The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos' offense will be unstoppable

"Denver Broncos executive John Elway and coach John Fox have given Peyton Manning enough weapons to run roughshod over the rest of the AFC. After breaking down the All-22 Coaches Film from last season, I came up with three reasons to think the Broncos' offense will be an unstoppable force in 2013.

1) Peyton Manning has his mojo back.

After Manning sat out the 2011 season following multiple neck injuries, many doubted that the four-time MVP could return to an elite level of performance. Questions about his overall health and durability were accompanied by concerns about his arm strength, accuracy and range as a passer. Many of those concerns were addressed last season, when he completed 68.6 percent of his passes for 4,659 yards with 37 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions. Manning still didn't look like his former self down the stretch, though, seemingly lacking the arm strength to connect on vertical pass down the field. This was particularly evident in the divisional-round loss to the Baltimore Ravens, when Manning struggled to push the ball down the field. With that being the case, defenders could squat on short and intermediate routes without worrying about defending the deep ball.

However, I don't think the Broncos' opponents will be able to rely on such tactics this season. At the Manning Passing Academy, I saw Peyton throw the ball with superb velocity and zip while continuing to display exceptional accuracy and ball placement. Additionally, Manning showed outstanding anticipation and touch, connecting on a series of deep throws to a variety of receivers, including Broncos tight end Jacob Tamme. With Manning showing the arm strength and range to make all of the throws from the pocket, I'm sure the Broncos will be able to use their entire playbook in 2013.

Manning's improved mastery of said playbook should also help the offense produce better results this season. In 2012, the former Colt had to adjust to a new offensive philosophy before Fox allowed him to incorporate some of his favorite concepts from his days in Indianapolis, including the no-huddle offense. Granted the freedom to run the game from the line of scrimmage, the veteran returned to his comfort zone. This also simplified things for the young, inexperienced group of skill players around him.

Given an entire offseason to work out the kinks with a more mature supporting cast, the Broncos' no-huddle offense should torment opponents with pace and execution.

2) The addition of Wes Welker makes this receiving corps indefensible...

Read more at - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-to-run-wild
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

Shouldn't the offense look at least a bit different now that its Gase and not McCoy?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Record-smashing potential.

My biggest hope is a healthy team.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Agreed I'm hoping these guys keep them all healthy .......

MEDICAL STAFF
Steve Antonopulos - Head Athletic Trainer
Corey Oshikoya - Assistant Athletic Trainer
Josh Hartman - Assistant Athletic Trainer
Vince Garcia - Assistant Athletic Trainer
Jason Klein - Assistant Athletic Trainer / Physical Therapist
Dr. Martin Boublik - Head Team Physician
Dr. James Genuario - Team Physician
Dr. J. Steven Geraghty - Team Physician
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

This and does Koppen regress due to age. Could be a big issue if the center position cannot handle his job
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
This and does Koppen regress due to age. Could be a big issue if the center position cannot handle his job
Personally, I'm hopeful Kuper or Ramirez take over at C
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Agreed. Though I feel much more comfortable knowing Koppen is on the roster. He might not be what he once was, but I trust him not to **** the bed either.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Throw Beadles into the equation. With his intelligence and movement skills, not to mention he will be assisting more than taking on one on one matchups, could be a good move for him. He's also proven to be durable, unlike the revolving door at center.

That's locks up every OLine spot except for LG, but I see Manase Foketi as an answer to LG post Kuper. He played LT in college and would excell as a Guard. One of my draft picks BTW..

So that's Clady, Kuper, Beadles, Vasquez, Franklin
Painter, Clark, Man Ram are your reserves... I understand it's a big IF at Center, but I'm not feeling Koppen as the starter..
Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The Broncos squirreled away Blake last year on the PS. I'll be interested in how he performs in the early going this year. Elway has built a front runner with-in a couple years of taking over. I haven't been this excited for a season in a long time.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Best part is the hateration in the comments lol
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Really excited for this season. It's Superbowl win or Bust in my mind. Nothing in between.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Reading stuff like that makes me want to cry, tears of joy!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

We are definitely the class of the AFC. There is no excuse...barring injury.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
We are definitely the class of the AFC. There is no excuse...barring injury.
I hear Pat is out of gin and wants to restructure Manning.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'm trying to temper expectations a little bit, but this really should be the best Bronco team since the SB runs. I hate the term SB or bust, because the parody among the top 15 franchises is undeniable, but barring injury this really is as close to a Super Bowl or Bust team as you can get.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hear Pat is out of gin and wants to restructure Manning.
The extra couple million he took from Doom should hold him over for awhile....even if he sticks with the high end stuff.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The extra couple million he took from Doom should hold him over for awhile....even if he sticks with the high end stuff.
Thanks for the money Doom, signed Clady
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Doom stole plenty last year.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

However, I don't think the Broncos' opponents will be able to rely on such tactics this season. At the Manning Passing Academy, I saw Peyton throw the ball with superb velocity and zip while continuing to display exceptional accuracy and ball placement. Additionally, Manning showed outstanding anticipation and touch, connecting on a series of deep throws to a variety of receivers, including Broncos tight end Jacob Tamme. With Manning showing the arm strength and range to make all of the throws from the pocket, I'm sure the Broncos will be able to use their entire playbook in 2013.

Boner.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

Boner.
This should put Rev's inside information to rest.. He just likes getting others worked up!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
This should put Rev's inside information to rest.. He just likes getting others worked up!
Now after serveal months of rest he looks good and Denver will not stress him during preseason .

You can't predict how wear and tear and fatigue on his body will affect his body come January still concerned with what I saw last January and it will be in the back of my mind until playoff time rolls around
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Now after serveal months of rest he looks good and Denver will not stress him during preseason .

You can't predict how wear and tear and fatigue on his body will affect his body come January still concerned with what I saw last January and it will be in the back of my mind until playoff time rolls around
I can't fathom how anyone really takes that baltimore game as some sort sign of obvious arm fatigue First off, he played your normal peyton game for 4 quarters. By the time OT came around, it was like 5 degrees outside! That can't be discounted. It was the coldest game in broncos playoff history. A couple of weeks before it was 30 degrees, the week after it was 40.

I'm not saying he definitely did not experience arm fatigue, but I'm going to assume the frigid cold had more to do with that then his neck.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Super Bowl or bust!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Super Bowl or bust!
Bust(y). Nice Avi
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
DENVERDUI55

OL needs to stay healthy, RB needs to step up and Decker and DT need to keep healthy like they did last year vs previous year. I didn't mention Manning's health because that is obvious.