The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Where are you at...

...in the 5 stages of grief.

I'm finally pulling myself into stage 3 kicking a screaming.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

It sucks but im over it, it was a fun season and looking forward to next season.

P.S. helps that im going to vegas friday for a few days. if not that for i'd still be crying
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
It sucks but im over it, it was a fun season and looking forward to next season.

P.S. helps that im going to vegas friday for a few days. if not that for i'd still be crying
Nothing heals (or damages) like a good ol Vegas trip.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'm in the drive like a jerk and kick every dog I see stage.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I'm in the drive like a jerk and kick every dog I see stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PW...e_gdata_player

You reminded me of this commercial.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

**** The dream, **** fox, and **** the world.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
**** The dream, **** fox, and **** the world.
What, no police?

I'm in stage 3 recovery. As a hardcore fan you feel aligned to the team all year, almost like you're part of it, and then they go and lay a turd like they did on Saturday. Part of me thinks they deserved the punishment but I certianly don't. It feels odd to be 'separate' for the first time all year. I feel like I held up my part of the bargain. Does that make any sense?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

I'm over it, still think back from time to time of the missed opportunites though. Already thinking, only 7 months till training camp!!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
I'm over it, still think back from time to time of the missed opportunites though. Already thinking, only 7 months till training camp!!
...so you're still in stage 1?!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
...so you're still in stage 1?!
Stage 5! I guess not competely over it yet!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm finally thawed out from the 7 hours we spent frozen at the stadium on Saturday. Drove back to WY and watched the game on the DVR last night. I've come to terms with the loss and am excited for next season. All I can think is....WOW....that was a great football game. We can point fingers and place blame all over the field, but both teams were competitive until the miserable end. I'm disappointed in the result, but can't help but be proud of what the Broncos accomplished this year. They'll be in the hunt again next season.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Think I'm over it. I still find myself shaking my head when I think of a play, but the glum of yesterday is gone.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I'm still not ready to stop pretending there is no NFL ... Pls stop talking about it and breaking my illusion lol
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
yerner
Ring of Famer

I'm still stabbing anyone wearing purple, or gold..or white.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic

There's alot in this game that ill get over. But I'll never get over kneeling down with half a minute and 2 timeouts. That's unforgivable. Ill get over moores play, Mannings TOs champs burns, even the 3rd and 7 call. But kneeling with 2 timeouts and half a minute? That's p***Y football.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I have 2 worlds as far as my emotions go. My sports world and my real world. I don't want me being so down over a game like this to completely effect the way I act toward my family (even though it kinda does).

In my sports world I am as crushed as I could possibly be. I had trouble sleeping all week before the game. I wanted so badly to have that feeling this week of being 1 game from the Super Bowl. I just couldn't imagine how awful I was going to feel if they did lose. It is even worse than I imagined, probably because of the way it went down. Just hard to accept that about 18 BIG things went wrong (mistakes on our part, Moreno getting hurt, horrible officiating on critical plays) and we still only had to knock down a hail mary down to win...and we couldn't do it.

So having said that I don't know if I'll ever truly get over this. The NFL is so year to year now that when you have a chance like we did to play at home and the rest of the field is beatable you must take advantage. We may not be in this good of a position in 15-20 more years.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I have 2 worlds as far as my emotions go. My sports world and my real world. I don't want me being so down over a game like this to completely effect the way I act toward my family (even though it kinda does).

In my sports world I am as crushed as I could possibly be. I had trouble sleeping all week before the game. I wanted so badly to have that feeling this week of being 1 game from the Super Bowl. I just couldn't imagine how awful I was going to feel if they did lose. It is even worse than I imagined, probably because of the way it went down. Just hard to accept that about 18 BIG things went wrong (mistakes on our part, Moreno getting hurt, horrible officiating on critical plays) and we still only had to knock down a hail mary down to win...and we couldn't do it.

So having said that I don't know if I'll ever truly get over this. The NFL is so year to year now that when you have a chance like we did to play at home and the rest of the field is beatable you must take advantage. We may not be in this good of a position in 15-20 more years.
Yeah, it hasnt affexted my real world other than being a bit down, but my sports world is still crushed. Everything is bothering me from all that went wrong in the game, to people's kneejerk reactions, to Peter Kings dumbass "haiku." Im not ready to look to next season yet
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Lots of Depeche Mode and legal marijuana
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

It's now Monday evening and I'm still....................

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There's alot in this game that ill get over. But I'll never get over kneeling down with half a minute and 2 timeouts. That's unforgivable. Ill get over moores play, Mannings TOs champs burns, even the 3rd and 7 call. But kneeling with 2 timeouts and half a minute? That's p***Y football.
Amen
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #21
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'm with you here. If we have Tebow/Orton I may understand. But with PMFM, we should have seen what we could have gotten.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Im in the stage where I have reactivated my facebook after dealing with tons of friends from college giving me hell for a Broncos loss. Im also at the point where I could careless about the NFL (Other than hoping the Pats dont win a SB)
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I'm sorta P'ed that Manning didn't check it down to Hillman on the OT pick . He was wide open early in that play to Manning's right as Manning rolled that way. It was a gimmie pass and instead he went back across his body.

Still stunned he didn't dump it to Hillman in the flat.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I'm sorta P'ed that Manning didn't check it down to Hillman on the OT pick . He was wide open early in that play to Manning's right as Manning rolled that way. It was a gimmie pass and instead he went back across his body.

Still stunned he didn't dump it to Hillman in the flat.
Just watched the replay. He wasn't open...ya at the line of scrimmage he was in the flat but watch the Baltimore player spying him. The second Manning throws the ball the guy is all over Hillman. Would have been a 1-2 yard gain.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #25
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Just watched the replay. He wasn't open...ya at the line of scrimmage he was in the flat but watch the Baltimore player spying him. The second Manning throws the ball the guy is all over Hillman. Would have been a 1-2 yard gain.
What down was it tho ? I really don't remember . I mean I just wanted it thrown there to avoid the pick or the sack. Even a 1-2 yard gain and even if we punted it beats the pick.