The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default Dealing with Anxiety

Anyone else on here have anxiety issues? Apparently it runs in the family as both my mom and younger brother are on medicine already. I currently get crazy anxious over tiny things, like when I have bills coming up and have enough to pay them but I am anxious about it anyway. Feels like I cheated on my wife and she is about to find out. I used to drink a lot but realized I was turning into an Alcoholic so I have given that up as well. Now I just work more, when I am working I feel OK- But who wants to work and sleep only.

Deleted Earlier-A little Known Tebow effect.

Last edited by rugbythug; 06-22-2013 at 02:19 PM..
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Anyone else on here have anxiety issues? Apparently it runs in the family as both my mom and younger brother are on medicine already. I currently get crazy anxious over tiny things, like when I have bills coming up and have enough to pay them but I am anxious about it anyway. Feels like I cheated on my wife and she is about to find out. I used to drink a lot but realized I was turning into an Alcoholic so I have given that up as well. Now I just work more, when I am working I feel OK- But who wants to work and sleep only.
It's not easy living with anxiety, I can attest to that because my wife has anxiety, and I am one of the only people she can comfortably confide in. My advice to you would be to open a line of dialogue with your spouse where you can essentially unload your disparaging thoughts. Inform her ahead of time that nothing that you are thinking is really grounded in fact, but you need a reassuring voice to keep your anxiety in check. I'll try and get my Wife to PM you with some thoughts later. If you ever need help you can shoot me a PM too. Best of luck brother.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

A great cure for my anxiety would be if my wife would ever actually help with some of these bills. b****.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Why delete this thread? I think it has potential!!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Especially now that OP has been quoted.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
He may have got anxiety from it. If that's the case were talkin about some strong anxiety.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Struggled with anxiety my entire adult life. Not going to pretend to have all of the solutions, but here's my two cents on what has worked for me over the past couple of years.

1.) Cutting/eliminating alcohol consumption is really important. I spent most of my 20's binge drinking and at times being a borderline functioning alcoholic. It wasn't until my 30's that I realized alcohol was sort of a crutch to feel comfortable in social situations and as a way to suppress anxiety about bills/relationships etc.

2.) Exercise strenuously a minimum of 4 days a week. No exceptions.

3.) Make sure to balance your life with task completion activities. Hobbies/activities that have a finite beginning and completion.

4.) Maintain a regular sleep schedule as much as possible. When the thoughts are racing in your head, get up and do stuff (even if it means being tired the next day.) When the next day comes, don't take a nap, and return to normal bedtime.

5.) Eat as cleanly as possible. Avoid refined sugar, high fructose corn-syrup, and processed foods in general. Eat as raw as you can (lean cuts of meat, fruits/veggies etc.)

6.) Keep a daily journal. Do not self-censor your thoughts in your journal.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Yes, I'm playing survivor
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Good advice, razor. I've has some anxiety issues but nothing to the extent the OP mentioned. I'd agree with each of your suggestions.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Struggled with anxiety my entire adult life. Not going to pretend to have all of the solutions, but here's my two cents on what has worked for me over the past couple of years.

1.) Cutting/eliminating alcohol consumption is really important. I spent most of my 20's binge drinking and at times being a borderline functioning alcoholic. It wasn't until my 30's that I realized alcohol was sort of a crutch to feel comfortable in social situations and as a way to suppress anxiety about bills/relationships etc.

2.) Exercise strenuously a minimum of 4 days a week. No exceptions.

3.) Make sure to balance your life with task completion activities. Hobbies/activities that have a finite beginning and completion.

4.) Maintain a regular sleep schedule as much as possible. When the thoughts are racing in your head, get up and do stuff (even if it means being tired the next day.) When the next day comes, don't take a nap, and return to normal bedtime.

5.) Eat as cleanly as possible. Avoid refined sugar, high fructose corn-syrup, and processed foods in general. Eat as raw as you can (lean cuts of meat, fruits/veggies etc.)

6.) Keep a daily journal. Do not self-censor your thoughts in your journal.
This is simple very solid advice for living life no matter your disease.

I would add meditation though that is really just a variant of #6.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Anxiety is, for some of us, a part of our life. I've had it every since my early 20's. I've had it extreme style in spurts, panic attacks and social phobias, and so forth. What's frustrating is you don't know why in the hell you feel that way. I just sort of dealt with it and then it starting taking over my life as I really wanted to just ignore it. I could not sleep a wink and had to go on Ambien/Lunesta. After several years on those, I could literally feel that I had lost the ability to remember many things and that's from long term use of those drugs. Stay away from them. You may feel crappy from not sleeping well but in the long run you're better off. And I've tried all the natural stuff such as L-Theanine, Motherswort, Passion Flower, Lavender Pills, you frickin name it I've tried it.

I think Razor gave some good advice. In the last few years I really started to change some thing in my life and I am doing way better. Haven't had a panic attack in 2 years, I sleep 4-6 hours a night without any medication. 4 years ago I could walk into a crowded mall and I had no idea why my brain would go into one of these stress storms. You feel light headed, and just weird. What happens then is you start to self analyze and you get a little nervous and your body starts pumping adrenaline, and you can start sweating, get tingling in your hands or face, palpitations, etc.

The things I changed were pretty simple things really. First you have to know, that for whatever reason, you have something inside you that makes your brain produce these higher waves, and you have to do something about it. Medication is not the answer, trust me, trust me, trust me.

Some more recent studies have shown there is a link between anxiety and brain wave patterns. There are some things you can do to help with that but the main thing is that you have to realize, that the next level of anxiety, is you fearing that something physically bad is going to happen to you. This is when you mind tells the body to start creating adrenaline. You don't know that's what's going on so you start freaking out over that and it just creates more adrenaline. So the absolute first step in getting past your anxiety is to realize, nothing is wrong with you, when you start to stress (even though there isn't anything to really stress about) just realize that if you start to produce adrenaline, know that's what happening and it's a totally natural thing. If you know that, you can talk yourself down from it going to the next stage. People will tell you to take deeper breaths and all that but you body knows when you're trying to trick it. It doesn't work over night but you will get better at it. Just know that when these adrenaline episodes take place, you're fine, you're not dying. Palpitations are not a heart attack, their simply a sensation. Same with tingling hands or face, or warm flush skin, or dizziness. Their all sensations.

Secondly I would go have your vitamin levels checked. Being low on vitamin D will definitely help create anxiety. I was very low on my vitamin D. If you are, you will take a supplement for 3 months because that's how long it takes for your liver to store enough to change your levels.

Get out in the sun every day. Not only will this help with creating vitamin D in your body but it also helps with sleep. Most people think that your body makes melatonin when the sun goes down and it gets dark, which is half right. But being out in the sun also is part of the melatonin production process.

Strenuous work out. Razor hit the nail on the head with this one. I can't emphasize enough how much this really helps. And it can't be just mild exercise. You really have to get after it. It will suck at first. Especially if your sleeping habits, like mine, were shot. You just don't feel like doing jack **** the next day. But force yourself. I can't tell you how many times I slept 1 or 2 hours and did not feel I could even fuction the next day but I would go hike and after 10 minutes of hiking it made me feel so alert and gave me energy. I started off with 30 minute hikes and now I'm up to an hour and a half every day. I also now lift weights for 30 minutes every other day. This is so important. You have to really get after it, to the point where you feel exhausted. This is a great test, and I did this 2 years ago. I would go to a mall or grocery store and I could feel my stress storm coming on. I would leave the store, go work out for an hour and I would be shot when I was done. Took a shower and went back to that same store and I was perfectly fine.

Ok, so the last thing I would say is this. Stay away from stimulants for awhile (coffee, tea, nicotine). When you want to go to bed, leave the PC and TV alone for an hour prior to that, go outside and walk for 20 minutes in the dark. When you want to wake up, first thing you do is go outside for 20 minutes and walk in the light. Go to bed and wake up the same time every single damn day for 3 weeks.

Sorry, left one thing out, you can do a journal or write stuff down. That helps some people but what I found to be a key source is goal setting. Sometimes you feel as if you're just drifting in life and there's no real direction. You have a job, a wife or girlfriend, whatever. But how do all these things fit into your "LIFE GOAL". What do you want from life and how will you go about getting it. This has helped me out so much.

Then just realize this all takes time. You want it to happen over night but it won't, I can tell you that much. But when you understand that, and understand you will have set backs, but you keep your march going forward no matter what, you start having those good days, and then more of those good days, then good weeks, and so forth. When you create your goals, work towards them. So for some people, they may have stressful times in their life, but for some of us, hardcore anxiety was so seriously brutal, you thought you were going crazy. If that's you, get serious about it, change your life or it will take over your life. Life doesn't change on it's own, you have to make it change.

Good luck and PM me anytime if you want more answers or if you just need an ear.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Anxiety is, for some of us, a part of our life. I've had it every since my early 20's. I've had it extreme style in spurts, panic attacks and social phobias, and so forth. What's frustrating is you don't know why in the hell you feel that way. I just sort of dealt with it and then it starting taking over my life as I really wanted to just ignore it. I could not sleep a wink and had to go on Ambien/Lunesta. After several years on those, I could literally feel that I had lost the ability to remember many things and that's from long term use of those drugs. Stay away from them. You may feel crappy from not sleeping well but in the long run you're better off. And I've tried all the natural stuff such as L-Theanine, Motherswort, Passion Flower, Lavender Pills, you frickin name it I've tried it.

I think Razor gave some good advice. In the last few years I really started to change some thing in my life and I am doing way better. Haven't had a panic attack in 2 years, I sleep 4-6 hours a night without any medication. 4 years ago I could walk into a crowded mall and I had no idea why my brain would go into one of these stress storms. You feel light headed, and just weird. What happens then is you start to self analyze and you get a little nervous and your body starts pumping adrenaline, and you can start sweating, get tingling in your hands or face, palpitations, etc.

The things I changed were pretty simple things really. First you have to know, that for whatever reason, you have something inside you that makes your brain produce these higher waves, and you have to do something about it. Medication is not the answer, trust me, trust me, trust me.

Some more recent studies have shown there is a link between anxiety and brain wave patterns. There are some things you can do to help with that but the main thing is that you have to realize, that the next level of anxiety, is you fearing that something physically bad is going to happen to you. This is when you mind tells the body to start creating adrenaline. You don't know that's what's going on so you start freaking out over that and it just creates more adrenaline. So the absolute first step in getting past your anxiety is to realize, nothing is wrong with you, when you start to stress (even though there isn't anything to really stress about) just realize that if you start to produce adrenaline, know that's what happening and it's a totally natural thing. If you know that, you can talk yourself down from it going to the next stage. People will tell you to take deeper breaths and all that but you body knows when you're trying to trick it. It doesn't work over night but you will get better at it. Just know that when these adrenaline episodes take place, you're fine, you're not dying. Palpitations are not a heart attack, their simply a sensation. Same with tingling hands or face, or warm flush skin, or dizziness. Their all sensations.

Secondly I would go have your vitamin levels checked. Being low on vitamin D will definitely help create anxiety. I was very low on my vitamin D. If you are, you will take a supplement for 3 months because that's how long it takes for your liver to store enough to change your levels.

Get out in the sun every day. Not only will this help with creating vitamin D in your body but it also helps with sleep. Most people think that your body makes melatonin when the sun goes down and it gets dark, which is half right. But being out in the sun also is part of the melatonin production process.

Strenuous work out. Razor hit the nail on the head with this one. I can't emphasize enough how much this really helps. And it can't be just mild exercise. You really have to get after it. It will suck at first. Especially if your sleeping habits, like mine, were shot. You just don't feel like doing jack **** the next day. But force yourself. I can't tell you how many times I slept 1 or 2 hours and did not feel I could even fuction the next day but I would go hike and after 10 minutes of hiking it made me feel so alert and gave me energy. I started off with 30 minute hikes and now I'm up to an hour and a half every day. I also now lift weights for 30 minutes every other day. This is so important. You have to really get after it, to the point where you feel exhausted. This is a great test, and I did this 2 years ago. I would go to a mall or grocery store and I could feel my stress storm coming on. I would leave the store, go work out for an hour and I would be shot when I was done. Took a shower and went back to that same store and I was perfectly fine.

Ok, so the last thing I would say is this. Stay away from stimulants for awhile (coffee, tea, nicotine). When you want to go to bed, leave the PC and TV alone for an hour prior to that, go outside and walk for 20 minutes in the dark. When you want to wake up, first thing you do is go outside for 20 minutes and walk in the light. Go to bed and wake up the same time every single damn day for 3 weeks.

Sorry, left one thing out, you can do a journal or write stuff down. That helps some people but what I found to be a key source is goal setting. Sometimes you feel as if you're just drifting in life and there's no real direction. You have a job, a wife or girlfriend, whatever. But how do all these things fit into your "LIFE GOAL". What do you want from life and how will you go about getting it. This has helped me out so much.

Then just realize this all takes time. You want it to happen over night but it won't, I can tell you that much. But when you understand that, and understand you will have set backs, but you keep your march going forward no matter what, you start having those good days, and then more of those good days, then good weeks, and so forth. When you create your goals, work towards them. So for some people, they may have stressful times in their life, but for some of us, hardcore anxiety was so seriously brutal, you thought you were going crazy. If that's you, get serious about it, change your life or it will take over your life. Life doesn't change on it's own, you have to make it change.

Good luck and PM me anytime if you want more answers or if you just need an ear.
A ton of good advice here. Zona is right. Most medication is at best a short term solution. It may dull symptoms temporarily, it may allow you to deal with short term stressers like tests, but there isn't a pill that will fix it.

Blood work/testing is a must. I also had low Vitamin D levels. Also get your total and free testosterone checked (especially if you're 30 +).

Goal setting is a priority. As is time management. Imo, excessive time online is bad for anxiety as well. Honestly, spending too much idle time on the Internet has affected my anxiety levels. I.E. I'm spending too much time on the Internet instead of doing x, y, z. Something I'm still working on today. Guilt and anxiety are often tied together too. Anxiety can often come from creating artificial deadlines to accomplish things and irrational guilt when you do not meet the artificial deadline you've set for yourself. Recognizing the process of when you are building up irrational fear and verbalizing that it is irrational has worked for me as well.

Good luck and feel free to PM me as well.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
bombay
Ring of Famer

Sometimes I have that 3 AM thing where you wake up with a kind of free-floating anxiety that will attach itself to anything.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

This is a great song to listen to when you feel anxious.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

one word: stress

I think due to the nature of your profession (which you've discussed in other threads) I can see you being under much stress.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Tons of great advice so not going to really repeat it.

The journal is an awesome thing though. May seem cheesy or something that a kid does, but it really helps. Just be true to yourself at it at all costs.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

I have pretty severe anxiety, runs in my family. Mine is mostly focused on interaction with other people.

I've yet to find a way to make it disappear, but super intense exercise relieves it a bit. I just really discovered that in the past 6 months, and I've lost 30+ pounds since.

I try to manage it without taking meds, I've seen first hand what they can do to a person.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:

I have had panic attacks since I was a teenager and it crippling at times.
I would never have them in public it would just sneak up on my when alone and would start thinking about something I shouldn't be and BOOM I'd be in trouble.

Sometimes it would be so bad I would about hyperventilate and pass out.

I had always thought there is noway a doctor or a shrink could help you with a fear/thought but my girlfriend finally talked me into going to the doctor about it and it was life changing. 10mg of lexapro later and I haven't had a panic attack in 2 years and at 38 years old finally aint on egg shells.

As someone who totally drugs for this type of thing I learned if used the right way it can really be helpful.

Hang in there Rugby ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I have had panic attacks since I was a teenager and it crippling at times.
I would never have them in public it would just sneak up on my when alone and would start thinking about something I shouldn't be and BOOM I'd be in trouble.

Sometimes it would be so bad I would about hyperventilate and pass out.

I had always thought there is noway a doctor or a shrink could help you with a fear/thought but my girlfriend finally talked me into going to the doctor about it and it was life changing. 10mg of lexapro later and I haven't had a panic attack in 2 years and at 38 years old finally aint on egg shells.

As someone who totally drugs for this type of thing I learned if used the right way it can really be helpful.

Hang in there Rugby ...
Glad you found something that is working for you TD. But be careful mate. What your taking is not a cure. It does have it's own side affects and sometimes the longer you take something the more damage it can do. And doctors, even though they are good hearted folks, aren't really out to help you find a natural solution. It's in their best interest to get your on a medication. I often think at how many times I've seen a doctor for various things and more times then not, before having me try something natural, they will be writing a prescription. Sometimes people need these drugs, as you are taking, to help them get to the point where they feel they can start making changes. And that's fine. But I would suggest to you, have a plan. Make a plan that makes the changes in your life you need, and a plan to get off the drugs. Please don't accept that you are going to need to take these the rest of your life. I'm not trying to say what's right for you but I'll trust scientific studies that show the long term problems people have with these drugs over what a medical doctor tells me simply because they're all about writing prescriptions. The more they write the more money the make.

Just watch - http://healthisahabit.wordpress.com/...-drugs-to-you/

Last edited by ZONA; 06-22-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Wasn't there a poster here that had his therapist tell him to stay away from the Mane for like 6 months? Rings a bell.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Another thing is that, just like in life, different things work for different people. I've been a part of anxiety discussion groups before and have heard many different people talk about what works for them and what doesn't. There are some common things that seem to work, at least to some degree, for most people and then there are a whole host of things that seem to be hit or miss, just depends on you and your situation. But the one thing hard core anxiety will force you to do is to start looking for answers. There's just no magic pill. You have to deal with that. The medications, and I mean all of them, have their own side affects and it's only a matter of time before you would have to increase dosage, and then the side affects get even worse. I don't know how many times I've heard from people who have went on the benzo's tell me they got to the point where the side affects got worse then having to actually deal with the anxiety itself. Same with the depression drugs, tons of side affects, not worth it. But keep trying things, you never know what might work for you. But make sure you give yourself enough time trying it. Most things that help your anxiety you won't even notice their affects for several weeks, maybe even several months.

I'm with Razor on this one. For me, spending too much time on a PC is not good. Sometimes I would be on a PC for 14 hours a day, for months. Your brain is just on overload. My mother would often tell me, so many people today have anxiety because they just sit down at a computer all day, and a couch all night and eat nothing but garbage. Back in my day, she would say, we had to work with our hands and body's, lifting and carrying things. Anybody ever heard of that saying "hard work is good for the soul", well it's good for the mind also.

And for god sake, treat yourself. I used to NEVER do that. I was always so worried about spending money. Would never take a vacation. Would never go get a massage (I always thought that was for sissy men). Well call me a sissy then because now I get one every week. Just get a note from your doctor that you suffer from anxiety disorder and you can write them off on your taxes. There, now you can get them for free so no need to worry about it. And now I also get away on mini vacations every month. I'll go drive a few hours away somewhere out of town for 2 days. I find, that for me, changing the scenery really helps. Looking at the same old crap every day, you need to get away.

Anyway great discussion. I always enjoy to hear encouraging and positive thoughts on how people have dealt with their anxiety.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
B-Large

I just typed half my life on a reply and my phone did a screwy and it is gone... I will rewrite later at the computer... Annoying...
Old 06-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

As some have stated I get anxiety during periods of stressf. The night before bug meetings I get all the symptoms of anxiety. I even suffered panic attacks in some instances. I had a brief spell of panic attacks that required medication but I do not take anyone now. I am not against mess as I think they work when used right, I just don't need them anymore.

The best thing I can say is recognizing and accepting that you have it is great. The diary thing is good too. I kept notes of when they occurred and the condition I was in and the environment. Tracking that helped me recognize what situations to expect them. I also track what works to reduce the impacts. You won't ever be fully cured of anxiety but you can find tools to cope. Tracking the ones that work best helps you figure it out more quickly.

Anxiety can definitely feel debilitating sometimes. Hope it gets better for you and you find the solution that works best for you sooner rather than later. It isn't fun.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Only time I get anxious is if I have to speak in front of a huge group of people I dont know. That made the public speaking class I took a few years back a horrible experience. Speak for 5 minutes...I can talk all day. Just not when its about a boring topic to bored people. Nope.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #25
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Major props to AZ and the others for their hard-earned insight.

In November of 2011, I got slammed with a sudden onset of the most horrendous, continuous wave of anxiety attacks. Spent the worst 6 weeks of my life pretty much in bed or around the house, constantly battling strong symptoms. Even woke up in the middle of the night in mid attack a few times, oh man that was the absolutely scariest.

It has been a struggle but I've gotten through the worst of it and am doing better these days.

Wish I had time to write out a longer post, wrong time but alas.

I echo the comments about exercise and living well. An improved diet and new found love of hiking with my dog (btw getting a dog was huge for me personally, totally got me up and going and the loving mutual care part of it was helpful too) has eased the panic attacks greatly. Of course, kicking my cig and pot habit didn't hurt either haha. Still have work left to do but I'll say this: maybe it's not true for all, but for me at least, I think the panic attacks were my subconscious screaming at me and punishing me for not living WELL.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote