The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
KevinJames
DT
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,054
Default Refs were in pre-season mode as well.

Just came from the seahawks game tonight and I see not much has changed for referees this year still f'in us on calls like in the Ravens game.

Hillman broke the goal line should been a touchdown. (also I feel like people are being too hard on him and M Ball they ran hard tonight, the blocking was horrible)

Aaron Hester (who sucks badly) touched that backup seahawks reciever down by contact before the TD clearly yet it still stood as a TD.

Von Miller was being held all night, he pretty much made Okung his you know what.

there were a few others I got to watch the replay of the game.




Oh btw Bronco nation was strong in attendance at Century Link tonight it was an awesome turn out.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Just came from the seahawks game tonight and I see not much has changed for referees this year still f'in us on calls like in the Ravens game.

Hillman broke the goal line should been a touchdown. (also I feel like people are being too hard on him and M Ball they ran hard tonight, the blocking was horrible)

Aaron Hester (who sucks badly) touched that backup seahawks reciever down by contact before the TD clearly yet it still stood as a TD.

Von Miller was being held all night, he pretty much made Okung his you know what.

there were a few others I got to watch the replay of the game.




Oh btw Bronco nation was strong in attendance at Century Link tonight it was an awesome turn out.
Ugh
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
KevinJames
DT
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
Ugh
Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,386

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

We're all a little crusty this morning...

Don't worry 'bout him..."Bronco Nation" is fine. Thanks for the update on the turnout. I bet the fans in Seattle are a little more tolerant of other fans. (?)

Going to Gillette wearing Orange is somewhat dicey. Not Eagles fans dicey, but dicey none the less. Regular season can't get here soon enough.
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Bronco country better for you?
fans. Bronco fans.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
NASurfer
orange/blue
 
NASurfer's Avatar
 
Hungry Playmaker

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.
Every Seahawk game I've been to over the years theres always been a ton of Bronco fans in attendance.

This year had to have been way cool with Manning and all our big names coming to town.

Quote:
Don't worry 'bout him..."Bronco Nation" is fine. Thanks for the update on the turnout. I bet the fans in Seattle are a little more tolerant of other fans. (?)
Living in their territory I really don't like their fans in general... but it's always been a good experience with friendly banter back and forth at their games.
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.
I prefer The Bronco Range, a play on Front Range over Broncos Country or Nation.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Why didn't fox challenge the TD call
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Why didn't fox challenge the TD call
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.
As far as a gameday coach goes Fox can't hold a candle to Mike Shanahan but than who can.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #10
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Why didn't fox challenge the TD call
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.

Because you can't challenge a scoring play.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post

Because you can't challenge a scoring play.
This. And Bronco Nation is a sin. The Raiders came up with Raider Nation, and it is their title alone.

I saw a lot of Bronco fans on TV, I'm glad it was a good turnout
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post

Because you can't challenge a scoring play.
If you're talking about the fumble return for a TD, Fox could have challenged the fumble. I thought it was clear that half his body was across the line with the ball in front before it came out. But in preseason ball, they don't have all the great camera angles at the goal line.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #13
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
If you're talking about the fumble return for a TD, Fox could have challenged the fumble. I thought it was clear that half his body was across the line with the ball in front before it came out. But in preseason ball, they don't have all the great camera angles at the goal line.
No you can't. It's auto reviewed.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
No you can't. It's auto reviewed.
Do they not consider the turn over and the TD two separate instances? I know the fumble ended in a TD, but I thought they were considered two separate instances. I thought I saw a few plays like that get challenged last year.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #15
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Why didn't fox challenge the TD call
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.
Quote:
Pessimism is a state of mind in which one anticipates undesirable outcomes or believes that the evil or hardships in life outweigh the good or luxuries. Value judgments may vary dramatically between individuals, even when judgments of fact are undisputed. The most common example of this phenomenon is the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" or "go_broncos" situation.
Quote:
Philosophical pessimism is the related idea that views the world in a strictly anti-optimistic fashion. This form of pessimism is not an emotional disposition as the term commonly connotes. Instead, it is a philosophy or go_broncos's worldview that directly challenges the notion of progress and what may be considered the faith-based claims of optimism. Philosophical pessimists are often existential nihilists believing that life has no intrinsic meaning or value. Their responses to this situation however are widely varied and are often life-affirming.
.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #16
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,619
Default

Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
Ohh, I didn't know turnovers were automatically reviewed.


NVM then.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
As far as I could tell they did not review that play. The refs were as bad as the scabs were last year in my opinion. It was truly awful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
As far as I could tell they did not review that play. The refs were as bad as the scabs were last year in my opinion. It was truly awful.
They did review it. The ref eventually came back onto the field and said that the TD was confirmed. I remember that because for a split second, I thought they meant Hillman's TD was confirmed...until I realized they meant Seattle's.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
They did review it. The ref eventually came back onto the field and said that the TD was confirmed. I remember that because for a split second, I thought they meant Hillman's TD was confirmed...until I realized they meant Seattle's.
The review they did was too fast for them to have looked at both ends. I am sure they simply reviewed the SEATTLE TD and confirmed it. They reviewed what was called on the field ( Seattle TD) as that was the only scoring play called on the field. Refs blew the other end, so it was not looked at. It was only about 30 seconds after the play, that it was "confirmed ".
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
Except ( of course) this one. They never reviewed the goal line play just that Browner crossed the goal line at the end. No way they spent enough time to review both ends. Homer call ALL the way.

Fox should have thrown the challenge flag, no matter what the rule, and let them know they had to review the fumble first, not just the last part of the play. I think that they removed the penalty for that this year, but he could have made a point about it.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,251

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Except ( of course) this one. They never reviewed the goal line play just that Browner crossed the goal line at the end. No way they spent enough time to review both ends. Homer call ALL the way.

Fox should have thrown the challenge flag, no matter what the rule, and let them know they had to review the fumble first, not just the last part of the play. I think that they removed the penalty for that this year, but he could have made a point about it.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #23
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,732
Default

I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second (if even) review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #24
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!
I glad it wasn't overturned. makes the play a better learning tool.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second (if even) review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!
What he needs to do it learn to not lead with the ball on first, second or third down when going across the goaline, tuck it in and lead with his head and body ... all of which are jsut as good and sticking the ball out there as he would have scored that way last night as well.

Alas the ball got popped right on the money and no one could have held onto it under the exact same circumstances with the ball held out in front and the defenders helmet popping it with some power right on the ball.

The problem wasnt holding on to it, he shouldnt have stuck it out there to begin with and certainly not on a second down run play.

Ronnie should have known that already. There cant be that many possible scenarios for goal line scoring that he has not heard that one a hundred times by now. I guess these kids just need to get really embarrassed before they digest the error of doing it the wrong way.

I feel certain neither he nor Montee Ball will ever make that mistake again after they watch it a dozen times while getting coached-up the ying yang how they should hold the ball down there on the line all this coming week long.

Julius Thomas will learn better ball security as well. I love his route running and receiving skills. Just needs to lock onto that ball and realize every DB and safety considers it their ball and will try to strip it every time. He also needs to polish up the pass protect blocking as well, but otherwise he is gonna be a seriously potent weapon this year along with Wes, DT, Decker and whom ever the lead RB becomes out of the backfield.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Denver Broncos