The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default Public more aligned with Obama than GOP

Quote:
President Obama starts his second term with a clear upper hand over GOP leaders on issues from guns to immigration that are likely to dominate the year, a USA TODAY/Pew Research Center Poll finds. On the legislation rated most urgent — cutting the budget deficit — even a majority of Republican voters endorse Obama's approach of seeking tax hikes as well as spending cuts.

The survey underscores the quandary for the GOP as it debates the party's message in the wake of disappointing losses last November for the White House and in the Senate.

Now just 22% of Americans, nearly a record low, consider themselves Republicans.

And those automatic spending cuts, known as the sequester, that are poised to take effect next week?

If no deal is reached to avert them, half of Americans say congressional Republicans will be more to blame. Less than a third would blame Obama first.

"On many of the issues, President Obama has staked out positions that seem to be closer to the public's thinking than the positions Republicans have staked out," says Michael Dimock, director of the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press. The poll is the first in a new partnership between Pew and USA TODAY. "The challenge for him is in building the public's sense of immediacy on some of these issues, particularly on climate change and guns."

Republicans have the opposite challenge. "Their focus on the deficit is in tune with the public's priorities right now," he says. "Yet their positions are not quite in step with the kind of compromises that the public tells us they want to see."
Read the whole thing here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ester/1934233/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,898

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Rethugs have Obama right where they want him,behind them with their pants around their knees.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Here is the research in detail:

http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/...uester-happen/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Facts and figures?? Oh no not this **** again!!



It's November all over again.

Lonestar coming in to deny the data, say everything is fine and good with his beloved Republican Party, and that stupid "I don't read science/liars always figure" mantra in 3...2...1...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Facts and figures?? Oh no not this **** again!!



It's November all over again.

Lonestar coming in to deny the data, say everything is fine and good with his beloved Republican Party, and that stupid "I don't read science/liars always figure" mantra in 3...2...1...
holier than those houghtam

we all know that questions on polls can be rigged to get the answer you want to here as well as calling those areas that voted heavily for nobama each time..

sorry but most of the intelligent thinkers in the heartland do not believe your regurgitation from the FLL....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
sorry but most of the intelligent thinkers in the heartland do not believe your regurgitation from the FLL....
You really do live in your own alternate reality. And the best part is you have no idea!!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
holier than those houghtam

we all know that questions on polls can be rigged to get the answer you want to here as well as calling those areas that voted heavily for nobama each time..

sorry but most of the intelligent thinkers in the heartland do not believe your regurgitation from the FLL....
Again, keep choosing to believe that. It's exactly what lost you the election in November. We're all laughing. Until people like you realize that you're not only in the minority, but a small minority and getting smaller as you all die off, the Republicans will never win another national election.

Ever.

And we'll still be laughing.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Funny - That poll shows that less than 25% of this "path to citizenship" horse crap the Dems have been trying to assrape us with is popular with the public.

Deceptive clowns on both sides of the aisle said after the 86 fiasco that they would be "getting tough now," and "no more amnesty!"

They lied then. They're lying now. The 86 amnesty is what brought all these people here. They knew if they pushed the door hard enough we'd cave in and pay their bills, so here they are.

"Path to citizenship" is another word for amnesty. ANY legalization is, period.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Rethugs have Obama right where they want him,behind them with their pants around their knees.
Or more like peacepipe giving TonyR a reach around .......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Or more like peacepipe giving TonyR a reach around .......


those FLL really like to quote those liberal rags..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

The ideology of Right Wing extremists provides all the "facts" they need. Since the dogma can never be wrong, why bother with information from "outsiders?"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Obama's approval ratings are the highest in 3 years at 55%.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Obama's approval ratings are the highest in 3 years at 55%.
lets see what they are come march 5th..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Obama's approval ratings are the highest in 3 years at 55%.
Not quite.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Code:
President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll	Date	Sample	Approve	Disapprove	Spread
RCP Average	1/30 - 2/20	--	50.6	42.6	 +8.0
Gallup	2/18 - 2/20	1500 A	50	42	 +8
Rasmussen Reports	2/18 - 2/20	1500 LV	51	47	 +4
Bloomberg	2/15 - 2/18	1003 A	55	40	 +15
USA Today/Pew Research	2/13 - 2/18	1504 A	51	41	 +10
CBS News	2/6 - 2/10	1148 A	52	38	 +14
FOX News	2/4 - 2/6	1010 RV	49	45	 +4
Quinnipiac	1/30 - 2/4	1772 RV	46	45	 +1
All President Obama Job Approval Polling Data
	RCP POLL AVERAGE 
President Obama Job Approval
50.6
Approve	
42.6
Disapprove
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Anyone seen the WWE's new "villain"?




I wonder why people don't like the Tea Party, hrm.


Last edited by Blart; 02-21-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Obama is a boss. Voted for the dude twice. Just crown him emperor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Obama is a boss. Voted for the dude twice. Just crown him emperor.
Too late - he already crowned himself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Official Obama 2013 Inauguration Jam.



FIRE.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,259
Default

Quote:
Now just 22% of Americans, nearly a record low, consider themselves Republicans.
The party that doubled the size of government under Bush is not the answer for real conservatives. The Democrats biggest lead was in 2008. Now a record number of Americans claim to be independent. The Democrats need to make the most of their time in power before the opposition reorganizes.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #21
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,898

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The party that doubled the size of government under Bush is not the answer for real conservatives. The Democrats biggest lead was in 2008. Now a record number of Americans claim to be independent. The Democrats need to make the most of their time in power before the opposition reorganizes.
You guys need to do more then reorganize,our country is shifting & unfortunately for you it's not shifting in your direction. I wouldn't be going out on a limb when I say we're a center-left country.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-21-2013 at 05:44 PM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

If the SCOTUS had not selected George Bush, Al Gore would have (rightfully) been president and guess what? No 911. No Iraq.

We wouldn't be in this mess.

Thank you, Right Wingers, for Dubya.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #23
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If the SCOTUS had not selected George Bush, Al Gore would have (rightfully) been president and guess what? No 911. No Iraq.

We wouldn't be in this mess.

Thank you, Right Wingers, for Dubya.
As much as I think W was not very good president, there is no indication that 9-11 would not have occurred. There was systemic failure on many levels that there is very strong chance some terrorist event would have occurred. Now I would agree if you stated that there wouldn't have been another Iraq conflict and Afghanistan would have been different strategy.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
As much as I think W was not very good president, there is no indication that 9-11 would not have occurred. There was systemic failure on many levels that there is very strong chance some terrorist event would have occurred. Now I would agree if you stated that there wouldn't have been another Iraq conflict and Afghanistan would have been different strategy.
What we know is that Cheney and Rice laughed off Clarke's warnings. Would Gore have done the same? Clarke wanted them to "shake the tree" and see what falls out. What would easily have fallen out is two of the Saudis taking flight lessons in San Diego. There is, in fact, a very strong argument that 911 would have been averted had somebody been in power who gave a ****. And as the Daily Kos pointed out, "There are many reasons why, but the primary one is the fact there is absolutely no way that he (Al Gore) would have blown off the August 6th PDB. Vice President Gore took personal and direct charge of the Safety and Counter-Terrorism planning for the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 simply because NSC Counter-Terrorism Chief Richard Clarke asked him to get involved."

Cheney, who Bush put in charge of anti-terrorism, spent that eight months putting sweetheart energy deals together with his buddies in the energy industry and didn't hold his first anti-terrorism meeting until a week before 911. And regarding Irag, you think Al Gore would have bought into the neocon Wolfowitz doctrine? Really? Your argument has no merit.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #25
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What we know is that Cheney and Rice laughed off Clarke's warnings. Would Gore have done the same? Clarke wanted them to "shake the tree" and see what falls out. What would easily have fallen out is two of the Saudis taking flight lessons in San Diego. There is, in fact, a very strong argument that 911 would have been averted had somebody been in power who gave a ****. And as the Daily Kos pointed out, "There are many reasons why, but the primary one is the fact there is absolutely no way that he (Al Gore) would have blown off the August 6th PDB. Vice President Gore took personal and direct charge of the Safety and Counter-Terrorism planning for the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 simply because NSC Counter-Terrorism Chief Richard Clarke asked him to get involved."

Cheney, who Bush put in charge of anti-terrorism, spent that eight months putting sweetheart energy deals together with his buddies in the energy industry and didn't hold his first anti-terrorism meeting until a week before 911. And regarding Irag, you think Al Gore would have bought into the neocon Wolfowitz doctrine? Really? Your argument has no merit.
Transition time in president's administration are always difficult times, so I like I stated we don't know if made a difference, especial with all the systemic problems that occurred. I lean on the probability that attack would occurred in same fashion no matter who was president.

Also I as I attempted to state I believe that Gore would focused on the real enemies power base - Afghanistan, and not taken us into the ****-up that was Iraq.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Denver Broncos