The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Elway Draft Presser: 12 PM (MST) -- Official Broncos Draft PDF Release.

Hey guys,

John Elway will be doing the media pre-draft presser from Dove Valley today at 12:00 PM (MST). Also, here is the link to the team's draft release/publication for 2013. Has some great information!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Bmore Manning

So are they done their big board?

This is good stuff by the way!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
So are they done their big board?

This is good stuff by the way!
I guess we will find out when the presser starts. I got the dual screens up at work and I'm gonna be taking cliff notes as it goes and pass it on to you all. . .
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I guess we will find out when the presser starts. I got the dual screens up at work and I'm gonna be taking cliff notes as it goes and pass it on to you all. . .
Thank you bro!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Nice, Gradishar announcing the 2nd and 3rd round picks.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Nice, Gradishar announcing the 2nd and 3rd round picks.
I am pretty sure that a fan gets to announce the 2nd round pick too -- maybe along with him. Saw the Bud Light "announce a pick" contest on FB and applied for it. Lol.

Official Link To Live Stream of Elway Presser

You can hear media people whining about stuff.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the club’s all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the team’s second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the clubís all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the teamís second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool
It would be the perfect opportunity to say it is about time he got into the Hall of Fame.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Denver Broncos Ring of Fame LB Randy Gradishar, the clubís all-time leading tackler and seven-time Pro Bowler, will announce the teamís second- and third-round draft choices live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Friday, April 26.

cool
Still a crime he's not in the HOF. I guess the league is making it up to him by allowing him to announce a pick.

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lol. The journalist conversations are awesome.

"Sup girl, you look new here."

"Yeah, I just moved here from. . ."

Lol. Someone is hitting on a new reporter.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:

Then some guy talking about running (he thinks he maybe can currently run up to 4 miles!) and whether he could get in Boston qualifying shape this summer (lolz).
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Probably Woody Paige putting out the creepy old man vibe.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Hey guys,

John Elway will be doing the media pre-draft presser from Dove Valley today at 12:00 PM (MST). Also, here is the link to the team's draft release/publication for 2013. Has some great information!
Word up. Locked and loaded!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i didnt realize we took Elam in the 3rd ! woah

K Jason Elam Hawaii 1993 Rd. 3-70
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
i didnt realize we took Elam in the 3rd ! woah

K Jason Elam Hawaii 1993 Rd. 3-70
IIRC, someone on this board posted pictures of their Broncos Lair where they actually have the old phone that they used to call him when he was selected. Great piece of memorabilia. I wonder who that was. . .
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

"Is your plan to take BPA?"

Elway: Yes.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sorry guys, had a co-worker bother me and I just lost the last few questions. Just was asked about taking a running back early. Elway says the trend has bumped guys down, but references Richardson going high last year, but talked about Shanahan getting success with late-round guys. Says it's all about finding the right player to fit your scheme. Didn't really give a hint on if they'd take one early.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Sorry guys, had a co-worker bother me and I just lost the last few questions. Just was asked about taking a running back early. Elway says the trend has bumped guys down, but references Richardson going high last year, but talked about Shanahan getting success with late-round guys. Says it's all about finding the right player to fit your scheme. Didn't really give a hint on if they'd take one early.
Lol, pesky colleagues interrupting you during an important Bronco moment. Elway was on the radio with Nalen, about the only important thing he said was "You can't have too many good CB's, and you can't have too many good D linemen."

He talked a little bit about Ayers coming on strong late last year, mentioned Irving and Johnson as competing at MLB, mentioned bringing in some vets after the draft for leadership. Just general stuff, said he wasn't happy with the one and done in response to a question about what Manning said about being a little tougher this year. Said had a good "regular season, great year", but that's not good enough. Said he's open to anything at #28, called it a "fluid" situation. Said he would "absolutely" draft Geno Smith if he fell to #28, that was kind of a head-scratcher, maybe I heard it wrong.

He talked about drafting a QB as a possibility since "it's the most important position." He said they are not currently talking to Abraham or Freeney, "we're all about the draft right now."
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Lol, pesky colleagues interrupting you during an important Bronco moment. Elway was on the radio with Nalen, about the only important thing he said was "You can't have too many good CB's, and you can't have too many good D linemen."

He talked a little bit about Ayers coming on strong late last year, mentioned Irving and Johnson as competing at MLB, mentioned bringing in some vets after the draft for leadership. Just general stuff, said he wasn't happy with the one and done in response to a question about what Manning said about being a little tougher this year. Said had a good "regular season, great year", but that's not good enough. Said he's open to anything at #28, called it a "fluid" situation. Said he would "absolutely" draft Geno Smith if he fell to #28, that was kind of a head-scratcher, maybe I heard it wrong.
He talked about drafting a QB as a possibility since "it's the most important position." He said they are not currently talking to Abraham or Freeney, "we're all about the draft right now."
I think that its a faint to other teams. If Smith, Barkley or Manual fall to #28 team in the early part of second might be temped to trade up to grab their guy.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I think that its a faint to other teams. If Smith, Barkley or Manual fall to #28 team in the early part of second might be temped to trade up to grab their guy.
Ah, yeah. That 28 spot could be appealing, I think it always is for somebody. 25 and 31 sure got a lot of interest last year. Might be nice to get another 3rd rounder. Maybe get some better value for the 28 this year, I don't think they got much value with the trade downs last year.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Denver has never had more than 20-22 first round grades on players in the three years he has been a part of the process. He thinks this years draft lacks impact guys, but has great depth and good football players. Roughly the same number of first round grades as past few years. He feels they are going to get a good football player at #28.

Was asked if they feel they NEED to have a good back.

Says they have McGahee has the big guy, Hillman as the 190 speed guy. Did not mention Moreno or anyone else, but says those are the guys they have now and will see what happens in the draft.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #22
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Asked about character concerns with players.

Elway says there aren't really any perfect players, maybe a few perfect players. Wants to avoid having a divided locker room. It is real important for them to have a core group of guys in the locker room who can keep things in line. Personal character and how they fit into that dynamic is important.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Manning seems a lot more comfortable here after one year with the team. Less stressed, more relaxed.

A lot of good football players at defense ends, but moreover defensive lineman in this draft. Deeper than most years. Isn't sure if one of those guys is the BPA -- but if the time comes and he is there, they could. They want to find guys who will be 10 year guys in the NFL for the Broncos. Cannot afford to make mistakes with their first rounders.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Believes doing mock drafts is an important part of guessing on who will be there and they do it a lot. Talks about team disparity in grades. Will continue to do more of them over the next few days to get to scenarios where they can trade up, trade down. Want to have 4-5 players they are interested in by the time they are OTC or close to it. All about who is available. Compares mock draft to practice. Helps get a leg up.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Eric Decker came to Elway and told him about the reality TV show. Says he has his blessing. Elway said he knows from personal experience that marriage is a two way street and there is give and take.

Feels that their second rounders the past two years have been great selections. (Was asked if moving down for more would be ideal.)