The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default Kevin Costner's new movie "Draft Day' Looks like a steaming pile of SHEET

Going to stay away like the plague from this joke.

I wonder if mCd will find it entertaining and build his post Belly drafts around the moves made in the farce.

Worse than Water World!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 17,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley
Default

Looks awful. Plus it's based on the browns so we already know the end of the story. They pick Tim Couch, blow a bunch of picks and lose their ass on the field.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

They need to lose again in the closing moments and end with everyone getting fired. If that doesn't happen then the movie us bull****.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Return to the Playoffs

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,872
Default

I think I'll prob go watch this movie, despite all this. Kinda like a fat girl at a drunk party. "Ill **** her?"
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I think I'll prob go watch this movie, despite all this. Kinda like a fat girl at a drunk party. "Ill **** her?"
I don't know what's classier.... classifying someone as the "fat girl", or having sex with an intoxicated woman.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Return to the Playoffs

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I don't know what's classier.... classifying someone as the "fat girl", or having sex with an intoxicated woman.
Guess you've never done either? I heard on other threads you got punked so bad you changed your name a few times. It's all making sense now...
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I think I'll prob go watch this movie, despite all this. Kinda like a fat girl at a drunk party. "Ill **** her?"
Yeah, that's where I am. When I first saw the previews, I was thoroughly disgusted. My wife whispered, "Hey, a sports movie. You're loving that, right?"

I was thoroughly offended! The whole movie was a cliche! It was like they saw how Moneyball did, and said, "Hey, football is even more popular than baseball! How could we adapt this? I got it! That salary cap is crazy complicated, right? I heard it was, anyway! Let's do a Billy Beane character. And we'll make it about his relationship with the salary cap guy!" But it's all wrong, because Moneyball was a real thing! The people behind Moneyball were real guys, facing a real problem. This isn't real! Oh my gosh! What a cheap attempt to go after anyone who will watch a movie even loosely related to sports! I'm offended, is what I am!

Wait, when did they say it was coming out?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Return to the Playoffs

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Yeah, that's where I am. When I first saw the previews, I was thoroughly disgusted. My wife whispered, "Hey, a sports movie. You're loving that, right?"

I was thoroughly offended! The whole movie was a cliche! It was like they saw how Moneyball did, and said, "Hey, football is even more popular than baseball! How could we adapt this? I got it! That salary cap is crazy complicated, right? I heard it was, anyway! Let's do a Billy Beane character. And we'll make it about his relationship with the salary cap guy!" But it's all wrong, because Moneyball was a real thing! The people behind Moneyball were real guys, facing a real problem. This isn't real! Oh my gosh! What a cheap attempt to go after anyone who will watch a movie even loosely related to sports! I'm offended, is what I am!

Wait, when did they say it was coming out?
Yep. I've got a few on my list I haven't seen yet, but the football fanatic in me will go watch this within the first few days of it being released. No doubt.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 13,508
Default

The Seahawks have the #1 pick. The Jets were supposed to have it, but they dropped out 4 days before shooting. The NFL felt like they didn't need any more drama, fictional or otherwise.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The Seahawks have the #1 pick. The Jets were supposed to have it, but they dropped out 4 days before shooting. The NFL felt like they didn't need any more drama, fictional or otherwise.
I think Any Given Sunday was a great movie that included some of the business/front office stuff in the NFL.

Draft Day just looks like garbage.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #11
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I think Any Given Sunday was a great movie that included some of the business/front office stuff in the NFL.
.
First time I've heard anyone say "Any Given Sunday" and "Great" in same sentence. While i kinda enjoyed the movie, i thought it was terrible football wise.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42,916

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Lol it's a movie about draft drama starring Kevin Costner. What's not to love! Wtf are you expecting, citizen Kane?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #13
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

I bet it kicks ass.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #14
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 9,890
Default

any kostner film that does not involve a horse (horsehide ) is shyte
even in the clips the acting and dialogue is crap.
don't waste your time, huge pile of poo.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #15
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 10,852
Default

Whaat?

Tin Cup
JFK
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
The Untouchables

He has some awesome flicks.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Whaat?

Tin Cup
JFK
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
The Untouchables

He has some awesome flicks.
Tin Cup is that one movie that when I'm flipping through channels and hit it, I'm done flipping. I've seen that movie about 50 times.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Whaat?

Tin Cup
JFK
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
The Untouchables

He has some awesome flicks.
I thought Tin Cup was unwatchable and turned it off only to have co-workers and my cousin tell me it was one of the greatest movies ever so I made myself watch it again from start to finish and hated it even more.

I don't get the love for Tin Cup.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #18
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 10,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I thought Tin Cup was unwatchable and turned it off only to have co-workers and my cousin tell me it was one of the greatest movies ever so I made myself watch it again from start to finish and hated it even more.

I don't get the love for Tin Cup.
Never seen it myself, but it was critical and financial success...so I'm not going to hate on the guy for it.

I left off Waterworld since it was a financial disaster, but I actually liked the movie.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #19
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Never seen it myself, but it was critical and financial success...so I'm not going to hate on the guy for it.

I left off Waterworld since it was a financial disaster, but I actually liked the movie.
I agree, the media ruined both Waterworld and The Postman. Both were good movies but the critics ruined them before people actually had a chance to watch them.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #20
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I thought Tin Cup was unwatchable and turned it off only to have co-workers and my cousin tell me it was one of the greatest movies ever so I made myself watch it again from start to finish and hated it even more.

I don't get the love for Tin Cup.
Do you play and--more importantly--watch golf?
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #21
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,423
Default

I liked Tin Cup a lot
Then again I used to play golf all the time

That said I don't think this movie will be any good
Looks like a piss pile
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #22
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

lulz, didn't think I'd hear the words Kevin Costner + New Movie again.. last time was the 90's.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:34 AM   #23
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
lulz, didn't think I'd hear the words Kevin Costner + New Movie again.. last time was the 90's.
Guess you haven't been paying attention.

3 days to Kill (2014)
Open Range (2003)
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit (2014)
Mr. Brooks (2007)
Hatfield and McCoys (2012)
Thirteen Days (2000)
The Uposide of Anger (2005)
Rumor Has It (2005)
Dragon FLy (2005)
The NEw Daughter (2009)
Three Miles to Graceland (2001)
The Company of Men (2010)
Swing Vote (2008)


Some great movies there.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #24
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Return to the Playoffs

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Guess you haven't been paying attention.

3 days to Kill (2014)
Open Range (2003)
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit (2014)
Mr. Brooks (2007)
Hatfield and McCoys (2012)
Thirteen Days (2000)
The Uposide of Anger (2005)
Rumor Has It (2005)
Dragon FLy (2005)
The NEw Daughter (2009)
Three Miles to Graceland (2001)
The Company of Men (2010)
Swing Vote (2008)


Some great movies there.
The New Daughter is not one of them. Movie is basically about little monsters that live out in the woods who have sex with his character's daughter and try to make her their queen or something like that. It was really weird.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42,916

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
The New Daughter is not one of them. Movie is basically about little monsters that live out in the woods who have sex with his character's daughter and try to make her their queen or something like that. It was really weird.
i really dug the upside of anger
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Denver Broncos