The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Duke Williams, DB -- Nevada

I didn't catch any Nevada games this year, but I have read a lot of rave reviews about Duke Williams. I have seen him projected at safety (strong), but have also read that he can play some corner. Does anyone have anymore information on him?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Bmore Manning

This is a prospect I would prefer over Elam and we could have him in the third round. Very productive as a starter-

260 Tackles
15 For a Loss
20 Defended Passes
5 Forced Fumbles
3 Picks

Like his physicality and production as a three year starter. He will get bigger as he prepares for the draft then ultimately gets drafted.. I was considering him or Phillip Thomas from Fresno in my next mock.

I like these two and Cooper Taylor from Richmond alot as SS prospects.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
This is a prospect I would prefer over Elam and we could have him in the third round. Very productive as a starter
-

I've been looking at him to, very productive, good size and projected speed.

If you can find any film you might look at:
Shamarko Thomas ss Syracuse.
Rashard Hall fs Clemson
Bradley MacDougald fs Ks.

Williams is clearly the best of these with his production, the others have the requsite size and speed, without his playing time.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Bmore Manning

[QUOTE=driver;3771118]
Quote:
-

I've been looking at him to, very productive, good size and projected speed.

If you can find any film you might look at:
Shamarko Thomas ss Syracuse.
Rashard Hall fs Clemson
Bradley MacDougald fs Ks.

Williams is clearly the best of these with his production, the others have the requsite size and speed, without his playing time.
Thomas is strictly a physical player, he doesn't bring much in terms of pass defense. He would be a project player, he lacks discipline in pass defense. I could see him being a very productive special teamer and back up SS.

Hall is not consistent and is a FS, McDougald is deffinatley a long term project almost in the mold of Sam Shields of the Packers. For now any of the three would be back ups, seeing special team work.

There are 4 that are my favorite prospects given their round range, two of which I think could be late round gems.

Phillip Thomas 2-3
Duke Williams 3-4
Ray Ray Armstrong 5-6
Cooper Taylor 6-7

All of these prospects are big, (height and weight) physical, good in coverage, value picks or late round gems.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

He supposably runs in the low 4.4 range, and his size is prototypical with that of an NFL CB. If he stays at Safety, he's playing a coverage intensive role as a Free Safety. Michael Huff is a similar comparison, at least theoretically.

What I do know is that if he truly runs that fast, at his size and with his consistent production, he'll be going in the 2nd Round.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

National Football Post projects him to be the best CB in this draft. Do you know how often he played CB? I was kind of blown away by that because most everywhere else has him as guy in the area you mentioned. Sounds like he could be a big upgrade over Adams and be a value selection at the same time.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

National Football Post projects him to be the best CB in this draft. Do you know how often he played CB? I was kind of blown away by that because most everywhere else has him as guy in the area you mentioned. Sounds like he could be a big upgrade over Adams and be a value selection at the same time.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I cannot verify him playing CB.. He's quick and has fluid hips, buts he's very physical, would play press man if he played CB. I like him at Safety..I would like to see him add some more muscle to his frame. But I think he could be a great value pick..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: