The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
canadianbroncosfan

Default It's all Over

Well I was banking on this whole Mayan thing in December and well gambled and lost. Now I have to go through with my commitment. In roughly 60 or so hours I'm taking the plunge and gettin' hitched.

And no Rev, she doesn't want me to move to Myrtle Beach after we're married, has both high school/post secondary education and a solid steady job.

Probably knew I had to marry this one when she got me a trip to Denver and row 11 tickets for the home opener in 2011 for my birthday that year.

Not likely, or actually flat out won't, to change anything at this point but any advice to keeping her happy (other than doing what I'm told) would certainly be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Congrats man

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Listen to her and don't tell her how to fix the issue. Women want someone to listen and that is all.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Listen to her and don't tell her how to fix the issue. Women want someone to listen and that is all.
Oh, but they will tell you how to fix YOUR issue!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Based on Baja's advice from the Myrtile Beach thread, I wouldn't listen to this.

Sorry Baja, I couldn't resist. Lol
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm curious on this as I am not married. Has the idea of getting a fake ring ever popped into you married folks' heads? I mean, it's not like she's gonna get it tested.. And if s*** did hit the fan when she went to get it pawned you'd probably get the last laugh. And I'm not talking like a complete fake, make it believable with some nice silver or some fake gold or something else nice. Random question..anyways- congrats there, boss.

Last edited by Rother8; 03-28-2013 at 12:44 AM..
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
I'm curious on this as I am not married. Has the idea of getting a fake ring ever popped into you married folks' heads? I mean, it's not like she's gonna get it tested.. And if s*** did hit the fan when she went to get it pawned you'd probably get the last laugh. And I'm not talking like a complete fake, make it believable with some nice silver or some fake gold or something else nice. Random question..anyways- congrats there, boss.
Yeah right. It's not like it was 50 years ago when a man picks out a ring and presents it. And if he does, the sentiment is appreciated but believe me, you'll be bringing it back and she will be picking out the ring she really wants.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #8
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
If diamonds are a girl's best friend, don't you think she would notice if her best friend was fake?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #9
Meck77

Quote:
A marriage based on deception at the exact moment you commit sounds like an outstanding idea!

Congrats Man!

All the best!

Last edited by Meck77; 03-28-2013 at 05:03 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
A marriage based on deception at the exact moment you commit sounds like an outstanding idea!

Congrats Man!

All the best!
I agree with Meck, always keep this in the dark about everything. No man should ever tell his skeezer how much he makes make.

Last edited by Bacchus; 03-28-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Don't need to get a fake, just get a real, yet man-made diamond. Fraction of the price and they are real diamonds (just not worth a whole lot). Tell her she can get 3x the size stone and all her friends will be jealous.

That said, she's going with you to pick out her ring, so good luck with that plan.

To the OP - congrats!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I've run across more and more people going to other gems besides diamonds, which I think is awesome. A gold ring is relatively cheap. It's the diamond that's *really* expensive (artificially so I might add).

You can get one impressive gemstone ring for a small amount of money.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Some great advice has been given. Pay attention, listen, etc.
The ring is a symbol to both of you of continuation and renewal.
Buy one that she likes, and you can afford and do NOT go into debt!
Money is one of the prime causes of arguments for couples.

I have one other bit of advice. All people change as they progress through their lives. Some of those changes will not be to one or another of your likes. You need to accept that the person you love and marry is variable AND WILL CHANGE, as will you.

For It to last, you have to accept the changes and learn to "love the one you are with". (But not in the sense of the song). Don't dwell on the small stuff and let it get under your skin, and remember that it takes two to do anything together ( including arguments). Don't stress about who is RIGHT.

Marriage takes work to stay together.

Good luck!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #14
ol#7

You have started down a path that many before you have followed and that can end only one way.

Regretting that you didnt stay single.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #15
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

My psychologist told me that women just want attention.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
This, a thousand times this, always this. When women have issues, and they will, what they want is for YOU to listen to their issues, sympathise with their issues, reinforce them in believing that the issues are not their fault and most of all they want you to NOT fix the issues.

Other than that just find a good balance of doing what she wants you to do and what you want to do. If you only do what she wants she will think you are boring and weak and if you only do what you want you are an a-hole, so find a good compromise.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
vbplaya
Rookie

Don't chew with your mouth full.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ

Quote:
^^^ this ^^^

Quote:
^^^ this ^^^

Quote:
^^^ and definitely this ^^^

I'm getting married in a year as well and one thing I learned was that if she comes home and starts talking about how bad her coworkers are ... she just wants to vent and she wants someone to listen. She's a grown woman and doesn't need you to fix it for her ... only listen to her.

Oh ... and make her scream in bed.
vbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #18
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Guide her toward female friends who have bums/garbage boyfriend/husbands or are alone all the time, this way she will always have continued external reminders of how lucky she is to have you.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Guide her toward female friends who have bums/garbage boyfriend/husbands or are alone all the time, this way she will always have continued external reminders of how lucky she is to have you.
This is evil genius right here.

It also introduces a metric **** ton of drama into your life.

Oh and congrats!
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
^^ This has worked incredibly well for me in my 12 years of marriage. On the flip side though, some of my friends have been more successful than me so it can come back to bite you as well.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Might be some of the best advice I've received, from anyone
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Yeah. Don't get your marraige advice from an internet sports forum.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Things women most care about. Not every woman is the same but these few things most women care deeply about.

#1 - Attention. This is the one thing women will not give an inch on. You start neglecting them or spending too much time with friends, or work, or whatever, and you're in trouble. You can put other things into this category such as listening, taking them out once in awhile but they all come down to just paying her attention.

#2 - Financial security. They want to feel safe and taken care of and that things are in order. Nobody says you have to be rich or make millions of dollars but live within your budget. Don't live like a king if you don't make bank like a king.

#3 - Don't be a push over. Women will test you all the time. Sorta like kids test their parents. You start being a wimpy push over and they lose interest. Don't have to be that bad biker guy with 20 tats and a rap sheet but just do some small things like order for her once in awhile. Tell her to wear something that you want her to wear. They'll act like they don't like this but inside they love the **** out of that stuff.

That's it. Good luck and congrats dude.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You are right, I am wrong, I am sorry.

The above line, learn it, live it, love it. If you look at her cheekbones when you say it, it appears you are looking her in the eye.

In all seriousness. When you look back on almost every argument you will have with your bride, you will realize how ridiculous they are. Try to remember that as you are having them. Easier said than done. Really if you communicate, you won't have too many problems

Congrats!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Congrats on getting married.

You know your woman better than we ever will. If she knows you well enough to buy tickets to Denver and a Broncos game, then you should probably know her well enough to do what she likes too.

It's not rocket surgery. Geeze.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote