The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default What are the big NFL stories this offseason?

I'm having a hard time caring about anything this offseason, outside of the Broncos. Now that Geno has fallen out of the #1 spot there is not much to look for. No one cares about Tebow anymore. Are there any super FAs out there that really inspire people to watch where they may go? The top 10 of the draft seems to be blah.

Outside of My Broncos' realm the only thing of interest in the NFL is where Te-O will end up.

Am I missing something? What stories are you following?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Well rich eisen is going to run a 40 again...
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Well rich eisen is going to run a 40 again...
is he doing it in the suit again or will he do it in workout clothes?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Balt is trying to find the cap space to resign Flacco and they'll probably have to go all the way to the exclusive to protect him. The Ravens could fall apart next year the way that team has to respond to the cap crunch and new contracts.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

it's gonna be TT again... what are the j-e-t-s gonna do with him? You know Rexy never wanted TT. TT get traded for a late round pick to maybe Jacksonville? When Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne start the season 2-8, TT will come in and get the team to 8-8!

booyah!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
it's gonna be TT again... what are the j-e-t-s gonna do with him? You know Rexy never wanted TT. TT get traded for a late round pick to maybe Jacksonville? When Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne start the season 2-8, TT will come in and get the team to 8-8!

booyah!
I don't think so. Tebowmania has passed i think. The Jags are on the record saying they don't want him as a QB.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I don't think so. Tebowmania has passed i think. The Jags are on the record saying they don't want him as a QB.
I hope so but, it doesn't take much to get it started again when Tebow is a media whore
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Te'o will come out of the closet and drop to 2nd round
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Te'o will come out of the closet and drop to 2nd round
Now that would be amazing.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Now that would be amazing.
Where do you have him projected going? I think he's overhyped
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Where do you have him projected going? I think he's overhyped
I think he'll fall to the 2nd round as well. It will be amazing draft coverage to watch and he will be the talk of the draft until he is taken in the 2nd round.

Just a few months ago he was being slated from 13-18.

The Bengals are having some LBer issues so I think it is possible they select him with their first. That being said I think his stock is only going to drop further once teams get to talk with him at the combine and he tries to make sense to them in person of what the situation is. Te'o has to paint the stripe of a skunk black and call it a cat but the problem is it'll still stink.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think he'll fall to the 2nd round as well. It will be amazing draft coverage to watch and he will be the talk of the draft until he is taken in the 2nd round.

Just a few months ago he was being slated from 13-18.

The Bengals are having some LBer issues so I think it is possible they select him with their first. That being said I think his stock is only going to drop further once teams get to talk with him at the combine and he tries to make sense to them in person of what the situation is. Te'o has to paint the stripe of a skunk black and call it a cat but the problem is it'll still stink.
Sry... but say what you want about Te'o. He could have done an elaborate scam, he could be gay, but anything you say doesn't take away that he can play. If Te'o makes it to our pick and we don't rush to the podium, the entire FO should be thrown out!!!

Te'O would be a perfect fit in our defense.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think free agency is a whole will be pretty frantic this year, especially early on. A lot of teams are over the cap still and very few teams are looking to use the franchise tag. I think we will see a larger than usual number of starter level players hit free agency from expiring contracts or be cut for salary cap purposes. Several teams are going to have to look to improve and I think there is a general consensus that the salary cap is not going to explode within the next 2 seasons so I think we will see fewer teams handing out big contracts like candy because they know that the dead money they will incur in a few years on those deals will be brutal.

I think several teams with some cap space and ambition like the Broncos, will try to make a lot of plays for servicable starters who will settle for 1 or 2 year deals like the one Tracey Porter got - it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to take that chance. Outside of the WR position there is not a lot of top talent though, Bowe and Wallace will be heavily courted, I have Wallace going to Miami for a much bigger contract than he deserves and Bowe ending up with the Browns.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well the Jets just released a ton of player to make some cap room. Wonder if that's so they can sign Revis.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm lovin the Steelers being well over the cap and having some big players to sign...and probably won't be able to, plus they are getting old.

I think the Ravens are very lucky to have won the SB because I do believe they are at the end of their rope. Give Flacco all that money, I will bet they regret it in the end. A good defense can make any QB look decent, see Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson etc.

Although I will not find it to be a big story I hope the media is clamoring to figure out what's wrong with the Pats and we get to see Bill and Tom's frowns often.

I wonder how long before the story of Jay not getting along with Trestman takes to come out.

I'm glad the Manning watch is over and we can look at free agency from day 1 this year. I'm also glad it's Elway doing the looking so it's a big story.

I hope a big story is our first pick and it's a defensive one and we're doing cartwheels at the end of the season for this pick, ala Von Miller.

The biggest stories will be who KC, Oakland, and San Diego pick up or draft to take them to that "off season" SB. It will only be a big story to their fans.

I hope Mannings nerve injury doesn't hamper his ability to lift that Lombardi on February 4, 2014.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote