The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,937
Default The Rumor Mill/Draft Tidbits

A little over a week before the draft, post draft rumors/tidbits in this thread.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 04-17-2013 at 04:03 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,937
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-him-at-no-4/

Lane Johnson thinks the Eagles like him at No. 4
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,937
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-ansahs-age/

Report: Teams wonder about Ansah’s age
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-ansahs-age/

Report: Teams wonder about Ansah’s age
There are people suggesting that he is closer to 28 then 24.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
There are people suggesting that he is closer to 28 then 24.
A regular occurence in football or (soccer) as it is known in your fair land from players from the African states. Hundreds of them were brought into Europe by agents with fake passports years ago and brought through youth systems at football clubs, many of whom were older than stated and it only showed in the latter years of their careers.

Last edited by eddie mac; 04-17-2013 at 06:04 PM..
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
A regular occurence in football or (soccer) as it is known in your fair land from players from the African states. Hundreds of them were brought into Europe by agents with fake passports years ago and brought through youth systems at football clubs, many of whom were older than stated and it only showed in the latter years of their careers.
Yeah I pretty much think every baseball player that comes from the Dominican Republic is about 5 years older then what they say because of that. Hell as a Dodgers fan I'm worried that Yasiel Puig is older then 21!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah I pretty much think every baseball player that comes from the Dominican Republic is about 5 years older then what they say because of that. Hell as a Dodgers fan I'm worried that Yasiel Puig is older then 21!
Off subject but Puig is disgustingly good. As a giants fan I don't like seeing depth on your team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,937
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...will-be-there/

Carradine to run for scouts on Saturday, and Niners will be there
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Broncos like Bell's Versatility.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I like Bell, his hands are surprisingly good.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
dear god please let this happen. i like this guy so much i would not mind spending a first on him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
dear god please let this happen. i like this guy so much i would not mind spending a first on him.
When you read his stats he sounds like Mike Anderson.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When you read his stats he sounds like Mike Anderson.
If we had a Mike Anderson type last season we'd have a new Lombardi.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
dear god please let this happen. i like this guy so much i would not mind spending a first on him.
If this happens I would go Requiem on the board.

The opinions of draft analysts vary widely on Bell, who left MSU as the seventh-leading rusher in school history despite playing only three seasons. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Bell will be drafted in the third or fourth round.

Joyner says Bell is overrated because while he gains a lot of yards after contact, he does so because he isn't fast enough to avoid contact.

"This showed up in the four games the Spartans played against teams that ended the season ranked in the top 25 in rushing yards allowed per game last season," Joyner writes. "In those contests, Bell carried the ball 89 times and gained only 332 yards, totals that equate to a mediocre 3.7 yards per carry."


From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2QqIv8pXV

I'm sure this is going to only get worse in the NFL.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
Ziggy
Pro Bowler
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Noob

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
"This showed up in the four games the Spartans played against teams that ended the season ranked in the top 25 in rushing yards allowed per game last season," Joyner writes. "In those contests, Bell carried the ball 89 times and gained only 332 yards, totals that equate to a mediocre 3.7 yards per carry."[/B]

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2QqIv8pXV

I'm sure this is going to only get worse in the NFL.
And you don't think that it might have something to do with the line that Bell was playing behind? They had injuries and lineup changes all year long. I'm not as big on Bell as most around here, but stats like that are worthless.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
And you don't think that it might have something to do with the line that Bell was playing behind? They had injuries and lineup changes all year long. I'm not as big on Bell as most around here, but stats like that are worthless.
when he doesn't do good it's the line, when he does do good it's all his awesomeness. I know how this works. He isn't a first round RB period and if we draft him in the first round I will flip the **** out. I have RBs I like better, still I have no real issue with drafting Bell in the right round.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
And you don't think that it might have something to do with the line that Bell was playing behind? They had injuries and lineup changes all year long. I'm not as big on Bell as most around here, but stats like that are worthless.
the line my ass. he's just not that good.
i watched enough Moo U nonsense to see him for his time at MSU.
in the 3rd round or later he's a good get, anything higher and you're asking for trouble.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If this happens I would go Requiem on the board.

The opinions of draft analysts vary widely on Bell, who left MSU as the seventh-leading rusher in school history despite playing only three seasons. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Bell will be drafted in the third or fourth round.

Joyner says Bell is overrated because while he gains a lot of yards after contact, he does so because he isn't fast enough to avoid contact.

"This showed up in the four games the Spartans played against teams that ended the season ranked in the top 25 in rushing yards allowed per game last season," Joyner writes. "In those contests, Bell carried the ball 89 times and gained only 332 yards, totals that equate to a mediocre 3.7 yards per carry."


From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2QqIv8pXV

I'm sure this is going to only get worse in the NFL.
Pretty damn idiotic analysis right there. Top 25 run defenses are going to hold most running backs to sub-par numbers, especially if they are running behind a mediocre line like Bell was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #20
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
That picture always makes me giggle....

Any chance I can join the MethWolfe Alliance as a Middle East Regional Scout?
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I love me some Derek Wolfe!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #22
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

There are too few mocks on here this year..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #23
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Le'Veon Bell or go to Hell. That is my 2013 NFL Draft Motto.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I love bell, but i like michael even more. About as strong, runs with a little more authority and a hell of a lot faster. However, put either on our team and I am happy
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Michael's attitude problems and injury history are concerning.

Considering there are 5 teams (at least as of right now) ahead of us who need a RB and have brought in Bell for a workout, I doubt he is going to last to our second round selection.

I expect Lacy to be the first off the board, unless a WCO team or someone like the Packers who need a RB like Bernard to go ahead of him. After that, he is easily the next in line to go. Unless a top prospect falls to Denver (or they have a high rated #1 guy on their board) I expect them to move out and get another pick or two.

The Denver Post reported that they didn't have a lot of first round grades last year, which is why they opted to move down.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Denver Broncos