The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Border Patrol Uniforms Manufactured in Mexico

U.S. Border Patrol Uniforms Manufactured in Mexico

Where is the union outrage and why does Obama get a free pass on this?

(CNSNews.com) - U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has granted uniform contracts to VF Imagewear, Inc., an apparel company that relies on manufacturing sites in Mexico for a “significant percentage” of its occupational garments.

The latest contract with the company was awarded on Dec. 20, 2012, to make “uniform and insignia items” for the CBP at an estimated cost of $6,157,997.57, and a ceiling of $8 million.

VF Imagewear also maintains websites for the uniform programs for the CBP, the Fire Department of New York City, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and the National Park Service. “These websites provide the employees of our customers with the convenience of shopping for their work and career apparel via the Internet,” the report states.

According to VF Imagewear’s 2011 annual report, the manufacturing facilities located in Mexico, Central America and the Middle East are responsible for “cutting, sewing and finishing” of denim garments and uniforms.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-b...actured-mexico
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
W*GS
Ring of Famer

When you demand government-on-the-cheap, you get outsourcing. Imagine that.

If the uniforms were made in the US but cost more, you'd whine about your taxes being too high.

Can't have it both ways.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
When you demand government-on-the-cheap, you get outsourcing. Imagine that.

If the uniforms were made in the US but cost more, you'd whine about your taxes being too high.

Can't have it both ways.
Why can't I have it both ways, if they can't have U.S. Border Patrol uniforms made in Mexico, I should be able to hire Pedro to mow my yard for 10 bucks........

You still didn't answer the question, where’s the union outrage and why are they not protesting on the White House steps.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Why can't I have it both ways, if they can't have U.S. Border Patrol uniforms made in Mexico, I should be able to hire Pedro to mow my yard for 10 bucks........

You still didn't answer the question, where’s the union outrage and why are they not protesting on the White House steps.
Maybe it's because they don't agree with border policy in the first place?

I mean come on, you support the right of democratically elected law enforcement to selectively enforce gun laws, so surely you support the right of a peaceably assembled and associated body such as a union to selectively apply its use of the First Amendment, right?

Or are you just talking out of both sides of your mouth...again?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Maybe it's because they don't agree with border policy in the first place?

I mean come on, you support the right of democratically elected law enforcement to selectively enforce gun laws, so surely you support the right of a peaceably assembled and associated body such as a union to selectively apply its use of the First Amendment, right?

Or are you just talking out of both sides of your mouth...again?
I guess I spoke too soon ..........

“I’m embarrassed, not only as a Border Patrol agent but as an American citizen, that our government has decided to outsource the production of these uniforms with no regard for the safety of the process or the security of our country,” said Joseph N. Dassaro, president of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) Local 1613 in San Diego".

JFC ...... you would think the Obama Administration would have learned it's lesson after the uniforms of U.S. Olympians being manufactured in China caused a ruckus last summer.....

Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hey, we are enriching the lives of children abroad by letting them make us our clothing apparel. Think of it as the little slice of democracy they wouldn't get otherwise.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Ah, my liberal brothers, you slay me.

/endthread
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

And I'm sure that everything you buy is made in the good ol' USA, right Pony Boy? Check your undies for us. Not for skidmarks either.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
And I'm sure that everything you buy is made in the good ol' USA, right Pony Boy? Check your undies for us. Not for skidmarks either.
I'm not sure where you are coming from, I'm for exploiting anything and everything for a profit, and you will never find a "save the whales" bumper sticker on my truck. I'm all for letting the Mexicans do the jobs we don't want to do, just don't provide them with any free taxpayer funded services while they are here. Oh and Yes I do wear Walmart Chinese Hines underwear, so pull your thong panties up and keep up the union fight........
Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I'm not sure where you are coming from, I'm for exploiting anything and everything for a profit, and you will never find a "save the whales" bumper sticker on my truck. I'm all for letting the Mexicans do the jobs we don't want to do, just don't provide them with any free taxpayer funded services while they are here. Oh and Yes I do wear Walmart Chinese Hines underwear, so pull your thong panties up and keep up the union fight........
. . . remarkable.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
. . . remarkable.
Yep I was one of those guys in college that took the "No Nukes" and "Save the Whales" bumper sticker and made a "Nuke the Whales" sticker.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Yep I was one of those guys in college that took the "No Nukes" and "Save the Whales" bumper sticker and made a "Nuke the Whales" sticker.
So basically you are saying you had the creative genius of a five year old when you were in college? Ahead of the curve!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm for exploiting anything and everything for a profit
...except when it comes to outfitting border patrol?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
...except when it comes to outfitting border patrol?
My question is where is the outrage from you union loving liberals and why do you give Obama a free pass on the uniforms of U.S. Olympians being manufactured in China and now U.S. Border Patrol uniforms, TSA and the National Park Service uniforms all made in Mexico.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
My question is where is the outrage from you union loving liberals and why do you give Obama a free pass on the uniforms of U.S. Olympians being manufactured in China and now U.S. Border Patrol uniforms, TSA and the National Park Service uniforms all made in Mexico.
Maybe it's because we realize that Obama probably has nothing to do with the decision? Unless you think the President of the US has time to negotiate contracts while single-handed lay waste to our notions of freedom?

But why even post this if you know that's not the case? Slow news day? If you want to talk about moral culpability, we can talk about the manufactured war in Iraq again.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
I believe the law that was recently passed (in the past couple years) states that items can be manufactured in either the US or Mexico for Gov't purposes (think: NAFTA).
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

the government needs to insource everything. its a start. doesn't matter if its not cheapest. doesnt matter if its not best. it needs to insource everything to jumpstart manufacturing in the US and to keep from being blackmailed by external entities. and that includes oil. and like the early republic we need to assess tariffs against everything coming to these shores (like most other countries). when we repossess manufacturing, our economy will turn around.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
the government needs to insource everything. its a start. doesn't matter if its not cheapest. doesnt matter if its not best. it needs to insource everything to jumpstart manufacturing in the US and to keep from being blackmailed by external entities. and that includes oil. and like the early republic we need to assess tariffs against everything coming to these shores (like most other countries). when we repossess manufacturing, our economy will turn around.
When your goal is one world government the last thing for the government to sign on for is national economic isolation, they are busy doing what they can to break down the borders and outsource everything possible - just look around, every move is to accomplish just that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Obama passes go, collects $200 and well would you look at that he landed on Chance and gets to buy Boardwalk.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Right Wingers destroy the unions and then complain when the unions don't show up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #21
nyuk nyuk

Plenty of folks dislike the Chinese making ANYTHING in our arsenal, and frankly any foreign company at all. The outrage is there.

I have no problem with uniforms or anything else made in Mexico. I have a problem with Mexico trying to shove its unwanted surplus population into our back yards.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I have a problem with Mexico trying to shove its unwanted surplus population into our back yards.
Then tell your fellow Americans to quit hiring Mexicans to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't mind that the Mexicans are making uniforms for our border agents, but I am surprised that they're not hot pink, or lime green, or some other stand out color.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't mind that the Mexicans are making uniforms for our border agents, but I am surprised that they're not hot pink, or lime green, or some other stand out color.
They probably sew a chirping cricket into the lining.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote