The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Insurance exchanges to cost federal govt double Obama estimates. Now going to be 4.4 billion.

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/ob...n=widgetphase2

As a number of Republican governors continue to say “no” to Obamacare, the U.S. Health and Human Services Department (HHS) on Wednesday acknowledged that the president’s signature healthcare law is racking up twice the costs to set up the all-important insurance exchanges.

HHS more than doubled its previous cost estimate of $2 billion for the amount it expects to spend to help states set up insurance exchanges, which is a central component of Obamacare.

wow what a surprise repub govs don't want to pay for it. Amazing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Why don't the feds simply break up the health insurance cartels and also allow them to sell insurance across state lines? This would immediately drop prices. The second the feds got involved prices have started to go up and up.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

A drop in the bucket of government waste and incompetence.

Quote:
The Pentagon estimates that it could spend as much as $396 billion to buy 2,456 of the jets by the late 2030s. But the program, the most expensive in military history, has been plagued by cost overruns and delays, and it could easily become a target for budget cutters.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/bu...5-fighter.html
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
nyuk nyuk

It's okay, folks. We're being enlightened!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The f-35 program is a joke.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
BroncoBeavis

The next 8 months are going to make or break faith in big government in America. Can the federal government design something resembling what they promised with the ACA (and anywhere near budget) in that amount of time?

It'll be interesting to find out. But something about it has spectacular flameout written all over it.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The next 8 months are going to make or break faith in big government in America. Can the federal government design something resembling what they promised with the ACA (and anywhere near budget) in that amount of time?

It'll be interesting to find out. But something about it has spectacular flameout written all over it.
We'll see. But until the recent election the republican HC plan was to ignore the problem. I'd rather have our government try and fail than do nothing at all.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
We'll see. But until the recent election the republican HC plan was to ignore the problem. I'd rather have our government try and fail than do nothing at all.
Yoda would disagree with you.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The f-35 program is a joke.
Most all of the R&D funding to the military is an absolute joke. Why we felt the need to piss billions down our legs in the 1990s on the F-22 and associated aircraft when we already had **** tons more than other world powers was beyond me. Just dumb stuff.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Most all of the R&D funding to the military is an absolute joke. Why we felt the need to piss billions down our legs in the 1990s on the F-22 and associated aircraft when we already had **** tons more than other world powers was beyond me. Just dumb stuff.
They would have been better off just building more f-18 and f-16 which are still better then most countries can put out. Then keep the f-22's aside for if **** really hit the fan. But your right we didn't need the f-35 unless is came in like they said. A cheap fighter wear all the parts interchange IE all the services use them. Its not a bad idea. Who built that lockhead? they screwed the pooch on that one. The pooch being us I guess.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What upsets me is how they will spend millions on something then not even use it or build it. They need to be more like NASA and do more with less.

I am all for a strong military but i think they need to cut the spending or at least freeze it. Start forcing these military higher ups to more carefully plan out what new equipment they need. It seems like they just change their minds too much.

One thing we don't talk much about is the new destoryer. The one that costs as much as 10 regular destoryers. it got killed under Bush, brought back i think under Obama. They ordered I think 4 of them. These things are bad ass but cost 1 billion a piece i heard. I am a friggin hawk but unless they really plan on fighting China or Russia im not sure we need it. Makes you sort of wonder who they plan on having to fight needing all these jets and expensive ships.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I would have just said poor people go to hospitals and use emergency room. Hospitals write that **** off on your taxes. Doctors give them a student loan bailout. Healthcare reform done.