The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Green list/Red list

The green list is a list I keep every year of guys I like, regardless of draft value and outside the top 32. The red List is guys I would not draft regardless of value.

Green List

1. Jamar Taylor
2. Cornelius Washington
3. DJ Swearinger
4. Jonathan Cyprien
5. Brandon Williams
6. Markus Wheaton
7. Arthur Brown
8. Aaron Dobson
9. Brian Schwenke
10. Chris Harper
11. Robert Alford
12. Dwayne Gratz
13. Phillip Thomas
14. Steve Williams
15. Stepfan Taylor
16. Trevardo Williams
17. Duke Williams
18. Quanterus Smith
19. Bennie Logan
20. BW Webb
21. Brandon Jenkins
22. David Quessenberry
23. Stansly Maponga
24. Michael Buchanon
25. Conner Vernon
26. Taverres King
27. Jeff Baca
28. Emmett Cleary
29. Vinston Painter
30. Earl Watford
31. Nicholas Williams
32. AJ Klein
33. Steve Beauharnais
34. Jake Knott
35. Micah Hyde

Red List

1. Margus Hunt
2. Will Davis
3. Tyrann Mathieu
4. Oday Aboushi
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

C'mon now, you are avoiding the big one.

What color do you classify T'eo?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
C'mon now, you are avoiding the big one.

What color do you classify T'eo?
Rainbow
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Rainbow
Not that there is anything wrong with that!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Top 32

In fact, Jamar Taylor is creeping into the top 32 of most boards as well.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Top 32

In fact, Jamar Taylor is creeping into the top 32 of most boards as well.
I've become pretty high on Taylor recently as well! I've been penciling him to the Pats. Hopefully we draft him though! Also I drafted half your red list so to you!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think mathieu will provide good value for a team. Seems like a straightforward guy and has been honest throughout the process, while staying clean. Everyone gets different vibes from different people but I get a 'matured' vibe from him. Marcus Thomas was able to dump pot after he was kicked out of florida, and I believe mathieu can keep his nose clean again. I'll be rooting for his success, as long as he doesn't end up with the patriots or another rival.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
I think mathieu will provide good value for a team. Seems like a straightforward guy and has been honest throughout the process, while staying clean. Everyone gets different vibes from different people but I get a 'matured' vibe from him. Marcus Thomas was able to dump pot after he was kicked out of florida, and I believe mathieu can keep his nose clean again. I'll be rooting for his success, as long as he doesn't end up with the patriots or another rival.

When the homeowners association of the place you live has to write a letter to your employer stating his place reeks of pot, you probably didn't quit.
Which probably explains his lack of motivation - the irony being thats its legal here now and he was last playing/ living in NY.
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,434
Default



bwhaha....that had to be a set up
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

My favorite three guys for this draft are Jamar Taylor, Jesse Williams or Arthur Brown. If the Broncos take any of those three, I'm definitely down wid it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,316
Default

I was asking a draft guru friend of mine at combine time if Taylor was a late 1st round pick whom I thought Denver would be looking at #28

He thought he was a 2nd round pick but with a good pro day could jump into the late first round

Compared him to Josh Robinson from last year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
3. Tyrann Mathieu
I think he turns green somewhere in the 3rd round. heh, there's a pun in there. but really, I think he's worth a shot in the 3rd and later assuming the team drafting him has strong locker room leadership, which in Denver seems to be the case
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I think he turns green somewhere in the 3rd round. heh, there's a pun in there. but really, I think he's worth a shot in the 3rd and later assuming the team drafting him has strong locker room leadership, which in Denver seems to be the case
He might pan out, but this class is deep as hell with solid CB's. Why take the risk?

Just like Jenkins last year, the kid has all the tools to play at a high level in the NFL. However, he has not proven he can handle the adversity yet. That is why he is off may list. I like Steve Williams in the slot better anyway.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
He might pan out, but this class is deep as hell with solid CB's. Why take the risk?

Just like Jenkins last year, the kid has all the tools to play at a high level in the NFL. However, he has not proven he can handle the adversity yet. That is why he is off may list. I like Steve Williams in the slot better anyway.
The real difference between Mathieu and Jenkins is that Jenkins showed a desire to grow and play, he made his mistakes, took his punishment and did what he had to do to play and grow. Mathieu sat around on his couch with his finger in his ass.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
He might pan out, but this class is deep as hell with solid CB's. Why take the risk?

Just like Jenkins last year, the kid has all the tools to play at a high level in the NFL. However, he has not proven he can handle the adversity yet. That is why he is off may list. I like Steve Williams in the slot better anyway.
At a certain point of the draft he'd definitely be worth the risk. He has the talent to be an elite nickle back and special teamer in the NFL. Maybe my 3rd round ranking is high to some but I think it would be a mistake to completely remove him from the board simply based on the fact he could be a game changer in 2 facets of the game. If he's a late rounder who doesn't pan out, big deal. Draft wisely and take high character players high in the draft and take your chances late with guys who can become high impact players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

The comparisons between Mathieu and Jenkins start and end with character and football instincts.

Their measurables are extremely different as well as the way they move and the way they play the position.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The comparisons between Mathieu and Jenkins start and end with character and football instincts.

Their measurables are extremely different as well as the way they move and the way they play the position.
Yes. I do not think they are similar players at all. However, they both are idiots in character. I did not want either player beacuse of that. However, like Pacman and Jenkins, Mathieu will play in the league and get plenty of chances based on his talent. That is the only real comparison and of course they all play CB.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

what is your top 32?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
Rmac15
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Sure hope the Broncos don't take Jamar Taylor, hasn't been a good defensive player to come out of Boise State in 10 years. Kyle Wilson was the same spot Taylor is now and look how that turned out, over matched in the NFL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
what is your top 32?
Here's my latest:

Code:
1	Luke Joeckel
2	Eric Fisher
3	Star Lotulelei
4	Lane Johnson
5	Jarvis Jones
6	Dion Jordan
7	Dee Milliner
8	Damontre Moore
9	DJ Hayden
10	Cordarelle Patterson
11	Kenny Vacarro
12	Sheldon Richardson
13	DJ Fluker
14	Desmond Trufant
15	Johnathan Cooper
16	Chance Warmack
17	Tyler Eifert
18	Xavier Rhodes
19	Cornellius Carradine
20	Kevin Minter
21	Sharrif Floyd
22	Tavon Austin
23	Eddie Lacy	
24	Ezekiel Ansah
25	Datone Jones
26	Barkevious Mingo
27	Justin Hunter
28	Geno Smith
29	Deandre Hopkins
30	Jamar Taylor
31	Johnathan Cyprien
32	Keenan Allen

Last edited by pricejj; 04-25-2013 at 12:45 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Not that this would happen, but why wouldnt you take Margus Hunt in thr 4th or 5th? He seems like a hard worker. I get the age component, but thats a lot of athletic ability to just simply eliminate from your board.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not that this would happen, but why wouldnt you take Margus Hunt in thr 4th or 5th? He seems like a hard worker. I get the age component, but thats a lot of athletic ability to just simply eliminate from your board.
Hunt will be a late 1st/early2nd.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night

Maaaaanti
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light

Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)

I loved you since I knew you
I wouldn't talk down to you
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy

I know my mind is made up
So put away your make up
Told you once I won't tell you again
It's a bad way

Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light

Maaaaanti (You don't have to put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night

Maaaaanti
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light

Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)

I loved you since I knew you
I wouldn't talk down to you
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy

I know my mind is made up
So put away your make up
Told you once I won't tell you again
It's a bad way

Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light
Maaaaanti
You don't have to put on the red light

Maaaaanti (You don't have to put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
Maaaaanti (Put on the red light)
I was thinking more Warren Zevon but then I have been on a Warren Zevon bender the last month

Hula Hula Boys

I saw Teo leave the luau
With the one who parked the cars
And the fat one from the swimming pool
They were swaying arm in arm
I could hear the ukuleles playing
Down by the sea
He's gone with the hula hula boys
he don't care about me
he's gone with the hula hula boys
he don't care about me
They're singing,

Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Yesterday he went to see
The Polynesian band
But he came home with his hair all wet
And his clothes all filled with sand
I didn't have to come to Maui
To be treated like a jerk
How do you think I feel
When I see the bellboys smirk?
And I can hear the ukuleles playing
Down by the sea
Teo's gone with the hula hula boys
He don't care about me
They're signing,

Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Last edited by broncosteven; 04-24-2013 at 08:46 PM..
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
Ziggy
Pro Bowler
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Noob

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 744
Default

I think Taylor, Cyprien, and Brown are all first round material.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Denver Broncos