The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default I feel so absolutely awful.

I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I feel right now. It really feels like '96. We should lose on purpose anytime we're 12-3 with one game to play.

Honestly, if Holiday doesn't return two kicks back for a TD we lose by double digits.

The worst part is our best players sucked.

Champ got smoked OVER AND OVER.

Manning gave the game away.

Von and Elvis didn't show up.

And Refs gave the Ravens literally everything.

And Rahim Moore. I will hate him forever. Even if he becomes all world - will hate him forever. I will boo him any time he does anything.

Last edited by Kaylore; 01-12-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

I understand & emphasize but we were overated and 96 and 05 should have conditioned you to handle this............?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I understand & emphasize but we were overated and 96 and 05 should have conditioned you to handle this............?
Overrated my arse. This team deserved to be where it was, it just didn't turn up on the day, you need to bring your A game in the playoffs and that was nowhere near our A game, so many errors this thread wouldn't cover them all.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Overrated my arse.
I know it's not a popular opinion, but although this team was clearly very good they were a little overrated. Our best win was against these same Baltimore Ravens when they were decimated by injuries. We really didn't have any other high quality wins.

Edit to add that the Bengals might have been the best win, as mentioned by Rev in his thread on same subject.

Last edited by TonyR; 01-13-2013 at 08:18 AM..
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I know it's not a popular opinion, but although this team was clearly very good they were a little overrated. Our best win was against these same Baltimore Ravens when they were decimated by injuries. We really didn't have any other high quality wins.
I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.
Sure did look that way.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

We choked it away, I'm devastated. Was DT that well covered or was Peyton pissed at him?
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
We choked it away, I'm devastated. Was DT that well covered or was Peyton pissed at him?
Peyton Manning needs to stop with those 3rd down runs he audibles into. They are awful and rarely work for us.

Conservative playcalling ****ed us over.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

This loss is killing me.

So many **** ups in the entire game, it was a shock we were even in the game.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Running on 3rd and whatever the hell it was sealed it. A completion and the game is over
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I'm with you i'm so fuggin pissed
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I'm with you i'm so fuggin pissed
This.

I got back from the bar about two hours ago after spending nearly 9 hours there. I'm just now conjuring up the strength to even approach anything Bronco s related (i.e. this board) to even read what's going on. I'm absolutely pissed, just like everyone here. Not much to say, as I'm sure it's all been said over-and-over by now, but what the motherf'n f! We were not the same team today and I hate blaming the refs (because that seems like a cop-out), but holy **** those a-holes did not help us one bit. Guess they want the murderer to be front and center.
El Guapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Rahim Moore being in position on a Hail Mary seals the deal. So many chances wasted
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Rahim Moore being in position on a Hail Mary seals the deal. So many chances wasted
The sad thing was, he was in position. He had very bad timing on challenging the pass and it was a poor decision to even go for the attempted bat down or pick. All he has do do is forget about the any INT or bat, stay on the ground and when the ball is at WR hands, just rake the arms and shove him OB. Worst case scenario, the WR makes the catch and they still have to go some 20/30 yards for a TD with seconds on the clock because a FG does them no good. That was such a retard mistake it was unreal. I mean, you're supposed to be an NFL grade safety and you look like a 2nd string high school safety on that play.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The sad thing was, he was in position. He had very bad timing on challenging the pass and it was a poor decision to even go for the attempted bat down or pick. All he has do do is forget about the any INT or bat, stay on the ground and when the ball is at WR hands, just rake the arms and shove him OB. Worst case scenario, the WR makes the catch and they still have to go some 20/30 yards for a TD with seconds on the clock because a FG does them no good. That was such a retard mistake it was unreal. I mean, you're supposed to be an NFL grade safety and you look like a 2nd string high school safety on that play.
He was actually in horrible position. He looked at the inside route even though he lad the LBer converging on the zone. He also played way to shallow. Not sure what you were watching..?

And nice job calling me out for saying this game scared me. Looks like they played hard for Ray Lewis after all huh ass? Cha feel?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Raheem and Prater are my goats.

I think the Safeties were out of position all game long.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

You know what, life goes on.

It's tough, hurts like hell, but I'm still proud of what this team did and where it's headed.

Our time will come.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
You know what, life goes on.

It's tough, hurts like hell, but I'm still proud of what this team did and where it's headed.

Our time will come.
Bingo - good team but outhustled and outschemed by a team that overall wanted it more.
Lesson for Peyton - 2nd and short is an opportunity to fool your opponent with a playaction pass - so is 3rd and short - audibles to a run by a scatback and or a fullback in those situations are mindless - they remind me of Shananan and his fullback dives
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #19
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Take your pick for the blame......I really hate that the refs were terrible because half the fan base will whine about the next 6 months.

I really don't like john fox..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Take your pick for the blame......I really hate that the refs were terrible because half the fan base will whine about the next 6 months.

I really don't like john fox..
I am starting to dislike what he is a about.

If he wants to win, he needs to go out and get an aggressive offensive coordinator.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I feel right now. It really feels like '96. We should lose on purpose anytime we're 12-3 with one game to play.

Honestly, if Holiday doesn't return two kicks back for a TD we lose by double digits.

The worst part is our best players sucked.

Champ got smoked OVER AND OVER.

Manning gave the game away.

Von and Elvis didn't show up.

And Refs gave the Ravens literally everything.
Manning didn't give the game away. The coaches gave the game away.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I want to kill myself
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I want to kill myself
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

It will take awhile to recover from this.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

It will take awhile to recover from this.
I agree too many times the Ravens were let hanging around. A team should lose exactly zero times in any game with 2 return tds. Conservative football killed Denver and they played their C game while Ravens played pretty well. On a side note in 96 the Packers were best team in the league and I always felt they would of handed Elway his 4 th SB loss putting bad SB memories into crippling loss.