The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Demaryius Thomas ranked #68 on NFLN top #100 of 2012

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...a-Owen-Daniels

Not sure how to imbed vids but here is the link. I would expect him to break the top 40 after this year.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Even though Welker should open up more 1 on 1s it will probably still be harder to put up the #s he did last year with Wes around to the distribute the ball to as well.

...and we won't pass too often after we're up by 40.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

If the ranking goes off of last year, I don't see how D. Bowe was ranked higher. (even if it was only a couple of spots)
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
If the ranking goes off of last year, I don't see how D. Bowe was ranked higher. (even if it was only a couple of spots)
Thomas had a better QB,a lot better QB actually. They probably took that into account.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

He's going to put up some monster numbers in the red zone with Welker on the team. He'll jump into the top 50 or higher next year.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I honestly think he's ranked too low...oh well
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
He's only had one great year, and that was with a guy who has a history of making receivers look good.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He's only had one great year, and that was with a guy who has a history of making receivers look good.
Well he didn't really have anybody worth a damn throwing to him his rookie year, and he was injured. The year after that it was the same thing but halfway through the year we went to a college option offense. I don't think him having a great season last year was all on Manning. Hard to make plays as a WR in this league if you don't have somebody decent to great throwing you the ball. Which he didn't have his 1st 2 years. So let's give a little credit to DT shall we.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well he didn't really have anybody worth a damn throwing to him his rookie year, and he was injured. The year after that it was the same thing but halfway through the year we went to a college option offense. I don't think him having a great season last year was all on Manning. Hard to make plays as a WR in this league if you don't have somebody decent to great throwing you the ball. Which he didn't have his 1st 2 years. So let's give a little credit to DT shall we.
Not the point. One year of pro-bowl level production just isn't going to raise a guy as high as some might want on a list like this.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You evidently forget his performance the last 5 weeks of 2011 and the postseason with a guy who has a history of making WR's look like crap.

He'll continue to develop into a very good WR that will be a match-up nightmare for opposing DB's
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.
now now, he's not a punt protector. he's "a football player"
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
now now, he's not a punt protector. he's "an unemployed football player"
FIFY
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

...and had he been 100% healthy
Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
In the handful of games they got to start together (because Thomas was perennially injured) DT put up the best game of his career as well as the third best game of his career with Tebow throwing to him.

So excuse me while I roll my eyes.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
In the handful of games they got to start together (because Thomas was perennially injured) DT put up the best game of his career as well as the third best game of his career with Tebow throwing to him.

So excuse me while I roll my eyes.

I see you're still butthurt by Tebow being punted to the Jets when Manning signed with Broncos

Sure he had 204 yards in wildcard game and 144 vs. Vikes, but let's put it in perspective....Vikings couldn't cover me, let alone a beast like DT....and the Steelers constantly had 9 guys in the box and his career high with Tebow was 7 catches twice......

with Manning he had 9-135, 9-102-1TD, 8-99-2TD's, 9-180, 7-122-1TD, 7-137-1TD not to mention his 5-110-1TD game vs. Steelers in home opener

which means his having big games was more the rule with Manning and the exception with Tebow. Seems to me had he remained healthy and had a good QB, he would be ranked higher.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

where is the list of 100
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
NorCalBronco7

These rankings seem to kind of follow John Foxs understanding of the Pro Bowl......its takes you a year to get in and a year to get out.

DT should be much higher imo, but hes still a pup.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #19
extralife
Ring of Famer

the entire list is ridiculous. when people start making arguments that awards and such are meaningless because players don't vote on them, direct them to these lists. they're terrible. taken as a whole, the players are idiots.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
the entire list is ridiculous. when people start making arguments that awards and such are meaningless because players don't vote on them, direct them to these lists. they're terrible. taken as a whole, the players are idiots.
i think they've been pretty accurate the times they've done them.
just because fans rank a player highly doesn't mean the people who play with and against them do.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
extralife
Ring of Famer

You're right, I guess that Jacoby Jones is better than Percy Harvin, Bernard Pollard is a top five safety (at least) while Dashon Goldson is not, Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis are both better than Cameron Wake, there are only 6 good offensive linemen in the NFL, Trent Richardson lol, etc. etc.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
Tim

I really enjoy watching any kind of nfl rankings show and I'm glad DT is on it this year, I think he'll be the first of champ,clady, welker, Von, and Peyton on he list. If champ isn't on next Thursday his chances are swindling though.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
Tim

For those of you without cable,

Champ bailey #53 on tonight's show 60-51
Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Welker won't cut into DT or Deckers targets one bit. Stokley and Tamme had about 90 balls between them. Those balls are now mostly Welkers. Instead a 4 man passing attack Broncos will be going more with a 3 man attack. Thats good though it makes us better at the LOS. If anything maybe we run a bit more but I don't think Welker there to change anything that happens outside with Decker and Thomas. They are turning into a fine tuned duo and when that happens look out. People don't think WR need chemistry with each other but that isn't true. Its not as important as guys on defense obviouse, or the oline but still when they reach a high level together it can be something special. Welker is the perfect guy. Think about it we don't have to subsitute and defenses want to. Tamme is out, Dressen is in. Stokely is out Welker is in. Dressen is now the number TE and there to mostly block and help out the pass protection/run game. Seriously we could get people on the field then just attack them no huddle. Teams trying to subsitute would be screwed. IMO rotating Dressen/Tamme/Stokley made that tougher. Its easy now especially if a RB can pass block and stay healthy at the same time. Hell probably 1000 yrds there for even a scrub runner who is tough, can block, and get the yards when defense occupied stopping our WR.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I still get a kick out of this....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-on-final-play

being ranked ahead of this...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...batic-TD-catch
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote