The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Kubiak collapses on sideline

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...colts/3429381/

Scary week for Bronco and former Bronco coaches. Get well soon Kubes.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh. I get to do this...

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

(Did I do that right? Good.)

In all seriousness, this is old news. However, this thread can be used as an update on Kubes condition. I'm hearing that he will go home, tomorrow...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

In all seriousness, this is old news. However, this thread can be used as an update on Kubes condition. I'm hearing that he will go home, tomorrow...
Nope. Only appropriate if another thread was started with the same info. So since it was just mentioned in a game thread, a new thread for just this is right. I award you no points and you have not prepared your anus.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Nope. Only appropriate if another thread was started with the same info. So since it was just mentioned in a game thread, a new thread for just this is right. I award you no points and you have not prepared your anus.
He should get some bitcoins.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I've been thinking lately about what has made this place lose some popularity (and desirability), over the past few years. This is one of the things.

And, let me say, I have been as guilty of this as anybody. Today, I am publicly repenting.

Starting the occasional duplicate thread is FINE! And, in a case like this, it's not even a duplicate thread!

If a topic is mentioned in a semi-unrelated thread, then starting a new thread about it is not starting a duplicate thread.

If a thread is cleverly (but not necessarily clearly) labeled, then starting a new thread about the topic is understandable (although it still probably should be combined, which is why we have moderators).

If a thread is duplicated because the first one is simply missed - well, so what? If a person does it all the time, they should be called out. We've all done it once or twice. Poke your fun, and move on.

Over the last few years, the biggest thing I've noticed here has been the shallow pool of the regular posters. There just doesn't seem to be as many people posting regularly, as there was at one time. This is especially worrisome since the popularity of the Broncos seems to be at nearly an all-time high.

How about we all stop being so elitist about some of this stuff - in this case, starting what might be a duplicate thread? Maybe we'll get more lurkers - folks who might be otherwise a little afraid of starting new threads - to start posting again.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I've been thinking lately about what has made this place lose some popularity (and desirability), over the past few years. This is one of the things.

And, let me say, I have been as guilty of this as anybody. Today, I am publicly repenting.

Starting the occasional duplicate thread is FINE! And, in a case like this, it's not even a duplicate thread!

If a topic is mentioned in a semi-unrelated thread, then starting a new thread about it is not starting a duplicate thread.

If a thread is cleverly (but not necessarily clearly) labeled, then starting a new thread about the topic is understandable (although it still probably should be combined, which is why we have moderators).

If a thread is duplicated because the first one is simply missed - well, so what? If a person does it all the time, they should be called out. We've all done it once or twice. Poke your fun, and move on.

Over the last few years, the biggest thing I've noticed here has been the shallow pool of the regular posters. There just doesn't seem to be as many people posting regularly, as there was at one time. This is especially worrisome since the popularity of the Broncos seems to be at nearly an all-time high.

How about we all stop being so elitist about some of this stuff - in this case, starting what might be a duplicate thread? Maybe we'll get more lurkers - folks who might be otherwise a little afraid of starting new threads - to start posting again.
I agree. We're all Broncos fans here. That's why we come here. There should be more friendliness and support among fellow fans, not constant attacks and juvenile judgment over the most trivial bull****...

that's all I've got.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Pretty sure there is already a thread about this somewhere, loser.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

Actually you're supposed to post the video.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Actually you're supposed to post the video.
Sorry. I'm new to this interwebz thing...

As to Dom's post, I think Cut knows I was just joking. If anything, I was poking fun at that tradition. Heck...I got that same treatment, a few weeks back. It's all in good fun...
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I looked and didn't see one going. I guess people were not posting in it much.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I looked and didn't see one going. I guess people were not posting in it much.
Of course, I'm just giving you a hard time. However, it was mentioned during the Colts-Texans game thread...
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think he was important enough to the Broncos to warrant it's own thread. I loved Kubiak and was a tad bummed he never became our coach. He hasn't won so not as much anymore.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think he was important enough to the Broncos to warrant it's own thread. I loved Kubiak and was a tad bummed he never became our coach. He hasn't won so not as much anymore.
When Kubiak left, Shanahan's legacy started to tarnish. It was probably a combination of Kubiak taking the bootleg play with him, Plummer's decreasing passion for football, and Shanahan's misguided loyalty to bad defensive coordinators. In any case, the Broncos were never the same (post-Kubiak).
Old 11-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I wanted to start this thread last night but didn't want to know about us landing on the moon or that we have a black president.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

You know how you can tell that this isn't a duplicate thread?

The pixels.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
You know how you can tell that this isn't a duplicate thread?

The pixels.
Most of us aren't quite as adept at pixel analysis. I am quite good at it, of course. But I've had a lot of practice.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is a strange place.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

After this losing season I say stick a fork in him cause his job is gone. It's been a disaster for them....
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

That's some awesome news
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
After this losing season I say stick a fork in him cause his job is gone. It's been a disaster for them....
Since we're duplicatin and metriculatin suppose Kubes keeps the job, any thoughts on Cutler ending up in Houston as a FA? His calm and cool could balance out Kubes jitters.
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Get well coach.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

That's some pretty serious stuff right there. Might be time to retire from coaching.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The TIA is likely due to an embolic clot formed in his left atrial appendage that broke off after converting back to normal sinus rhythm from what may have been up diagnosed and asymptomatic episode of either paroxysmal or possibly persistent atrial fibrillation. Or, perhaps from ischemia in one or both of his carotid arteries possibly due to progression of arteriosclerosis and plaque formation there? ... In any event those are the two most likely origins for his TIA but not the only possibility... Nevertheless, they need to find out which it is to plan best preventative treatment to avoid a more serious stroke down the road.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
The TIA is likely due to an embolic clot formed in his left atrial appendage that broke off after converting back to normal sinus rhythm from what may have been up diagnosed and asymptomatic episode of either paroxysmal or possibly persistent atrial fibrillation. Or, perhaps from ischemia in one or both of his carotid arteries possibly due to progression of arteriosclerosis and plaque formation there? ... In any event those are the two most likely origins for his TIA but not the only possibility... Nevertheless, they need to find out which it is to plan best preventative treatment to avoid a more serious stroke down the road.