The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default Margus Hunt, If you don't know, now you know....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_W8nWToM8
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

He reminds me of JJ Watt and Jared Allen and Ed McCaffrey
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OR
Posts: 2,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
He reminds me of JJ Watt and Jared Allen and Ed McCaffrey
Really

For me I get a lot of Justin Smith and Wolfe. But mostly he reminds me of Decker or Welker.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
loves haters & trolls

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,241
Default

please NO ... 100x NO PASS

Last edited by i4jelway7; 04-26-2013 at 10:58 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,892
Default

As someone pointed out on BF, he is a 3 year project to be able to be regular DE in the NFL. And at that time he will be 30 years old. Great athlete, poor football player.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
As someone pointed out on BF, he is a 3 year project to be able to be regular DE in the NFL. And at that time he will be 30 years old. Great athlete, poor football player.
He is 25 right now!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

ok i know this may be super nit picky, but was he never taught to wrap and hit low?? everything was high, that wont fly in NFL, not too mention he was dangerously close to blows to the head on quite a few of those.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

No no no no no. A thousand times NO!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,301

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Not sure why the above posters are so down on Margus Hunt -- his athletic ability is unusual in the extreme. It's not a Mike Mamula thing -- his bizarre length and strength make him a prototypical 3-4 defensive end, at worst.

If he were available for the Broncos at 56, it would be hard to justify NOT taking him.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Not sure why the above posters are so down on Margus Hunt -- his athletic ability is unusual in the extreme. It's not a Mike Mamula thing -- his bizarre length and strength make him a prototypical 3-4 defensive end, at worst.

If he were available for the Broncos at 56, it would be hard to justify NOT taking him.
at 56 maybe i seen alot calling for him at 28 or trading down for him. I like Sly pick much better
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Not sure why the above posters are so down on Margus Hunt -- his athletic ability is unusual in the extreme. It's not a Mike Mamula thing -- his bizarre length and strength make him a prototypical 3-4 defensive end, at worst.

If he were available for the Broncos at 56, it would be hard to justify NOT taking him.
It would be very hard to take an unpolished older draftee at that point. He is 4th rounder type of player - shows skill sets to play in NFL, but very raw and needs coaching.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,124

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Not sure why the above posters are so down on Margus Hunt -- his athletic ability is unusual in the extreme. It's not a Mike Mamula thing -- his bizarre length and strength make him a prototypical 3-4 defensive end, at worst.

If he were available for the Broncos at 56, it would be hard to justify NOT taking him.
The kid has no instincts, lacks any real technique, and is slow to read his keys. This is a physical freak, with no mentality to play football. And by the time he gets it, he will be almost 30, 29 for real, and done with his contract.

Why would you waste a second rounder in this draft on a kid like that? Because all he is going to do is take a roster spot next year, and most likely the one after that. No way I pull the trigger on that kind of kid with all the deep talent available in tonights selections. NO WAY.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,534

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The kid has no instincts, lacks any real technique, and is slow to read his keys. This is a physical freak, with no mentality to play football. And by the time he gets it, he will be almost 30, 29 for real, and done with his contract.

Why would you waste a second rounder in this draft on a kid like that? Because all he is going to do is take a roster spot next year, and most likely the one after that. No way I pull the trigger on that kind of kid with all the deep talent available in tonights selections. NO WAY.
Sounds like an older Jarvis Moss.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

NCAA record for blocked kicks. Just sayin if hes there in the 4th or maybe even 3rd he would be worth a look
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway 4 Life View Post
NCAA record for blocked kicks. Just sayin if hes there in the 4th or maybe even 3rd he would be worth a look
How many guys have we drafted that used blocked kicks as a highlight? I thought I at least remember Jarvis Moss and Marcus Thomas had highlights of blocked kicks. Where did that get us?

In the NFL, it seems that kicks are blocked most often by Safeties burning unblocked from the edge, rather than the tall guys in the middle. It does happen, but hardly worth drafting for.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer
 
outdoor_miner's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
How many guys have we drafted that used blocked kicks as a highlight? I thought I at least remember Jarvis Moss and Marcus Thomas had highlights of blocked kicks. Where did that get us?

In the NFL, it seems that kicks are blocked most often by Safeties burning unblocked from the edge, rather than the tall guys in the middle. It does happen, but hardly worth drafting for.
I know that Red Bryant is badass at blocking kicks in the middle. I live in Seattle and they make a big deal of it out here.

(not saying it's worth drafting that specific skill-set; just saying it exists)
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
I know that Red Bryant is badass at blocking kicks in the middle. I live in Seattle and they make a big deal of it out here.

(not saying it's worth drafting that specific skill-set; just saying it exists)
I present to you...... Jarvis Moss.

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,491
Default

if we can somehow manage to get him in the 3rd it would be awesome. i wouldn't mind him at #58 but i want to address SS or MLB first(yes i know they love Irving)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I hear he can fling that discus.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

He bears a striking resemblance to Michael Young with a little bit of Steve Russ and Brian Habib.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-26-2013 at 12:43 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Absolutely not interested.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

those are his highlights and he still looks like straight garbage.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,974
Default

lol dude is garbage

Waste of a pick in the top 3 rounds

Id take him in the 5th though
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

We dont need to block kicks considering the number of 4th down attempts we'll be facing this year when we're 100 points ahead.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Denver Broncos