The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Default Inevitable Thread About Prism Program

This is the thread for conservatives to b**** and moan about the Prism program which Obama masterminded in 2007.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
BroncoBeavis

I was told the choice between Security and Liberty was a false choice.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

edited by dhs
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

We use this at work...it's a marketing masterpiece.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

it doesn't matter when what started. Obama promised change. He ran on change and bringing hope back to the people when it came to their govt. In that even liberals have to admit he has failed big time.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
it doesn't matter when what started. Obama promised change. He ran on change and bringing hope back to the people when it came to their govt. In that even liberals have to admit he has failed big time.
come on dood, things are changing you just dont see it yet
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I know people are going excited and political spin is going to be overboard, but in reality it about some of your fellow Americans attempting to keep you safe. They were faced with a problem and very scary potential that there were individuals in country that were out to kill innocent people.

To solve that problem they turned to technology to solve that that problem, a major strategic and tactical advantage that we have over rest of the world. They used large scale data mining and big data techniques to notice patterns and outliers to narrow their focus and then go get legal authority to investigate. Something similar that Google, Amazon and large brick and mortar companies do all the time with our data lifestyles. (There is reason Google flashes certain ads to you)

This is how they caught the dude in Denver that was going to attempt to bomb the NYC subway system. The notice activity between a known terrorist email system and seldom used email account in the US. The NSA turned that information to the FBI and CIA to investigate and follow the legal process.

In world were your life is has unique data footprint, and anyone that has resources can build a profile of your life, this is loss of privacy you live with.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I know people are going excited and political spin is going to be overboard, but in reality it about some of your fellow Americans attempting to keep you safe. They were faced with a problem and very scary potential that there were individuals in country that were out to kill innocent people.

To solve that problem they turned to technology to solve that that problem, a major strategic and tactical advantage that we have over rest of the world. They used large scale data mining and big data techniques to notice patterns and outliers to narrow their focus and then go get legal authority to investigate. Something similar that Google, Amazon and large brick and mortar companies do all the time with our data lifestyles. (There is reason Google flashes certain ads to you)

This is how they caught the dude in Denver that was going to attempt to bomb the NYC subway system. The notice activity between a known terrorist email system and seldom used email account in the US. The NSA turned that information to the FBI and CIA to investigate and follow the legal process.

In world were your life is has unique data footprint, and anyone that has resources can build a profile of your life, this is loss of privacy you live with.
The 2006 Neocon convention called. They want their keynote speech back.

Anyway I've read this line a lot lately. That if you do something anyone anywhere can track then its the governments business to track all of it all the time. Combine this with the recent ****storm of abuses with the best government excuse being that its employees basically do whatever the hell they want and there's no longer any debate about whether this threatens civil liberty.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Do you admit how ominous and deadly this is? By a mere switch of emphasis, freedom could be crushed out.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Do you admit how ominous and deadly this is? By a mere switch of emphasis, freedom could be crushed out.
It's been infuriating to read some of the Bush-era apologizers coming out and saying how the policy itself isn't the scandal, just Obama's hypocrisy about it all. Essentially they're saying that the program is OK, so long as you can trust the guy in charge of it.

But that's total bull****. The entire bill of rights was written for defense against the guy you couldn't trust. Essentially they're using the same argument many use against the 2nd amendment in order to defend this intrusion.

And the scale of this is mindboggling. Virtually all Phone records. Major Networks. Financial Transactions. If this doesn't enrage the American People to some kind of action, there's little hope left for any of us.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milgram...bedience_study
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
The "banality of evil"...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Quote:

**** you, you are a jack boot Polock, not even an American. Elsid's ancestors were pulling Jews out of homes on lists made like these ones, of course he likes it.

Last edited by Obushma; 06-07-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
**** you, you are a jack boot Polock, not even an American. Elsid's ancestors were pulling Jews out of homes on lists made like these ones, of course he likes it.
I think it's time for you to take an involuntary vacation, scumbag.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #15
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

And on the 60th anniversary of the publication of 1984 tomorrow...how apropos. Whether you're a lib, conservative, both or neither, you'd best make the realization that you aren't as free as you may have thought.

When our government's web/net over its citizens makes China jealous, we've got a problem. Bush and Obama are identical, but then that's what some of us have been saying from the beginning and most of the others here have been disingenuously denying for years.

So what are you gonna do about it? Well, make sure to say hello to Big Brother in all your emails and phone calls, K?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Why is it that the constitution is a living thing that protects emails, phones calls and texts, yet the 2nd amendment only means muskets ?
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

What I don't understand is the surprise here. I mean, yes it's deplorable that our government has the ability to keep tabs on us, but...have we not been assuming this capability for years?

Let's forget about the fact that this has technically been in place since 2007. My brothers and a few friends and I have been playing games like Gulf Strike, Seventh Fleet, A Line in the Sand and a bunch of other Middle East military and political strategy games via email and bulletin boards since the early 90s. There was a lot of talk about jihad, the Muslim brotherhood, revolution, etc. and we always joked that we were on some list somewhere because of our topic of discussion.

That was 20 years ago.

I'm not saying I'm satisfied, and I'm not saying I support the police state. But come on guys, really? Why feign surprise at something anyone with half a brain has known has been going on for years?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Why is it that the constitution is a living thing that protects emails, phones calls and texts, yet the 2nd amendment only means muskets ?
Good point. Touche!

I think the main point I have about guns is that I'm worried about arming people who are stupid enough to follow empty headed ideologues like Bachmann and Palin while sucking up the insane rants of bozos like Glenn Beck. See the problem there?

It's fine to imagine upstanding, well educated and involved citizens owning firearms as a bulwark against tyranny. It's another thing when you're arming morons.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Obama: "I don't welcome leaks, because there's a reason why these programs are classified."

Two seconds earlier: "I welcome this debate."

If he's up for a debate, how is that possible with a secret program, exactly?

Schmuck.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Obama: "I don't welcome leaks, because there's a reason why these programs are classified."

Two seconds earlier: "I welcome this debate."

If he's up for a debate, how is that possible with a secret program, exactly?

Schmuck.
"The war on Terror is Over. Now I'm just collecting all your **** for fun"
Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's fine to imagine upstanding, well educated and involved citizens owning firearms as a bulwark against tyranny. It's another thing when you're arming morons.
This is exactly how we think every time we send the federal government out with a new regulatory mandate.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This is exactly how we think every time we send the federal government out with a new regulatory mandate.
All you've got to do is read the news every day. Some of these people aren't competent enough to operate a screwdriver. And we're giving them AKs.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
All you've got to do is read the news every day. Some of these people aren't competent enough to operate a screwdriver. And we're giving them AKs.
And federal jobs.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Good point. Touche!

I think the main point I have about guns is that I'm worried about arming people who are stupid enough to follow empty headed ideologues like Bachmann and Palin while sucking up the insane rants of bozos like Glenn Beck. See the problem there?

You could just as easy as arm someone with a computer or pen and put out **** that would make yellow journalism of the Spanish American War look like a spit wad fight. As said before, "The pen is mightier than the sword".
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-07-2013 at 10:59 AM..