The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default gotta love elizabeth warren!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...federal-courts
Quote:
Here in Washington, power is not balanced,” Warren said on the opening day of the 2013 ACS Convention. “Instead, power is becoming more concentrated on one side. There are powerful, deep-pocketed corporate interests lined up to fight to protect their privilege and to resist any change that would limit corporate excesses.” [...]

“These big corporate interests are savvy,” Warren continued. “They fight every day on Capitol Hill and in the agencies, devoting enormous resources to the task of bending legislation to benefit themselves. But they also devote enormous resources toward influencing the courts.

“Why? Because they know that influencing those who interpret the law is another extremely effective way to achieve their goals. In our democracy, when we write our laws, reasoned debate, public opinion, and political accountability are all factors that can thwart the efforts of powerful interests.” [...]

“Follow this pro-business trend to its logical conclusion, and sooner or later you'll end up with a Supreme Court that functions as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chamber of Commerce,” Warren said.
Now,if we can just get the rest of congress & the president to realize this.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...federal-courts

Now,if we can just get the rest of congress & the president to realize this.
Until we have public funded elections and exclude the corporations and others from pouring in millions, our politicians remain bought and paid for.

Our politics have become a 'third world' model of open bribes and corruption with a foreign policy dictated by the military industrial complex.

We urgently need campaign finance reform just to get the ball rolling.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Until we have public funded elections and exclude the corporations and others from pouring in millions, our politicians remain bought and paid for.

Our politics have become a 'third world' model of open bribes and corruption with a foreign policy dictated by the military industrial complex.

Corporations are people, my friend.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:

Government funded elections...where by the powers that be get to select our candidates for us to a higher degree than they already do? NO THANKS.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Taxpayer funded elections...where by the powers that be get to select our candidates for us to a higher degree than they already do? NO THANKS.
So politicians being accountable to all citizens is something you have a problem with?
You do realize the powers that be are you and I, it's a thing called elections,you don't like who represents you/runs government, vote them out.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So politicians being accountable to all citizens is something you have a problem with?
You do realize the powers that be are you and I, it's a thing called elections,you don't like who represents you/runs government, vote them out.
How cute.

He thinks the "powers that be" that "decide elections" are the government.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
How cute.

What's cuter is people thinking that all it takes for a government to be accountable is an election between government candidate A and government candidate B every now and again.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
How cute.

Who decides who gets access to the federal money for an election?

Is it a field of 64 like the NCAA B-ball tourney used to be?

or is it a regional election held by a FEW parties to field candidates in national election?

and how many parties will be supported by federal money?

Can we form an OrangeMane party and receive federal funds?

and how much of the federal money do we get? Is it evenly split among the candidates?

More government oversight of who gets access to lead in that government? NO THANKS.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Government funded elections...where by the powers that be get to select our candidates for us to a higher degree than they already do? NO THANKS.

Thank for the morning laugh.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

http://www.wolf-pac.com/
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
Yep, it's understood by many who are interested in the democratic process.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

“Follow this pro-business trend to its logical conclusion, and sooner or later you'll end up with a Supreme Court that functions as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chamber of Commerce,” Warren said.

And that is a hundred times more dangerous to this republic than Al Queda could ever hope to be.

We've got to run Elizabeth for president.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-15-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How does she feel about the Redskin name? I figure since she is part American indian she would have a thought on it. Oh thats right she lied about that!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How does she feel about the Redskin name? I figure since she is part American indian she would have a thought on it. Oh thats right she lied about that!
Shame on you for Denigrating our Nation's first duly elected Fake Native American Senator.

Anyway, its becoming clear why people like her want to do away with having to listen to business interests. They want as little interference for Leviathan as possible.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
touche'!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China.
We were discussing which one of the candidates is a liar and more fit for service right?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So what did gomez lie about Peace? We have ine big one proven for Warren. She claimed to be an Indian, and she wasn't. She lied about who she was and where she came from. meanwhile Gomez was defending our country as a Navy Seal.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

But biden and Obama both huge liars also so maybe that is what dems are looking for. Good liars.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

and yes i know she isn't running vs Gomez its just an example.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Big deal she mentioned corp influence. The problem is she is untrustworthy and dems have showed once in office its business as usual. So we no longer want to sit and hear about how they are different. Instead lets focus on other issues where they are different. Like tax policy and how much money they want to spend.

Corp influence to me is no more a problem then union influence but you don't see her talking about that. What that tells me is she wants to attack her opponents funding and leave hers in place. Whats funny though is the corp give and influence whoever wins so its all moot. She is lying when she says she wants to do anything about it. Just like she lied about being a native American.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I do believe corp influence is an issue. But I don't think Elizabeth Warren cares about it. She is a liar and just happens to think womens issues, guns, and talking about corp influence is the way to get elected. She is like the characters on Team America.

Errr corp influence, wall street bankers, Repub attack on women and I AM AN INDIAN PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The idea of public money only could only work for the last election between two people. Otherwise how do we sort through the 1000's of people would ask for public money.

The smart thing to do is attack contributions with a tax. Then send that money into the public fund which gets divided between the last men standing.

So in primary dems could fund dems to get the person they want onto the ticket. But then in the end the last fight done with public money. The tax would severly curtial a companies desire to throw money around IMO. It wouldn't have to be a big tax so it it would sound small, but be big. I am a low tax person but companies and unions throwing money around to get influence in DC is not my idea of trickle down low tax.

Attack behavoir you don't like, that isn't good for the country with a tax. Attack things that are good for us with super low taxes. Thats why i dont really dislike cigg tax, alcohol tax. But gas tax bothers me sometimes ya know? Because you have to buy gas and in calif its a joke.