The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Best Remaining NFL Free Agents

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...raham/2431527/

#1 is John Abraham: best fit, Denver
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Have Phillips play DE and LB and have Abraham compete with Ayers at DE.... Could happen. Sure would be crowded though.

I'm not a big Abraham guy but could he help the team?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm guessing Abraham is still asking for too much money. At this point he's probably hoping a team loses their top pass rusher in TC and overpays him amidst their panic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Pffft. Who reads USA Today?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Pffft. Who reads USA Today?
my buddy works there and I joke him on that all the time. Airports and Hotels are the biggest revenue churner for them....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Pffft. Who reads USA Today?
Third most widely circulated newspaper in the country.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Third most widely circulated newspaper in the country.
Just wait, soon enough he will enlighten us on the superior periodical that he reads.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #8
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,015
Default

I think I'd rather have Seymour than Abraham.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think I'd rather have Seymour than Abraham.
Sign em both. I'm sure they'd like to be on the invincible team anyway.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think I'd rather have Seymour than Abraham.
Both still want too much money. Semour was all but headed to the Falcons but he wanted too much.

I think both these guys, will definitely hold out until TC nears ends and there are some injuries and they could land those openings and get paid more.

I think we're set. Ayers in a contract year will be as good if not better then either of those guys.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I dont want us to bring in anymore washed up vets. I want to see Wolfe flourish into a 10 sack player for ua this year. I think his peek is in the 12 sack a year range which is great for a white guy. Von says he thinks he took around 4 sacks last year from wolfe so that would have netted him at 10 as a rookie de/dt . Man i love the way were building this team . We finaly got big in the trenches were in the seattle seahawks mold. Wolfe and williams might blossom into the stud DTs as fans weve been yerning for since trevor pryce. I can see us being number one against the run next year for the fact that teams will have to pass to keep up but also ayers is great a the run. Lets not forget del rio coached him to defensive player of the senior ball . Im hoping ayers can put it all together this year realiatically 8 sacks would be a great year for him but im not holding my breath.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
I dont want us to bring in anymore washed up vets. I want to see Wolfe flourish into a 10 sack player for ua this year. I think his peek is in the 12 sack a year range which is great for a white guy. Von says he thinks he took around 4 sacks last year from wolfe so that would have netted him at 10 as a rookie de/dt . Man i love the way were building this team . We finaly got big in the trenches were in the seattle seahawks mold. Wolfe and williams might blossom into the stud DTs as fans weve been yerning for since trevor pryce. I can see us being number one against the run next year for the fact that teams will have to pass to keep up but also ayers is great a the run. Lets not forget del rio coached him to defensive player of the senior ball . Im hoping ayers can put it all together this year realiatically 8 sacks would be a great year for him but im not holding my breath.
lulz
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
I think his peek is in the 12 sack a year range which is great for a white guy.
I don't get why people say **** like this. Three of the top six all-time sack seasons belong to white guys, and arguably the best pass rusher in the league today is white.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't get why people say **** like this. Three of the top six all-time sack seasons belong to white guys, and arguably the best pass rusher in the league today is white.
I was being sarcastic dude . God damn u need to get a grip . I obvis have a man crush on wolfe throwing out numbers like that in which i think he can obtain
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
I was being sarcastic dude . God damn u need to get a grip . I obvis have a man crush on wolfe throwing out numbers like that in which i think he can obtain
Wolfe had more sacks his rookie year than J.J. Watt did, and was a much better pass rusher in college as well (this is not a prediction that he will ever be as good as Watt). I don't think your predictions are anything but realistic. Personally, I'll be very disappointed if Wolfe doesn't hit double digit sacks this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #16
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Also this list is terrible ... Idonije at 3? A fullback at 2? Seymore kherry rhodes and quinten mikell should be 2 3 and 4
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #17
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Also this list is terrible ... Idonije at 3? A fullback at 2? Seymore kherry rhodes and quinten mikell should be 2 3 and 4
Leach is not just any ol' fullback, but a player that ranked higher than PM, Von, and Champ on the NFL Top 100 last year.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Leach is not just any ol' fullback, but a player that ranked higher than PM, Von, and Champ on the NFL Top 100 last year.
Lol ....... He is and will always just be a fullback.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Lol ....... He is and will always just be a fullback.
That's all Howard Griffith was too, so what's your point?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
That's all Howard Griffith was too, so what's your point?
Yeah but Howard played in a system that a FB was used extensively. This system we have not it's not. Paying for a top FB makes NO sense at all.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Leach is not just any ol' fullback, but a player that ranked higher than PM, Von, and Champ on the NFL Top 100 last year.
Too bad we don't use fullbacks.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #22
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I loved the USA Today when I was traveling. Now with the internet it is kind outdated because they don't do a lot of in-depth reporting but a summation. With the internet they kinda lost their nitch.

I still like their sports section
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,907
Default

unless the broncos suffer an injury in TC, I don't see them making anymore additions
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #24
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

We're at the point where we'd have to sacrifice youth to get a FA like Abraham. The only point in getting him would be to have him fight Phillips for a roster spot. Phillips has no guaranteed money in his contract. So he could be released during cuts if he lost out.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,811
Default

honestly i want Leach the most on that list. Abraham overplayed his hand so far and wants too much money.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Denver Broncos