The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default Why should Rahim Moore be back next year?

After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I never want to see him in the O&B again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
He was going for the pick to be hero. That's what Moore meant when he said "I got too happy" That's what Clough intimated the other players think.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.
I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.
No. It was waaaay beyond dumb. Dumb would have been tackling the receiver while the ball was in the air, which still would have been better than playing short and going for the ball.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Moore really blew it, no question about it, but if the teamates like him and trust him as Champ implied 99 times out of 100 he makes that play in practice then you have to at least keep him into camp and see how he responds to this.

Its possible he will toast mentally, regardless of what kind of confident public bravado he might be able to muster in a few months. The real test is back on the field and if he is damaged goods from making such an easy to avoid collosal and costly screw up as this one, then we get to cut the ties.

But if he shows true grit and resilience and dedication to improving his game at least as much between this year and next season as he did between his first aborted season and this year, then we'd be foolish to cut him

The key is his response and how the other players really feel about him on the team. Regardless we need more solid Safety help next year . .Hopefully Quentin Carter can come back strong from his injury which isn't an easy one for a safety.

But a real stud back there is a missing link along with a stud at Middle linebacker and an every down monster in the middle of the D line toward taking this team to and winning the SB ..... with the addition of a much improved RB corp this coming year as well.

The rest of the draft and FA should be carefully spent on solid bench players who can come in and keep the train on the tracks if we hit a tough injury spell next year...

Overall I think the new training crew and their methods including use of the Power-Plate seems to have been a real asset. There appeared to be less overall nagging injuries that were slow to heal and our game stamina was consistent all year instead of the big fade as we had done for almost the last 10 years straight of the Tuten era.

And most of the muscle strain type injuries we did have seemed to bounce back quicker than in the past and overall we had relatively few critical injuries all year.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Moore really blew it, no question about it, but if the teamates like him and trust him as Champ implied 99 times out of 100 he makes that play in practice then you have to at least keep him into camp and see how he responds to this.

I was really pissed that he didn't get behind the WR in his angle as any fool in such a situation would be trying to do, he wasn't even going there but was just trying to drift in front of him for the glory pick!

All we need was a knock down really or a pick and especially if Jones caught it Moore's most primary job was to insure he was in position to damn well make that tackle!! Game is over then and all the Ravens get out of it is a momentary thrill while the ball is in the air before the hammer came down on their season. Instead, thanks to Moore, it was us that got the sledgehammer up side the head!

Its possible Rahim will be toast mentally, regardless of what kind of confident public bravado he might be able to muster in a few months. The real test is back on the field and there it will come out if he is damaged goods from making such an easy to avoid colossal and costly screw up as this one? If so, then we get to cut the ties.

But if he shows true grit and resilience and dedication to improving his game at least as much between this year and next season as he did between his first aborted season and this year, then we'd be foolish to cut him, assuming too that he still has the trust and respect of the locker room?

The key is his response and how the other players really feel about him on the team. Regardless we need more solid Safety help next year . .Hopefully Quentin Carter can come back strong from his injury which isn't an easy one for a safety.

But a real stud back there is a missing link along with a stud at Middle linebacker and an every down monster in the middle of the D line toward taking this team to and winning the SB ..... with the addition of a much improved RB corp this coming year as well.

The rest of the draft and FA should be carefully spent on solid bench players who can come in and keep the train on the tracks if we hit a tough injury spell next year...

Overall I think the new training crew and their methods including use of the Power-Plate seems to have been a real asset. There appeared to be less overall nagging injuries that were slow to heal and our game stamina was consistent all year instead of the big fade as we had done for almost the last 10 years straight of the Tuten era.

And most of the muscle strain type injuries we did have seemed to bounce back quicker than in the past and overall we had relatively few critical injuries all year.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
It was a mistake. The guy watched Pitta too closely while the receiver got past him. He tried to recover but didn't get there in time. In fairness he should have run through the receiver instead of going for the ball. But he had a big turnaround season and is developing into a good player. We dump him and he will be a treasure to another franchise
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
It was a mistake. The guy watched Pitta too closely while the receiver got past him. He tried to recover but didn't get there in time. In fairness he should have run through the receiver instead of going for the ball. But he had a big turnaround season and is developing into a good player. We dump him and he will be a treasure to another franchise
Yep, he was spying Pitta and had he forgot about Pitta and just covered Jones, and then maybe Flacco chucks it to Pitta and Pitta makes a huge play for big yardage we'd all be down on Moore for that as well. Moore simply got there a little too late and he did not time his leap well and the rest is history.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic

[QUOTE=Tombstone RJ;3781220]Yep, he was spying Pitta and had he forgot about Pitta and just covered Jones, and then maybe Flacco chucks it to Pitta and Pitta makes a huge play for big yardage we'd all be down on Moore for that as well. Moore simply got there a little too late and he did not time his leap well and the rest is history.[/QUOTE

Wrong. I wouldn't be as upset with a 30 yard gain. I wouldn't be as upset if Moore flat out ran into the reciever getting PI. Neither is a TD. It's pop Warner knowledge that you NEVER let someone get past the coverage in that situation. I've seen teams put a player at the 5 yard line when that play starts. He did that in college and still doing it today. His routes to the ball have always been bad.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What happened to Michael Dean Perry after the 96-97 season?

The whole team was flat that day, but it was Perry's slow walk off the field (and the resulting penalty) that gave Jax the final chance they needed to win.

Mitigating circumstances here are that (a) Moore's a much, much younger player and (b) the bonehead move here was being selfish and overaggressive rather than lazy.

So I'm not sure that Moore gets cut or traded, but I guarantee he'll be facing stiff competion for that spot in the offseason.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Sandy Clough is a turd, and a tard, and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Trust me on this, please!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.
this^

It was an expensive learning experience for everyone involved. Now you hope that you can recoup some of that cost with future play from a more experienced player. Of course he could just crumble from it, or not learn anything from it. Then you dump him.

He will definitely never live it down. That was a monumental boneheaded play of epic proportions.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Good point. One play does not make a career. If he doesn't learn from it you deal with him. If he does and you cut him loose some other team profits from the the price we just paid.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
Domostick
Training Camp Junkie!

Wrath of Khan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.
Domostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domostick View Post
Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.
No they didn't. NOBODY is more responsible for this loss than Rahim Moore.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domostick View Post
This^

If we cut everyone from the team that ****ed up.... We wouldn't have hardly anyone on the team. A bunch of you mother****ers need to just stop thinking with your vaginas... And let the professionals make those decisions for you
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

serious?

if the players hate him, then I agree get rid of him. But if the lockerroom is fine then let the kid learn and move on.

He had a great year and is still improving.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Ummm...no...

Rahim Moore did NOT cost us the game. Poor playcalling, sub-par offensive play, and poor officiating cost us the game....
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #24
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Ummm...no...

Rahim Moore did NOT cost us the game. Poor playcalling, sub-par offensive play, and poor officiating cost us the game....
Wrong.

Poor defense - mostly from Champ Bailey - cost us the game.

The offense put up 21 points, the special teams added another 14 points and Champ Bailey and the "efense" gave up 38 ****ing points.

That being said, in crunch time they gave Manning TWO chances to win the game and he choked.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Wrong.

Poor defense - mostly from Champ Bailey - cost us the game.

The offense put up 21 points, the special teams added another 14 points and Champ Bailey and the "efense" gave up 38 ****ing points.

That being said, in crunch time they gave Manning TWO chances to win the game and he choked.
The offensive line, Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Matt Prater, Tony Carter, Champ Bailey, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, the defensive front all had important parts to play in grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

The offensive line was bullied all game and created no space for running and in the 2nd half got pushed around in pass blocking. Your QB can not give the ball away 3 times, leading to 17 points and expect to win. Thomas had been catching the ball so well all season and then he goes and has 2 nasty drops that turned 1st downs into 4th downs. Eric Decker deflected the INT TD up into the air for no good reason. Prater decided to kick the entire 42 yard line instead of just the ball on that FG, had he made it we would have won. Carter, Bailey, Adams and Moore conspired to allow 3 long TDs. The defensive front got 0 pressure but did manage to commit several stupid penalties and failed to bottle up the run in the 2nd half.

Trindon Holliday, Jacob Tamme and David Bruton are the only 3 Bronco players I can think of who really did everything that was asked of them.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote