The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Default Some Seahawks are out tonight

Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline
The birdie says some of the Seahawks hitting "stadium club" tonight. Good news for Redskins.

Would you be pissed if the Broncos were out 2 days before a playoff game? Do you think it affects your performance or is this a non-issue?
RedskinBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

If you listen to Alfred Williams at all, he always talks about Friday night is the night players go out on a Sunday game week. Saturday is either a walk through day or travel day so it's easy to recuperate.

Clinton Portis had the most rushing yards in a game while he was hungover. They had "rookie night" the night before the last game in 2002.

Counter that with the performance of Jay Cutler in 2008 vs Oakland at home. He was allegedly spotted out the night before, drinking (with the beetus no less), and turned in a sh*t game.

Guess it totally depends on the player.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Saturday is either a walk through day or travel day so it's easy to recuperate.
Have you ever flown hungover? It's probably one of the worst things ever.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I have. Fell asleep before takeoff, woke up after landing. In reality, I was probably still drunk.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
I have. Many times. It's perfect because you pass out. Just don't try to hit on the tubby chick next to you.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
not as bad as getting on a boat and taking a 50 min trip to main land after spending the previous night drinking 6 ltrs of homemade island native liquor. Tough experience to all involved. Huge hangover going on a boar over a spot on the pacific sea called the "Paso del Tigre". Worst hangover/travel experience ever!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #7
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
If you listen to Alfred Williams at all, he always talks about Friday night is the night players go out on a Sunday game week. Saturday is either a walk through day or travel day so it's easy to recuperate.

Clinton Portis had the most rushing yards in a game while he was hungover. They had "rookie night" the night before the last game in 2002.

Counter that with the performance of Jay Cutler in 2008 vs Oakland at home. He was allegedly spotted out the night before, drinking (with the beetus no less), and turned in a sh*t game.

Guess it totally depends on the player.
On Portis, I did see him a few times out at clubs; during the summer though. I was pretty impressed given that it was summer time that I never saw a drink in his hand.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
On Portis, I did see him a few times out at clubs; during the summer though. I was pretty impressed given that it was summer time that I never saw a drink in his hand.
Here's the video of Portis talking about that game - 2:00 mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...Clinton-Portis
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Non issue.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline
The birdie says some of the Seahawks hitting "stadium club" tonight. Good news for Redskins.

Would you be pissed if the Broncos were out 2 days before a playoff game? Do you think it affects your performance or is this a non-issue?
By any chance, is your child forbidden to watch Ghostbusters until he/she is 12 years old?

not one day but TWO DAYS!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
Armchair Bronco

The Hawks are my #2 team after Denver. I don't have a problem w/ this as long as no one gets really wasted...or arrested...or shot. RIP Darrent Williams.

Look: A lot of these guys are in their mid-20's with hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars of disposable income. If they are out partying on a Friday night, it's because Pete Carroll gave them the green light to have some fun. You're only 25 years old once!

As long as they "stay cool" on Saturday and show up for work on Sunday firing on all cylinders, I'm cool with them letting off some steam on a Friday night.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #12
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The Hawks are my #2 team after Denver. I don't have a problem w/ this as long as no one gets really wasted...or arrested...or shot. RIP Darrent Williams.

Look: A lot of these guys are in their mid-20's with hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars of disposable income. If they are out partying on a Friday night, it's because Pete Carroll gave them the green light to have some fun. You're only 25 years old once!

As long as they "stay cool" on Saturday and show up for work on Sunday firing on all cylinders, I'm cool with them letting off some steam on a Friday night.
Says the guy from Seattle. They're a young team, and there is some hot chicks in the DC area, lots of trails to sniff around . . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Says the guy from Seattle. They're a young team, and there is some hot chicks in the DC area, lots of trails to sniff around . . . .
IMO that's why dc teams always suck ass. I actually met a former NBA player from the area and is back here and I asked him why dc sports generally fail a lot.

He said it is the girls and partying. He sees John wall and company out all the time. I agree with him, I see caps and wizards out a lot.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
IMO that's why dc teams always suck ass. I actually met a former NBA player from the area and is back here and I asked him why dc sports generally fail a lot.

He said it is the girls and partying. He sees John wall and company out all the time. I agree with him, I see caps and wizards out a lot.
That is a cop out. There are hot chicks in most big cities and plenty of partying. I have no problem with players out partying unless you have a must win game against the Buffalo Bills at home. Cutler and Marshall played like dog poop after a night of passing through 20 coors lights.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #15
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That is a cop out. There are hot chicks in most big cities and plenty of partying. I have no problem with players out partying unless you have a must win game against the Buffalo Bills at home. Cutler and Marshall played like dog poop after a night of passing through 20 coors lights.
Well not the only reason, but it plays a big part. I guess the better way to put it is the culture/environment here. DC is a different vibe than most places IMO.

My own opinion is in the regular season, the grind can be tough and sure guys go out to get some fresh air, relax, etc.

The big no no IMO is during a playoff run. Why potentially ruin your chances or put yourself at a disadvantage when the offseason is so close and you can go out as much as you would like.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

You are crazy if you think DC has more chicks and a better nightlife than south Florida LA NY or even San Diego. Chicks like warm weather. There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner. There's easily 5 girls to 1 one guy in that little area. Not often you can go to a bar and see 5xs as many women than men

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-05-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You are crazy if you think DC has more chicks and a better nightlife than south Florida LA NY or even San Diego. Chicks like warm weather. There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner. There's easily 5 girls to 1 one guy in that little area. Not often you can go to a bar and see 5xs as many women than men
Orlando has a fun night life too.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner.
I would raise your OC to Scottsdale AZ. There are more hot women there than anywhere from all ages. California is good too but it is hard to beat the pure amount of talent in Scottsdale.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No I don't think that all. I think DC chicks are way, way overrated actually.

I guess I said it wrong. It's more of a culture/environment/vibe thing.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'll Qualify Redskinsbroncos point for him.

DC is different because of the political influence. 7 nights a week of "important" nightlife. As a Professional Sports player, you can either be insignificant or the biggest thing of any given night. think about how much "good" a Lobbyist can do with a known Player.

Just food for thought... but yes, the skins really suck cause of Snyder.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Frankly if I were the redskins I'd send over the prossies now and hope they all get their sunday strength sapped out nah mean?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I suppose we will see if this mattered or not come sunday evening.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I guess it depends on how much self control a player has. Nothing wrong with going out to the club, having some fun, a drink or 2 is fine, getting home at a decent hour. But if they're getting hammered and staying out till 3AM then I think that's a problem.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

This
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #25
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

hahhaha going out friday night is a problem come sunday. has no bearing on the game.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote