The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default We may be in another recession already.

last quarter the economy shrunk just like some people were saying. Of course liberals tried to tell us this is a recovery. But now if we shrink again this quarter it will be officially another recession. Good job Obama!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...in-3-12-years/
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...039517142.html

U.S. economic momentum screeched to a halt in the final months of 2012, as lawmakers' struggle to reach a deal on tax increases and budget cuts likely led businesses to pare inventories and the government to cut spending.

Obama's recovery in shambles!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

When defense spending is contracted at ~ 22% -- this is going to happen. All other reports are showing that the signs elsewhere are encouraging. Try reading more than just a headline from FOXNEWS.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
When defense spending is contracted at ~ 22% -- this is going to happen. All other reports are showing that the signs elsewhere are encouraging. Try reading more than just a headline from FOXNEWS.
nope Obama only adding low paying jobs houshold income way down. Hopefully it gets better but Obama has no plans. Its all spend more on healthcare, cut defense but still fight huge wars, gun control, now immigration that will make Obamacare even more expensive.

When will he do the one thing we really need to do. Address how to get more revenue from the corporate money stored overseas. We have to cut drastically the worldwide tax rate but then also make a law that forces them to return at least 50% of the profits made overseas to the American banking system.

But you cant make them pay 35%. They already pay up to 50% and even more in other countries to set up shop. Our oil companies pay through the ass which is why they offshore those profits in other countries. Then you see how they did that and scream holy cow they made 5 billion in africa and didn't pay any tax. But the truth is that paid 5 billion in tax and costs to do it. Now you want them to give another 35%, it doesn't make sense. Drop it, make them bring half of it home or some other reasonable %, and tax it at about 10% max. Govt would make a lot of revenue on something like that. But obama never saw a tax he didn't want to raise. he doesn't care about the economy as much as he does changing govt into his view. Healthcare, immigration,. gun control, all the big liberal ideals of big govt taking care of us.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
nope Obama only adding low paying jobs houshold income way down. Hopefully it gets better but Obama has no plans. Its all spend more on healthcare, cut defense but still fight huge wars, gun control, now immigration that will make Obamacare even more expensive.

When will he do the one thing we really need to do. Address how to get more revenue from the corporate money stored overseas. We have to cut drastically the worldwide tax rate but then also make a law that forces them to return at least 50% of the profits made overseas to the American banking system.

But you cant make them pay 35%. They already pay up to 50% and even more in other countries to set up shop. Our oil companies pay through the ass which is why they offshore those profits in other countries. Then you see how they did that and scream holy cow they made 5 billion in africa and didn't pay any tax. But the truth is that paid 5 billion in tax and costs to do it. Now you want them to give another 35%, it doesn't make sense. Drop it, make them bring half of it home or some other reasonable %, and tax it at about 10% max. Govt would make a lot of revenue on something like that. But obama never saw a tax he didn't want to raise. he doesn't care about the economy as much as he does changing govt into his view. Healthcare, immigration,. gun control, all the big liberal ideals of big govt taking care of us.
But we managed to overcome the true threat to society and our way of life - Gays are now allowed in the military.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
But we managed to overcome the true threat to society and our way of life - Gays are now allowed in the military.
If Clinton was the its the conomy stupid, Obama is the it's everything but the economy stupid.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Clinton was the its the conomy stupid, Obama is the it's everything but the economy stupid.
And the right wing crazies in Congress who simply want to stick their heads into the sand if they can't take our economics back to the 1890s have no blame in the matter? Man, you guys really do live in an echo chamber.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The economy IS what it is when you're not dumping money into it to make it work better. Maybe rather than a recession, we're just in what the economy will be in the future.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

The overwhelming majority haven't had a "recovery" anyway, so it doesn't really matter to them. Just more of the same.

As for this recession, Tim Noah puts it beautifully: This recovery has been a luxury item. For the bottom 99%, real income growth over the first two years of the recovery was one-fifth of one percent. The richest percentile saw its income rebound by 11.6%. It is only slightly sensational to point out that the 1%'s income has outgained the rest of the economy by a factor of 58 in the recovery.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...-the-1/253990/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Listening to dems blame a hurricane for the economy going into a recession is pretty amusing don't you all think? Try having jets slammed into the most important financial city in the country and see what it does for your plans. We will be wishing for Bush JR back soon enough. Obama's economy is going to tank.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Listening to dems blame a hurricane for the economy going into a recession is pretty amusing don't you all think? Try having jets slammed into the most important financial city in the country and see what it does for your plans. We will be wishing for Bush JR back soon enough. Obama's economy is going to tank.
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/29/3r...-to-government

Great thing is they never blame fluctuations in govt spending when the numbers are good. That's only useful as an excuse for failure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Lol, Cutt must be devastated witht he Job numbers out today.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Listening to dems blame a hurricane for the economy going into a recession is pretty amusing don't you all think? Try having jets slammed into the most important financial city in the country and see what it does for your plans. We will be wishing for Bush JR back soon enough. Obama's economy is going to tank.
After all, isn't that the basic rightard plan?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,597
Default

This is mostly due to the largest decrease in defense spending in 40 years. But by all means, blame Obama if that makes you feel better.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This is mostly due to the largest decrease in defense spending in 40 years. But by all means, blame Obama if that makes you feel better.
Do you realize how many idiots on this board don't understand that large cuts to the federal government will always lead to a recession and raised unemployment? It's quite amazing how many people here don't understand that simple connection. There are at least several who do, of course, but want their cake and eat it too (want cuts, and also want to blame the consequences on "the other guys")

Of course, this thread mostly seems to be a circle jerk for those that revel in the economy worsening because their party/beliefs are more important to them than anything else. Just like their reps.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Do you realize how many idiots on this board don't understand that large cuts to the federal government will always lead to a recession and raised unemployment? It's quite amazing how many people here don't understand that simple connection. There are at least several who do, of course, but want their cake and eat it too (want cuts, and also want to blame the consequences on "the other guys")

Of course, this thread mostly seems to be a circle jerk for those that revel in the economy worsening because their party/beliefs are more important to them than anything else. Just like their reps.
That's really the point. The Right Wingers in Congress have a political incentive to destroy the economy, and for them, politics comes first.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Do you realize how many idiots on this board don't understand that large cuts to the federal government will always lead to a recession and raised unemployment? It's quite amazing how many people here don't understand that simple connection. There are at least several who do, of course, but want their cake and eat it too (want cuts, and also want to blame the consequences on "the other guys")
But the they aren't cutting spending since adjustments were made to avoid the fiscal cliff. Spending will go up 1.87% this year.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Also the govts revenue dropping so much they are forced to cut our security defense spending is also their fault. They have created an environment hostile to big and small businesses alike and now not enough people working to fund the budget like it should be.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

So during the whole last 4 months of the election Obama lying again. He said things looking up blah blah. Romney was saying no we are heading into more contraction with your policies! Now it turns out the media just helps report everything is ok when in fact right now as we speak we are as bad off as we ever were.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,203
Default

It was an unexpected surprise for Wall Street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21261323

Quote:
The fourth-quarter shrinkage in economic output comes as a shock to analysts on Wall Street, who had been expecting 1.1% growth according to a poll by news agency Reuters. Not one economist surveyed had predicted an economic contraction.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,747
Default

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,747
Default

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,747
Default

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #25
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,747
Default

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Denver Broncos