The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,417

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default Pick your balls up of the floor and move on

One bad game does not make a bad season regardless of whether it's a playoff loss to an inferior team or not.

Manning, Bailey, Dumervil, Miller etc played lights out for the majority of the regular season and although I was very angry during the game (and still am) I'm not blaming individuals for this loss, players can have bad games, good coaches can get outcoached/out thought and individuals can make very costly errors.

The mirror images between this loss and the one to the Jags in 96 are unreal (13-4) season, beaten by a team not expected to go close and turning up for a game after a bye week looking completely unprepared and undisciplined.

All this fire Fox crap, move Bailey to safety crap, Tebow is better than Manning crap is just what it is, an over-reaction to a game we lost to a team we were expected to hammer.

I know everyone is hurting right now just like I am, so pick your chin up, dont forget about the season (just the game) and dont lose faith in your team because if anyone knows John Elway he'll make damn sure that this team has all the tools to bounce back like they did in 1997.

I love this franchise.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The fact that we don't play another meaningful down for 8 months is going to be agony. The more I reflect on it, the more amazed I am by that game... I couldn't script a more painful loss.

But yeah, go Broncos.

Let's get it done next year.

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,266
Default

It is what it is. It's one of the inherent conundrums of following sports, that we make a bigger deal about it than its really worth, so we can celebrate that much harder when things go right. When it goes wrong, its so easy to lose rational perspective. Just imagine if the Broncos did in 96 what all these fans are calling for now. We'd be following a franchise with no Super Bowl titles.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Next year needs to be our year. We have a lot of young player$ who's contracts are running out after it.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Great thread Eddie Mac. We all love this team and spend an unusual amount of time obsessing over it, but it's almost unreal the amount of destructive angst going on in these forums right now.

As a fan, you may or may not have tremendous faith in Manning right now, but hopefully there is another gunslinger that you will trust to overcome this - Our beloved John Elway. He has taken us from the second worst franchise in the league to the number one seed in the AFC in just a couple short years. No one knows how much this hurts more than him.

I'm still a huge Manning fan and still think that he wins a SB for us. This is a work in progress and I am still proud of what we accomplished this season.

In Elway I trust.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,731

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I agree with the OP, except that Bailey needs to go to safety. He does. I'm sad we couldn't get a ring for him this year. I don't feel as bad as the Jacksonville loss. I don't know why, maybe because I'm older, maybe because I know the possibilities for next year. Very reminiscent of the Jacksonville loss though. Heavily favored, lossing to a lesser team, everything we hadn't done wrong for so long we did. And then the next year.....I can wait.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

we could have used tracy porter tonight
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
One bad game does not make a bad season regardless of whether it's a playoff loss to an inferior team or not.

Manning, Bailey, Dumervil, Miller etc played lights out for the majority of the regular season and although I was very angry during the game (and still am) I'm not blaming individuals for this loss, players can have bad games, good coaches can get outcoached/out thought and individuals can make very costly errors.

The mirror images between this loss and the one to the Jags in 96 are unreal (13-4) season, beaten by a team not expected to go close and turning up for a game after a bye week looking completely unprepared and undisciplined.

All this fire Fox crap, move Bailey to safety crap, Tebow is better than Manning crap is just what it is, an over-reaction to a game we lost to a team we were expected to hammer.

I know everyone is hurting right now just like I am, so pick your chin up, dont forget about the season (just the game) and dont lose faith in your team because if anyone knows John Elway he'll make damn sure that this team has all the tools to bounce back like they did in 1997.

I love this franchise.
I love this team too. I fly out to Denver once a year at least for a game, I watch every single game each week. But I disagree with you. The point of the regular season is to get into the playoffs and hopefully have home field. Once the playoffs start the regular season is completely meaningless. We could go 16-0 next year and we would be playing the same exact game we played yesterday. Season was a disappointment.
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 553
Default

I'm already looking ahead to next season. No more mistakes. Play hard every snap and curb stomp the **** out of every mfer that gets in our way.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If the Pats can go 18-1 or whatever and get mocked for it, claiming the regular season victory is anything but meaningless is just borderline pathetic. You don't get an award for crapping your pants on the biggest stage, sorry.

The team lost yesterday because of mistakes. Not because of talent but because of mistakes. That means their heads weren't in the right place. Never again will I feel sorry for Champ not having a ring. It was the job of him and every vet on that team to make sure the players showed up to play and, from what I saw, it was an across the board crapfest. This loss just shows how mentally unprepared the coaches and players were and that's not the kind of thing that changes in an offseason.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

After the Jax loss I was inconsoleable. This loss sux but the Jax was worse. I hope this team handles this loss like that 96 team handeled the Jax loss. Back to back SB wins. Great season......looking for a better one next.year.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Give me a running back Elway, a MLB, and a pass rushing INTERIOR lineman!
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

I agree with OP - mistakes were made and Baltimore wanted it more than Denver did. Fuel for next year's fire. Go Broncos!
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
orangenblue
Ring of Famer
 
orangenblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
Give me a running back Elway, a MLB, and a pass rushing INTERIOR lineman!
and trade Bailey and get another CB
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenblue View Post
and trade Bailey and get another CB
Bull**** statement. He has stayed with this team through thick and thin and to get better, you want to just trade him? **** that. He either retires or plays some more. He had a bad game. I can point fingers at a few guys on this team and no one is calling for their head. He still has talent and has showed it this season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

MHM might come in and say this is a failure of a season. He might have some truth to this when we can't win at least the divisional game. I will look as this is the step to the Super Bowl and everyone should realize how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl regardless of your record. Playoffs is a 2nd season and we **** the bed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Bumping this for all the whiny b****made "fans" creating the worst threads ever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Actually, I think the loss I took the hardest was in '78 against the Cowboys in the SB. I thought we were the team of destiny that year. It was a shock. Then, there was the Montana ass-kicking in SB XXIV. I went to a SB party in California and was the only one out of about thirty people wearing the orange. Not a good day. Then there was the Jags loss. Again, I thought we were the team of destiny. Turns out, we were.

This loss didn't hurt so bad because frankly, I didn't feel really confident going in. There was a fringe of doubt that kept nagging me.

I disagree about Bailey, though. He's 34. Time to hang it up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, I think the loss I took the hardest was in '78 against the Cowboys in the SB. I thought we were the team of destiny that year. It was a shock. Then, there was the Montana ass-kicking in SB XXIV. I went to a SB party in California and was the only one out of about thirty people wearing the orange. Not a good day. Then there was the Jags loss. Again, I thought we were the team of destiny. Turns out, we were.

This loss didn't hurt so bad because frankly, I didn't feel really confident going in. There was a fringe of doubt that kept nagging me.

I disagree about Bailey, though. He's 34. Time to hang it up.
Ya, because there aren't any effective defensive backs at that age in this league. Good call.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Ya, because there aren't any effective defensive backs at that age in this league. Good call.
Champ got repeatedly torched by a second round pick who had 49 receptions for 855 yards in the second round of the playoffs, at home. Writing on the wall.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 01-13-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Champ got repeatedly torched by a second round pick who had 49 receptions for 855 yards. Writing on the wall.
I don't disagree entirely. But come on-Woodson, Barber, Winfield, etc.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Denver Broncos