The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Default Need a stud DT next to Wolfe..............

Quote sack numbers to me all you want.............

...............when the game is close we have no consistent pash rush.

Having a put it away pass rush when your up two scores is a good thing but we need consistency no matter the circumstance...........

The elite QBs in this leaque will step uo to avoid DEs and kill ya.

This should be high on our FA list..............

Course a safety that can cover would be nice as well...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think Denvers top 4 needs are DT MLB G DE 2nd tier needs Slot WR RB S
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I think a MLB would do a lot to free up the interior rushers. We played incredibly conservative on the interior all season long. They were covering for the issues at middle linebacker by just stuffing up the middle. You didn't see many stunts or terribly complex movement up front.

We need to somehow turn up a strong middle linebacker at all costs. Trade the entire draft if you have to. Do whatever you have to do to find that guy. A superbowl literally depends on it.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I think Denvers top 4 needs are DT MLB G DE 2nd tier needs Slot WR RB S
switch MLB with DT and i agree. but the depth at DT is better than MLB in terms of where it drops off from the best to the lower tier.

if we took Floyd from Florida in the first round i'd be happy.
flexible DT who can play all over the DL like Wolfe. gets in the backfield and gets TFL and has experience at DE if we wanna use him as a flexible every down lineman to confuse the offense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

#1 MLB
#2 DT
#3 Slot WR
#4 RB

In order of priority.

Easy enough to Draft MLB in first round, Free agent DT & WR, draft RB 2nd round.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

#1 - Interior OL
#2 - DT
#3 - SS
#4 - MLB
#5 - CB
#6 - Slot WR
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

#1 Priority should be RB...We would have won the game if Moreno was healthy.
Manning and this offense need a RB that doesn't get injured.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Guess they'll be drafting a bionic RB. Didnt see one that stuck out in this draft. Maybe the class of 3002 will be better.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post

First off I agree FU refs............

However our rook did an admirable job and definitely did enough to keep Baltimore honest. Moreno would not have made that much difference cause he was getting stuffed regularly anyway.

Manning doesn't need much of a run game. He had a bad day like the rest of the team................

With our so called great pass rushing defense Flacco should have been on his ass everytime he tried to go deep...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
avangeline

Really good thread!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

A healthy Moreno would have made a HUGE difference.
Once he went down, there was absolutely NO BLITZ PICK UP by Ball, which when they tried for 1 play, was one of the most embarassing plays i've ever seen in Bronco history, and Hillman, as good as he ran, was useless as well, and just is not big enough to stop opposing blitzers.
Manning was completely handcuffed because of this, and suddenly the passing game disappeared.
DEN needs to draft a RB like Stephan Taylor (STAN) BAD.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
A healthy Moreno would have made a HUGE difference.
Once he went down, there was absolutely NO BLITZ PICK UP by Ball, which when they tried for 1 play, was one of the most embarassing plays i've ever seen in Bronco history, and Hillman, as good as he ran, was useless as well, and just is not big enough to stop opposing blitzers.
Manning was completely handcuffed because of this, and suddenly the passing game disappeared.
DEN needs to draft a RB like Stephan Taylor (STAN) BAD.
Yeah, a stout young pair of legs is a top-2 priority for me (next to MLB) We can't count on KM or Willis to make it through a game at this point. Who knows how Willis will look next year anyway. We don't have time to mess around with another 30 year old free agent.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #13
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Oh, and as for DTs its all about Kawan Short.
However i dont think DEN will go DT high.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

#1 MLB
#2 DT
#3 Safety
#4 OG/C
#5 RB
#6 WR

I think you Draft the MLB, Safety, and a late round RB. Grab a FA DT, maybe Safety is you can get a good one (that isn't Mike Adams)
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

So... we had the #1 pass rush in the league, but in the game our secondary gets torched and we get no pressure, the assumption is that it must be a pass rush deficiency instead of the ****ing coverage?

This isn't your fault Jetmeck, I'm sick of so many people coming to these wrong side of the chicken-egg conclusions: You guys are seriously retarded...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So... we had the #1 pass rush in the league, but in the game our secondary gets torched and we get no pressure, the assumption is that it must be a pass rush deficiency instead of the ****ing coverage?
Right, the secondary got "torched" in large part because there was no pressure on Flacco. Can't give a good QB a clean pocket and all day to throw like that. Go back and compare/contrast to the regular season game where we actually bothered Flacco a little bit. No, the coverage wasn't good, but would have looked a hell of a lot better with some help from the front 7. But you already know all this, or should, so I'm not sure what the argument is.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Right, the secondary got "torched" in large part because there was no pressure on Flacco. Can't give a good QB a clean pocket and all day to throw like that. Go back and compare/contrast to the regular season game where we actually bothered Flacco a little bit. No, the coverage wasn't good, but would have looked a hell of a lot better with some help from the front 7. But you already know all this, or should, so I'm not sure what the argument is.
You want some pressure? You want to put the QB on the ground?

Cover the open ****ing man for 3+ seconds. Playoff QBs will find the open man... there's your disparity.

In the 6 games played against teams with winning records, Denver sacked the QB 2.5x per game (5 of which coming against one opponent, drastically raising the ave).

In the other games, 3.8x per game.

Hmmm... what could possibly be causing this disparity...

Btw, also against winning teams: 13TDs to 3INTs by opposing QBs. Over 60% completion and roughly 80 ypg to TEs.

Get this "OMG WE OBVI NEED A PASSRUSHER!" bull**** out of here/
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Over 60% completion and roughly 80 ypg to TEs.
I agree this was/is a huge problem for us. I just think the biggest difference this time vs. last time against the Ravens is that we didn't get any pressure on Flacco.

Also, this according to TJ Johnson at IAOFM:

Quote:
In the rematch last Saturday, the Ravens ran the ball three out of their first five plays until they realized they were running into an eight-man box, not a seven-man box as in their first meeting. Essentially, Del Rio changed his defensive look between the two contests. Instead of playing Cover 2, Man Under like he had previously, he switched to a Cover 1, which brings the strong safety into the box and leaves the free safety as the only deep defender in coverage.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ouchdown-catch
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #19
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I agree this was/is a huge problem for us. I just think the biggest difference this time vs. last time against the Ravens is that we didn't get any pressure on Flacco.

Also, this according to TJ Johnson at IAOFM:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ouchdown-catch
Let's just pray it was Bailey who screwed up and was beaten because if he was expecting inside help it was Moore who screwed up again
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #20
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

Cover the open ****ing man for 3+ seconds. Playoff QBs will find the open man... there's your disparity.

In the 6 games played against teams with winning records, Denver sacked the QB 2.5x per game (5 of which coming against one opponent, drastically raising the ave).

Btw, also against winning teams: 13TDs to 3INTs by opposing QBs. Over 60% completion and roughly 80 ypg to TEs.

I read the last line and thought of this image....
Attached Images

Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

IDK I think it is a chicken or egg type conundrum, I think it was pressure that got in Manning's and Brady's head. Ravens covered well in both games and the inital coverage allowed the pressure to get hits on them or lead to sacks.

I think expecting more than 3 seconds of coverage is a bit much, after that you need guys who can impact the pocket and force the QB out of his rhythm and get hits and or sacks.

With our DT's now FA's no reason we can't upgrade most of them, go hard after Melton as our big FA. Then draft a presence at MLB who can cover and rush.

As long as we upgrade either a DT or MLB I will be happy. We have lived this long without above avg DT's, why stop now? Hell I would be happy if we passed on Melton (hoping Wolfe turns in to him down the road) and got a hulking wide body later in the draft who can command 2 blockers and free up Wolfe/Miller/Doom to rush. I just don't want more of the same.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
My observation was that Flacco was releasing the ball quite early....even on the deep shots. Baltimore knew we would be leaving the DB's on an island depending on the pass rush and trusted their guys to beat ours deep....and they did. They gameplanned for the pass rush and beat it. Slightly better secondary play and likely none of the bombs are complete and gmae looks much different. It;'s not like Flacco was sitting in the pocket picking us a apart. He was heaving homeruns right ahead of the rush....and hitting them.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #23
CEH
Ring of Famer

We got torched one time , one great catch set up by a failed FG that was butt ugly with no chance in hell of coming close, and one Hail Mary where Miller almost got to Flacco with a 3 man rush

The magnitude of the game will get you fired but the stats say Baltimore did not come in here and imposed their will.

In the end the Defense gave the ball to the Offense 3 times to win the game

I wouldn't call 220 yards (before the hail mary) by Joe Flacco some sort of awesome game.

This team was/is built this year to play with the lead and that's how the season went.

If I could pick one player if would be a big time guard and or RB to close out the games and continues to add young fast playmakers on defense

That's JMO

Last edited by CEH; 01-22-2013 at 06:26 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
We got torched one time , one great catch set up by a failed FG that was butt ugly with no chance in hell of coming close, and one Hail Mary where Miller almost got to Flacco with a 3 man rush

That's JMO
Dice it up how you feel fit but the fact is, Flacco beat us deep on 3 TD passes and just missed hitting another big 50 yard TD pass, which would have given him 4 long passes on the day for TD's. Now you can say we got beat once and then gave up a hail mary, which it wasn't but Moore's bad timing sorta made it look that way, you can call it anything you want dude but we got beat like a drum in the secondary that day so don't try to fluff it up and say we didn't.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Dice it up how you feel fit but the fact is, Flacco beat us deep on 3 TD passes and just missed hitting another big 50 yard TD pass, which would have given him 4 long passes on the day for TD's. Now you can say we got beat once and then gave up a hail mary, which it wasn't but Moore's bad timing sorta made it look that way, you can call it anything you want dude but we got beat like a drum in the secondary that day so don't try to fluff it up and say we didn't.
Blah Blah Blah

And if Moore plays his position correctly Falcco does not complete the last TD. It is what it is. How many teams score with 40 seconds left on a 70 yard TD pass. It wasn't like Moore got beat physically like Champ did.

Sorry dude but if not for the Hail Mary we be looking at these stats for the game. Tell me those stats say anything but below average for yards above average for TDs

Manning - 24/37 for 261 yards, 3 TD, INT, 101.3 PR, 50th GWD, 10th playoff win, hosting the AFC-C
Flacco - 14/27 for 219 yards, 2 TD, INT, 88.3 PR, still never won a playoff game when BAL allows > 14 points