The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default Long Term Impact

Thinking beyond this year, it looks like Von will be in stage 3 for life. Therefore, any violation will automatically result in a year long suspension. As such, I can't see him being a Bronco beyond his rookie deal.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Naw they will write language into the contract that everyone can live with. Nothing to see here! Move along
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
BroncosfanGuy

you can mitigate those risks with contract language. this isn't a reason to let a talent like Miller walk after his rookie deal.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I can see them delaying an extension, but if he stays out of trouble, i can. This kind of talent doesn't come around very often.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Not sure Von will be in Stage 3.

The 6 game suspension was down from a year long suspension that the NFL wanted to hand out.

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:
Von spilled his sample (getting him to stage 2), was immediately asked to provide a new one and that one was diluted (getting him to stage 3).

NFLPA's case:
The spilled sample wasn't proven to be positive, and so the next sample was diluted (but not positive for banned substances) because Miller had to drink loads of water.

So beyond the final result of him getting a "lesser" suspension from 1 year to 6 games it's not clear that he IS in stage 3 and I doubt we'll know for sure as it's supposed to be confidential.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post

The 6 game suspension was down from a year long suspension that the NFL wanted to hand out.

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:
Von spilled his sample (getting him to stage 2), was immediately asked to provide a new one and that one was diluted (getting him to stage 3).

NFLPA's case:
The spilled sample wasn't proven to be positive, and so the next sample was diluted (but not positive for banned substances) because Miller had to drink loads of water.

So beyond the final result of him getting a "lesser" suspension from 1 year to 6 games it's not clear that he IS in stage 3 and I doubt we'll know for sure as it's supposed to be confidential.
If that is true that is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. How can you be treated as though you tested positive without actually testing positive? In the AF they don't care as long as you give a sample. Whenever I get popped for a random I drink as much water as possible...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Bacchus

One thing is for sure Von cost himself millions of dollars.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If that is true that is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. How can you be treated as though you tested positive without actually testing positive? In the AF they don't care as long as you give a sample. Whenever I get popped for a random I drink as much water as possible...
He's actually being treated worse than if he had tested positive. Which in my opinion is nuts.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
The NFL states any non valid sample (diluted, missed, in this case spilled, tampered with) can be classified as a positive test.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
The NFL states any non valid sample (diluted, missed, in this case spilled, tampered with) can be classified as a positive test.
Which is complete BS! It's a very flawed way of doing business. It's very possible that he did in fact accidentally drop his sample...turned around and drank a **** ton of water. It happens. It's a very awkward position having another dude watching you take a piss.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Which is complete BS! It's a very flawed way of doing business. It's very possible that he did in fact accidentally drop his sample...turned around and drank a **** ton of water. It happens. It's a very awkward position having another dude watching you take a piss.
Nah, I gotta disagree with that. When you have guys like the Whizzinator, and DJ providing non human samples, providing piss from vials etc then you're leaving the league no choice but to take that stance.

And players hydrate all the time but you don't hear about dozens of players getting into trouble because their piss is diluted.

Von does have asthma or some condition that does require medication so not sure that played a part in it or not but he's not blame free here.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Lol. He knew what he was doing, and you'll get over it.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:

NFLPA's case:

He has also been advised by union attorneys not to answer any questions on the matter for an "indefinite" period of time.

Instead, I guess he has to take it day by day. And not touch it out of respect of the process.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Von better get with it. I say extend him now and get a huge discount... and yes I know he can't be extended yet
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Let him rock through the playoffs, then trade him for two firsts and a second, or more, when the season's over. Some team will take a ridiculous flyer on him.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
Let him rock through the playoffs, then trade him for two firsts and a second, or more, when the season's over. Some team will take a ridiculous flyer on him.
If you could get it I'd do it. I think teams will be wary though.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

He absolutely will be a Bronco and be paid handsomely for it. He will also be assured that no matter what his contract will always have strict protection provisions that protect team if he is suspended for a year.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
Stuck in Cali

As long he keeps playing the way he has been. No doubt in my mind we keep him for the long run. He can grow out of the mistakes he made.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

What 20 something year old man can't squeeze out a couple of ounces of pee after he supposedly spills a couple of ounces of pee?

Maybe if your ninety you have to drink a gallon of water to pee a second time but not when your are 25

Or by deluded do they mean something such as water was added to the sample
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #20
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What 20 something year old man can't squeeze out a couple of ounces of pee after he supposedly spills a couple of ounces of pee?

Maybe if your ninety you have to drink a gallon of water to pee a second time but not when your are 25

Or by deluded do they mean something such as water was added to the sample
When i take a peetest iset thesample aside and finnish... i dont know anyone who doesnt
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
When i take a peetest iset thesample aside and finnish... i dont know anyone who doesnt
should we take a piss poll?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

10 tests a month... i wonder if they retested. The next day... it would be very telling...then there is no question. And folks like Aga can always raise questionable doubt....
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't think Von is tough enough emotionally to face the **** storm he's about to go through with the Denver media and fans. By the time his contract is up, I'd wager he's going to want to go somewhere to get a "fresh start." Heck, I don't know that he's even tough enough to play with any amount of focus when he returns. Hopefully he is, but I worry that we'll see a guy who disappears for games at a time.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't think Von is tough enough emotionally to face the **** storm he's about to go through with the Denver media and fans. By the time his contract is up, I'd wager he's going to want to go somewhere to get a "fresh start." Heck, I don't know that he's even tough enough to play with any amount of focus when he returns. Hopefully he is, but I worry that we'll see a guy who disappears for games at a time.
This is complete speculation. He's one of the top 5 defensive players in the game. We've never had a guy like Von Miller in the history of the organization. He's going no where. Lawrence Taylor had lots of problems but the giants weren't dumb enough to get rid of him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Lawrence Taylor had lots of problems but the giants weren't dumb enough to get rid of him.
Very, very different era when you could get away with players being complete idiots off the field. Doesn't work that way any more.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote