper for them.
  • The Vikings are more likely to take a defender than a QB in round one. Dennard (CB) could be tops on their board. According to Dave Thomas, Dennard is only one of 3 CB's in history to allow ~ less than 1 yard per pass attempt -- joining Jim Marsallis and Deion Sanders. Best DB prospect in Thomas eyes (or exciting) since Brian Dawkins. The Vikings also are interested in Bitonio and Swanson as OL prospects, and really love Brandon Linder -- as do the Packers.
  • Pittsburgh is infatuated with two players, Dennard (CB) and Beckham, Jr. (WR) -- Dennard is working out with Ike Taylor, and Beckham, Jr. reminds them of Randel El's play ability and versatility, but with Hines Ward's toughness. Expect Beckham to be their guy.
  • Michael Schofield could go a lot higher than people might think, viewed as one of the best, if not best RT in the whole draft.
  • Deone Bucannon to the Patriots at the end of round one is getting high consideration. Team also likes Jordan Matthews and Tom Savage.
  • The New York Jets are high on Keith McGill.
  • Eagles and Chiefs are doing their diligence on Calvin Pryor.
  • Zack Martin a possibility for San Diego.
  • Rashede Hageman is a "flake."
  • Bishop Sankey -- best RB in draft.
  • Redskins like Borland or the OT Koijuano if he falls.
  • Bengals are interested in Verrett.
  • 49ers could make a huge move up, have the picks to do it -- like Beckham, Jr. | Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

Last edited by Requiem; 05-07-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

I can definitely see this. This team badly needs rejuvenation on Defense and if that is Clowney or Mack that would improve them greatly.

and, wtf??

Rashede Hageman is a "flake."

say it aint sooooooo. This is the first I have heard of this. Of course I am partial to the man
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
and, wtf??

Rashede Hageman is a "flake."

say it aint sooooooo. This is the first I have heard of this. Of course I am partial to the man
Hageman's story is quite the personal battle. I've read numerous articles where people question his character and his ability to mentally handle it in the NFL. He has had a really checkered past.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hageman's story is quite the personal battle. I've read numerous articles where people question his character and his ability to mentally handle it in the NFL. He has had a really checkered past.
Ya, he is a foster kid, but was adopted into a white family. Definitely has anger issues that could cause problems.

But he has grown a lot and WANTED to finish school. I was very impressed with this and shows his colors and how he has grown.

Although he does say he is a thug on the inside (and does so consistently) sooooo maybe with the money comes mo problems.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Atlanta likely to try and get #2.

I can definitely see this. This team badly needs rejuvenation on Defense and if that is Clowney or Mack that would improve them greatly.

Atl has too many holes to trade up imo.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Well you have to think that if he did have his head on straight and was fully committed to football he'd have dominated much more consistently.

'Flake' is a strange word to choose, though.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think Atlanta and Detroit both want whichever falls to #2 of Clowney and Mack. Could have a situation where both Houston and St. Louis trade down depending on asking price. If they just want a 2nd round this year and a 3rd next year along with swapping 1sts, it probably gets done. If Clowney and Mack are gone by #3, I have no idea if Jacksonville will take Watkins or Robinson/Matthews.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I think Atlanta and Detroit both want whichever falls to #2 of Clowney and Mack. Could have a situation where both Houston and St. Louis trade down depending on asking price. If they just want a 2nd round this year and a 3rd next year along with swapping 1sts, it probably gets done. If Clowney and Mack are gone by #3, I have no idea if Jacksonville will take Watkins or Robinson/Matthews.
Agreed, J ville is such a wild card. I could see them taking a literally ANYONE they view as the BPA, or a QB.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Agreed, J ville is such a wild card. I could see them taking a literally ANYONE they view as the BPA, or a QB.
Redraft Blaine Gabbert.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Redraft Blaine Gabbert.
Give their first to SF for his rights back....
Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

pretty fun seeing my 7th rounder attached with the words really love next to the Packers and Vikings. wish the draft was just here now....
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Damn it I want to see Dennard in a Broncos jersey
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

When I finally got around to watching Dennard last week, I was amazed. He's like a slightly slower version of Revis. Some of the best ability to stay in the WR's hip pocket and strip the ball a it arrives, that I've ever seen.

Champ, in his prime, was better...but Dennard looks like the real deal.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Damn it I want to see Dennard in a Broncos jersey
Me, too.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

walterfootball.com

NFC Executive: Teddy Bridgewater is a "Fourth-Round Guy"

Updated April 18, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
walterfootball.com

NFC Executive: Teddy Bridgewater is a "Fourth-Round Guy"

Updated April 18, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick.
I take anything Walter Football says with a grain of salts.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I take anything Walter Football says with a grain of salts.
He talks about the Broncos as if they gave him a wedgie and stole his lunch money.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
He talks about the Broncos as if they gave him a wedgie and stole his lunch money.
Maybe John Elway sh-t in his Cheerios?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Well he deserved it.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #20
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Things are pickin' up.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #21
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #22
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

Queue multiple look-ins on Bridgewater looking first hopeful, then perplexed, then stressed, then pissed off, and finally dejected.

He very well could be this years Geno Smith.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Queue multiple look-ins on Bridgewater looking first hopeful, then perplexed, then stressed, then pissed off, and finally dejected.

He very well could be this years Geno Smith.
The thing that will be really bad is if the rumors of teams seeing him as a 3rd-4th round pick are true and he is there on day 3
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
The thing that will be really bad is if the rumors of teams seeing him as a 3rd-4th round pick are true and he is there on day 3
No way he lasts to the fourth. People will perceive value and jump late in round 2 and blow a pick on a 4th round talent. It's the QB desperation mentality.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 AM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
No way he lasts to the fourth. People will perceive value and jump late in round 2 and blow a pick on a 4th round talent. It's the QB desperation mentality.
True. Just the evil instigator side of me that would love to see that happen. I remember the Brady Quinn draft just laughing my ass off as pick after pick happened and he got sadder and sadder. After pick 10 some friends and I turned his pain into a drinking game. Every time ESPN panned to him waiting to be picked we would do a shot. The first one of us to drop didn't make it out of the teens they showed him so much. Needless to say the game ended before he was selected.

Plus side of the drinking game, I was so hammered by the time we were on the clock I was incapable of even realizing we had **** away our pick on Jarvis Moss until the next day.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: