The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Let's not forget...

Champ Bailey. I was just kind of thinking about when he resigned (two?) years ago. He could have signed with any team he wanted, he could have picked and chosen what seemed to be the quickest route to the Super Bowl and left us behind, and frankly given the way he was treated by McDaniels on the contract negotiations--no one would have blamed him for leaving. All he needs to complete his amazing career is a Super Bowl ring, and for him to sign back with the Broncos after being treated like absolute horse **** by McD, after seeing what kind of major mess our team was in (that was the year we picked 2nd in the draft), just shows he is amongst the most loyal of players today.

I doubt Champ foresaw a day like day coming to Denver. No way he figured on Manning. Of all the Broncos I am happy for, I am most happy for him. This run for the Super Bowl should be in his honor for the complete loyalty he has shown to this team even when some of the team's leaders threw it back in his face.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

he had me long before that, but your point is completely valid...I'm not sure what won his heart here in Denver, but I'm really glad that he's here for this run...he's such a good football player, and he seems like good guy as well.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

that was an elway move
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
that was an elway move
Yeah John came in and saved the relationship. Otherwise I thinks it's possible Champ would have bolted.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
extralife
Ring of Famer

Amen
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Champ Bailey. I was just kind of thinking about when he resigned (two?) years ago. He could have signed with any team he wanted, he could have picked and chosen what seemed to be the quickest route to the Super Bowl and left us behind, and frankly given the way he was treated by McDaniels on the contract negotiations--no one would have blamed him for leaving. All he needs to complete his amazing career is a Super Bowl ring, and for him to sign back with the Broncos after being treated like absolute horse **** by McD, after seeing what kind of major mess our team was in (that was the year we picked 2nd in the draft), just shows he is amongst the most loyal of players today.

I doubt Champ foresaw a day like day coming to Denver. No way he figured on Manning. Of all the Broncos I am happy for, I am most happy for him. This run for the Super Bowl should be in his honor for the complete loyalty he has shown to this team even when some of the team's leaders threw it back in his face.
I commend you for remembering this and starting the thread. Not many players in Champs position would have made that decision (no SB and a team in disarray and UFA). It would be interesting to have Champ comment on why he did it and what made the difference.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Agreed dsmoot and everyone else too. I would love to hear what it was about Denver that got him to stay. About that time he came back I was feeling (as were many of us I am sure) that Denver was kind of viewed as a horrid stop. Then Champ resigns, then Manning comes a year later. Elway is doing some amazing things.

But man would I love to hear Champ speak candidly about everything. He won't do it though. He is the picture perfect example of always conveying a positive message. He wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Agreed dsmoot and everyone else too. I would love to hear what it was about Denver that got him to stay. About that time he came back I was feeling (as were many of us I am sure) that Denver was kind of viewed as a horrid stop. Then Champ resigns, then Manning comes a year later. Elway is doing some amazing things.

But man would I love to hear Champ speak candidly about everything. He won't do it though. He is the picture perfect example of always conveying a positive message. He wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone.
At the time he said he liked living in Denver and he believed the franchise could get it done.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Champ is still the best in the business, he still takes out the other teams best receivers. For Champ a bad day is giving up a handful of passes, that would be a good day for other CB's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

that's a good point - within two years, Elway signed two 12x pro-bowl free-agents. wow.

also: THIS ONE'S FOR CHAMP!
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i really want a super bowl win as a fan, but i badly want to see us win a super bowl for Champ. the dude deserves at least one SB in his career.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Amen to all that Champ deserves the spot right next to Elway on the ring of fame and is certainly a first ballot HFer as the single best all around and most consistent corner of all time ... particularly if he can go out with a SB win or three? But even if not, what he has accomplished and the class he has shown all along merits the top corner vote to ever play this game in my view.

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-30-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

this team is playing at a high level right now...and this defense is playing lights out. Champ is a huge part of that surrendering only 16.4 points per home game.....15 per home game during our current 11 game winning streak. Everyone loves home cooking.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

This one's for Champ!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Tim

This one's for champ.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Where is the whole "Champ deserves to go to a winner. He should go play for another team" crowd? ****ing traitors.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Where is the whole "Champ deserves to go to a winner. He should go play for another team" crowd? ****ing traitors.
While I agree that was ridiculous, I'd rather this thread stay more positive please!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
While I agree that was ridiculous, I'd rather this thread stay more positive please!
FINE! In all seriousness, if we hoist the Lombardi, someone better lift it up and say "This one's for Champ." No one deserves it more.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
FINE! In all seriousness, if we hoist the Lombardi, someone better lift it up and say "This one's for Champ." No one deserves it more.
Man that'd be awesome. I can't believe how well this team has done and Champ is the that deserves it most, you're absolutely right.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #21
Muddled
Seasoned Veteran

passing through

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Foxworth

Quote:
Like a reverse different yet the same Sakic/Bourque moment where Manning hands it to Champ?
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #22
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Yeah John came in and saved the relationship. Otherwise I thinks it's possible Champ would have bolted.
NO doubt .. Champs bags were packed he was a goner he probably would be a Patriot right now had it not been for Elway

Quote:
I remember those threads... ridiculous then, but even more so now.. so where are you all now?

Last edited by i4jelway7; 12-31-2012 at 03:16 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote