The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Sal Pal - Denver in mix for Revis trade

Heard on NFL Sirius XM radio that the Broncos are interested in trading for Revis in exchange for pass rusher and a high draft pick, thoughts?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Forgive me, but I just don't value the position that highly. If I had to choose, I'd rather have a great pass rusher then a great CB.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
SlyEli

I'm torn...if the pass rusher is doom, as many people have stated, I think revis would be worth more for the money. Doom is a big liability against the run, and the majority of his sacks came against the chargers picked-up-off-the-street O tackle. But I think the threat of dumervil helps miller out.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Heard on NFL Sirius XM radio that the Broncos are interested in trading for Revis in exchange for pass rusher and a high draft pick, thoughts?
I'm assuming the bold would mean Dumervil? If so, that could make it workable from a financial/cap standpoint since Dumervil has an eight figure cap number. Then, we'd have Ayers - who looked great off the bench last season - to step into his spot. That said, I'd still rather pass. Especially if we'd have to include "a high draft pick" in addition to Dumervil. We were 13-3 and lost to the eventual champs due to horrible, one sided officiating. We don't need to overact by making a move like this. Hold steady and use the draft and 2nd/3rd tier free agents to round out the roster. Don't make a panic move in the hopes that it will be the magic elixir that will put us over the top. Those types of moves generally don't work out.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I'm assuming the bold would mean Dumervil? If so, that could make it workable from a financial/cap standpoint since Dumervil has an eight figure cap number. Then, we'd have Ayers - who looked great off the bench last season - to step into his spot. That said, I'd still rather pass. Especially if we'd have to include "a high draft pick" in addition to Dumervil. We were 13-3 and lost to the eventual champs due to horrible, one sided officiating. We don't need to overact by making a move like this. Hold steady and use the draft and 2nd/3rd tier free agents to round out the roster. Don't make a panic move in the hopes that it will be the magic elixir that will put us over the top. Those types of moves generally don't work out.
i love the Broncos, but that game was not as close as the final score indicated. Baltimore was in control basically the entire game. Remove a RECORD setting day by Trindon and Baltimore wins by 2 TD's
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i love the Broncos, but that game was not as close as the final score indicated. Baltimore was in control basically the entire game. Remove a RECORD setting day by Trindon and Baltimore wins by 2 TD's
This is a dumb retort that I hear far too often. Baltimore wasn't in control other than official aided TD's & drives via penalty. You're assuming that if T. Holliday doesn't return kicks for TD's that Manning doesn't drive us for TD's like he had all season? Take away Denver's flubbed FG, INT returned for TD which was really a PI against Decker, and a hail marry from B-More, where does that leave the game?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
This is a dumb retort that I hear far too often. Baltimore wasn't in control other than official aided TD's & drives via penalty. You're assuming that if T. Holliday doesn't return kicks for TD's that Manning doesn't drive us for TD's like he had all season? Take away Denver's flubbed FG, INT returned for TD which was really a PI against Decker, and a hail marry from B-More, where does that leave the game?
Not just that but everyone assumes if you take of Holliday's scores that we wouldn't have scored on those possessions anyhow. It's a dumb ass argument for sure, because nobody knows.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Agree. Multiple times we stopped them and they had drives extended due to penalties, some of which were questionable, and some of which were flat wrong. We also got stopped by penalties at least once, the phantom hold called on a 3rd down dive for a 1st down immediately coming to mind. There were swings in momentum, and I suppose to could argue that Baltimore "controlled" certain parts of the game. But overall it was our game to lose and we did just that.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Would it make more sense to just go get Asomugha? I know he's not Revis, but he'd sure as hell be less expensive in both trade comp (assuming he's not flat out cut) and pay comp.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
One of those TDs was an INT by the ratbirds when the Broncos WR mauled but no call for pass interference. The ratbirds definitely got some ref help.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
One of those TDs was an INT by the ratbirds when the Broncos WR mauled but no call for pass interference. The ratbirds definitely got some ref help.
I cant find his original post, but Baltimore was in control the entire day? Does he realize that they scored on two LONG plays too? What a dumb argument.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

yuck.

revis has been injury prone these 2 years. Love the guy when healthy, but a GREAT pass rush Dumervil for him and maybe also give up picks? No thanks!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
Agamemnon

**** that. Pass rusher >>> corner. I will seriously lose my **** if this happens.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Interesting. I love Doom & all but...

Pass rushers aren't as rare as a corner that has an island named after him.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Get rid of Dumervil AND pick up Revis? Where do I sign up?
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #16
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Ayers and a 3rd.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Ayers and a 3rd.
I was thinking ayers and a seventh and we get revis and Wilkerson
Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Tough one. I have been one of the ones saying Doom is making more money than he should be so from the standpoint of trading Doom for Revis I'm for it. We could get a guy like Freeney to replace Doom for much cheaper. The part that makes me uncomfortable is giving up a high draft pick. Also, how much money does Revis want, and is he healthy?
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #19
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Tough one. I have been one of the ones saying Doom is making more money than he should be so from the standpoint of trading Doom for Revis I'm for it. We could get a guy like Freeney to replace Doom for much cheaper. The part that makes me uncomfortable is giving up a high draft pick. Also, how much money does Revis want, and is he healthy?
BINGO... if the front office already knows we are in drivers set to maybe get freeney why not trade doom? I'd much rather have freeney and revis than doom and a 3rd
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #20
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I was thinking ayers and a seventh and we get revis and Wilkerson
Seems fair.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Ayers and a 3rd.
That might not even work on Madden.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Ayers and a 3rd.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Ayers and a 3rd.
Ayers and a 2nd would do the job
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #24
Bmore Manning

I would like to point out that it was pass rush and coverage issues that lost us the playoff game.. The pass rush didn't get home, and coverage was less than average..

The two work hand in hand..

To me, Revis is a game changer. He will completely eliminate a WR. That allows you to schematically do things different with the pass rush if need be. Doom didn't get home against the Ravens, as a result our coverage was exposed. There will be pass rushers in the draft and in FA, but there isn't a Revis Island in free agency, and a draftee would take time to develop into a shut down corner..
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You would think if rhe Jets could afford this Sir Butt Fumble would have been cut by now.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote