The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-29-2013

This is going to be a short report today. I had the worst seats ever. I had to sit at the end of the south endzone and the team was all the way on the north endzone most of the practice.

QB:

Manning: What can you say that hasn't been said. Its Manning. He targeted on Wes Welker a little bit today.

Osweiler: I felt that he had a rough day today. Had a couple balls batted down?!? The guy is 6'8" how does that happen!. He did make a nice connection with King during Goal to Go drills. It was in the North endzone so I can't give more details about how he got open.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Thanks for the reports.

Anyone else there today?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Wow, that was short!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Camp very different from what we've been accustomed to. Ky and I both thought so after it was over. Just kind of boring and not very exciting. I thought Oz looked pretty good. Big arm and good feet.

A good bit of STs work today. Decker, Welker and JJ along with Trindon taking reps as returners.

Nacho looking good. DRC looked good as well. Focused on Irving a little bit. He was running with the ones at Mike and didn't do anything that stood out (bad or good). The DLine was hard to figure. At one point you had Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly and Wolfe on the line. I tried telling the guy next to me that Wofe was at DE in that set and be argued that it was Von. Okay, whatever.

Orton, King and Robinson all looked decent at times. We are so stacked at WR it's amazing. King got behind Champ in one on ones but was able to recover and get a hand on the ball in the back of the endzone.

Decker, DT and Welker spent a lot of time just talking to Manning between reps. Decker looked great today and DT had a couple good catches as well. At the beginning of practice they opened with 11 on 11 work and Welker toasted Bruton... Made him look silly. But Manning didn't see him and went to a TE underneath. Welker was pissed and stayed down near the endzone for a bit.

Julius had a few nice catches as well. He catches the ball so easily and uses his body nicely. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy.

At one point they lined up for some passing work vs the D. DT, Welker (slot), Manning, Hillman (I), Julius, and Decker. Defense didn't have a prayer without pressure. That is a nasty combination of offensive talent. I truly believe this team can a average 35 points per game.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Camp very different from what we've been accustomed to. Ky and I both thought so after it was over. Just kind of boring and not very exciting. I thought Oz looked pretty good. Big arm and good feet.

A good bit of STs work today. Decker, Welker and JJ along with Trindon taking reps as returners.

Nacho looking good. DRC looked good as well. Focused on Irving a little bit. He was running with the ones at Mike and didn't do anything that stood out (bad or good). The DLine was hard to figure. At one point you had Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly and Wolfe on the line. I tried telling the guy next to me that Wofe was at DE in that set and be argued that it was Von. Okay, whatever.

Orton, King and Robinson all looked decent at times. We are so stacked at WR it's amazing. King got behind Champ in one on ones but was able to recover and get a hand on the ball in the back of the endzone.

Decker, DT and Welker spent a lot of time just talking to Manning between reps. Decker looked great today and DT had a couple good catches as well. At the beginning of practice they opened with 11 on 11 work and Welker toasted Bruton... Made him look silly. But Manning didn't see him and went to a TE underneath. Welker was pissed and stayed down near the endzone for a bit.

Julius had a few nice catches as well. He catches the ball so easily and uses his body nicely. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy.

At one point they lined up for some passing work vs the D. DT, Welker (slot), Manning, Hillman (I), Julius, and Decker. Defense didn't have a prayer without pressure. That is a nasty combination of offensive talent. I truly believe this team can a average 35 points per game.
Who is this Bruton you speak off? do you mean David Bitton the safety?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Who is this Bruton you speak off? do you mean David Bitton the safety?
Yes, yes that is exactly who I'm talk'n bout
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer
 
outdoor_miner's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Who is this Bruton you speak off? do you mean David Bitton the safety?
I hear that Bitton and Burton have been splitting reps with the 1s. It is the camp battle I am most interested in... And don't sleep on Brenton. He was a beast on Special Teams last year.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
kent156
King of the Ants
 
kent156's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Paradise lost
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Camp very different from what we've been accustomed to. Ky and I both thought so after it was over. Just kind of boring and not very exciting. I thought Oz looked pretty good. Big arm and good feet.

A good bit of STs work today. Decker, Welker and JJ along with Trindon taking reps as returners.

Nacho looking good. DRC looked good as well. Focused on Irving a little bit. He was running with the ones at Mike and didn't do anything that stood out (bad or good). The DLine was hard to figure. At one point you had Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly and Wolfe on the line. I tried telling the guy next to me that Wofe was at DE in that set and be argued that it was Von. Okay, whatever.

Orton, King and Robinson all looked decent at times. We are so stacked at WR it's amazing. King got behind Champ in one on ones but was able to recover and get a hand on the ball in the back of the endzone.

Decker, DT and Welker spent a lot of time just talking to Manning between reps. Decker looked great today and DT had a couple good catches as well. At the beginning of practice they opened with 11 on 11 work and Welker toasted Bruton... Made him look silly. But Manning didn't see him and went to a TE underneath. Welker was pissed and stayed down near the endzone for a bit.

Julius had a few nice catches as well. He catches the ball so easily and uses his body nicely. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy.

At one point they lined up for some passing work vs the D. DT, Welker (slot), Manning, Hillman (I), Julius, and Decker. Defense didn't have a prayer without pressure. That is a nasty combination of offensive talent. I truly believe this team can a average 35 points per game.


is he making the tackles and taking the right lanes or is he joe mays 2.0?
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
is he making the tackles and taking the right lanes or is he joe mays 2.0?
I didn't hear of anyone losing an ear today, so I will say no.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Wow, that was short!
. I like to break up the report into the posistions.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
This is going to be a short report today. I had the worst seats ever. I had to sit at the end of the south endzone and the team was all the way on the north endzone most of the practice.

QB:

Manning: What can you say that hasn't been said. Its Manning. He targeted on Wes Welker a little bit today.

Osweiler: I felt that he had a rough day today. Had a couple balls batted down?!? The guy is 6'8" how does that happen!. He did make a nice connection with King during Goal to Go drills. It was in the North endzone so I can't give more details about how he got open.
At ASU he had a low release point, and had a problem with getting balls knocked down. Could be something he reverts to under pressure.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

King was a solid pick. Go deep son!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

RB: The RB's did do some drills on our end of the field. The QB's and RB's did do hand-off drills and did do a new hand-off. I'll only say it has a look to freeze the DE. Today was a better day for the running game.

M. Ball: He's a big back and he's fluid in his cuts. Made a couple good cuts off the tackle/Guard combo. Also caught the ball well out of the backfield, granted it was against no coverage. Split time with the 1's and 2's.

Hillman: Played almost all snaps with the 1's. Hasn't done anything to lose that position. Caught the ball well.

L. Ball: I don't know if we are going to keep him. Had 2 drops during drills.

CJ Anderson: Made the play that got the crowd and the team wowing. ZBS off the TE and took it 50 yards to the house.

J Johnson: Uneven day. Make a play then disappear.



O-line:

The ZBS was a lot better today. It was better with the Tackle/Guard and the Guard/Center combo. The Tightend/Tackle combo needs a lot of work still because that side of the line got caved in a lot of times. Wish I could tell you more but a lot of it happened on the other side of the field.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
RB: The RB's did do some drills on our end of the field. The QB's and RB's did do hand-off drills and did do a new hand-off. I'll only say it has a look to freeze the DE. Today was a better day for the running game.

M. Ball: He's a big back and he's fluid in his cuts. Made a couple good cuts off the tackle/Guard combo. Also caught the ball well out of the backfield, granted it was against no coverage. Split time with the 1's and 2's.

Hillman: Played almost all snaps with the 1's. Hasn't done anything to lose that position. Caught the ball well.

L. Ball: I don't know if we are going to keep him. Had 2 drops during drills.

CJ Anderson: Made the play that got the crowd and the team wowing. ZBS off the TE and took it 50 yards to the house.

J Johnson: Uneven day. Make a play then disappear.



O-line:

The ZBS was a lot better today. It was better with the Tackle/Guard and the Guard/Center combo. The Tightend/Tackle combo needs a lot of work still because that side of the line got caved in a lot of times. Wish I could tell you more but a lot of it happened on the other side of the field.
Thanks! Rep!
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.


Insta-wood.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.
fap
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.
Work? Neg rep.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.
Follow up to the camp report.


WR/TE:

DT: Had a bite of a quite day. Not that he didn't do a lot. Just wemt out there and did his job, nothing awesome. Felt a little bad for him because when Decker walked by the side lines all the girls would wildy cheer for him. I feel that DT is the better WR than Decker and isn't getting the love that he should.

Decker: Did his job, nothing awesome.

Welker: Caugth everything that was thrown in his general direction during 1-1 drills. You can literally hear him rip the turf with how hard he makes his cuts. Made a nice double move and made a over shoulder catch for a TD. Then there was a 3 combo route that he ran with perfection. It was a corner, post, comeback route. Impossible to cover 1-1.

Greg Orton: Had a good day. Made a double move and caught a TD fadeing to the sideline.

King: Having a good camp each day. Made a TD catch on the other side of the field.

TE:

Dreessen: Solidly with the 1's. Not the best route runner or the fastest. But the best blocking TE.

J. Thomas: He's been working on his blocking. Showed strength at the line, but its still new to him. He needs to learn to keep his balance. During 1 snap he got pulled to the ground after hitting the LB in the chest.

Tamme: Hardly saw the field today.

#82: Don't know how this is since but his better than Reed. Who ever thought that Reed was going to challenge anybody was smoking the good stuff.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Defense:

D-line: Offensive line is catching up to the Defensive line. The first day D-line completely dominated the O-line. However there are a couple of bright spots on the D-line. Seems like the Defense rolled out something new. 3-4 look. Wolfe, Vickerson and Knighton on the line. Miller, Irving, Woodyard and Ayers standing up at the line.


LB's: No blitzing from Von again. Irving playing MLB but didn't see him in coverage. He does play the run well.

DB's: Bruton and Ihenacho both had a few snaps with the 1's. During 1-1 drills with the WR the offensive side gets a huge advantage so when the DB does something its to be noted. DRC made a pic jumping a square out route. Aaron Hester did give up a TD but did break up two passes. One in the endzone and one on the sideline. Aaron has the size of a safety, I's like him for the big nickle package. But for right now PS him and more time to learn how to play would be good for him.

Edit: Webster also had a good day. Plus he had a Int jumping a corner route.

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 07-30-2013 at 12:40 AM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Guys I want to post a pic of Rachel McAdams in a pink see thur blouse, but I don't want to get banned. But you have to google it......then google yourself.

Edit: You see (nipples!).
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #22
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Felt a little bad for him because when Decker walked by the side lines all the girls would wildy cheer for him. I feel that DT is the better WR than Decker and isn't getting the love that he should.
You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with how either of them plays right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #23
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with how either of them plays right?
Yes. But players run on confidence too. He needs to feel love here so he stays here.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Gerrell Robinson has been absent from most reports so far. Is this a good or bad sign from those that have been?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Gerrell Robinson has been absent from most reports so far. Is this a good or bad sign from those that have been?
Bad, Cecil Lammey has mentioned him a few times, and his assessment is that Robinson is still very raw. He's not running crisp routes, he's slow, and outside of his size he doesn't offer a whole lot. He's getting outplayed by Greg Orton, Tavarres King, Quincy McDuffie, and 'Mr.Excluded' Bubba Caldwell.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Denver Broncos