The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,171

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default I'm gonna go ahead and call it

Les Miserables (the new one) is the greatest movie of my generation.

Anne Hathaway's three minutes on screen for I Dreamed a Dream in itself alone deserves an Oscar. I'll be really upset if she doesn't snag one.

Hugh Jackman and Eddie Redmayne were amazing. Crowe wasn't amazing, but he didn't kill the film either.


Last edited by Mogulseeker; 12-25-2012 at 01:06 AM..
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,576
Default

I approve
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,171

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I approve
I can tell from your name, lol. Thinking about changing my handle to Gavroche and making my avatar to Lady Liberty Leading the Republic by Eugene Delacroix.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
JUSTICE is served!!

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 807
Default

Er...so when exactly did you guys become homosexuals? Not that there is anything wrong with that....

I started out as a stage designer back in the old days and NO not everyone was gay. It's very very hard to make a movie musical adaption in this day and age. It takes a really really good director to pull it off.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Who did you almost hit after the film, Smurf?

__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

Never seen Les Miserables. Dont really plan to, either.

Not that gay.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Never seen Les Miserables. Dont really plan to, either.

Not that gay.



REP it!
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Never seen Les Miserables. Dont really plan to, either.

Not that gay.



THe straights are homos and the gays are straight this Christmas. What the hell is going on here?
My wife wants me to see it with her and I told her to take her cousin. The in the closet but so obvious cousin that goes with her to all the chick flicks. Nice to know this movie will not be taking my balls. Nice try wife.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Les Miserables (the new one) is the greatest movie of my generation.

Anne Hathaway's three minutes on screen for I Dreamed a Dream in itself alone deserves an Oscar. I'll be really upset if she doesn't snag one.

Hugh Jackman and Eddie Redmayne were amazing. Crowe wasn't amazing, but he didn't kill the film either.

I'm not a huge fan of musicals but this one does look to be very well made. I'll probably check it out when it comes to Redbox. But IMO, I would have to say the greatest movie of my generation was Schindler's List.

Last edited by ZONA; 12-25-2012 at 01:42 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #10
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

I was hoping to see it this week, but theaters are too full Christmas week.

I'm sure Anne Hathaway's version is good, but it can't hold a candle to this one. Not sure why, but I'm on the verge of tears damn near every time I hear this one ... if that makes me a homo, then so be it, a homo I yam

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #11
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Jean Valjean dreamed a dream. Then right before he was going to hit it, Javert walked in and ruined it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

NO! Khan did you just give away the ending?

All I know is some poor bastard is thrown in prison for a crime he didn't commit ... he finally gets out and is rushing to see his true love when, BAM! He gets thrown in prison for another crime he didn't commit. Any life is better than the hell he's living.


Speaking of hell ... I just got up and whadd'ya know, that bastard Santa stiffed us again this year
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

All I know is some poor bastard is thrown in prison for a crime he didn't commit ... he finally gets out and is rushing to see his true love when, BAM! He gets thrown in prison for another crime he didn't commit. Any life is better than the hell he's living.

change the guy to a girl and you got every movie that was ever on Lifetime....


errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,171

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I approve
I can tell from your name, lol. Thinking about changing my handle to Gavroche and making my avatar to Lady Liberty Leading the Republic by Eugene Delacroix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Who did you almost hit after the film, Smurf?

Actually I sealed the deal last night, and I really like the girl. We already had a dirty Tanquery martini and bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon at the Maggianos in the Denver Pavillions. Plus according to South Park, musicals have subtext to get women in the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Never seen Les Miserables. Dont really plan to, either.

Not that gay.



you're just not a "metro" gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
NO! Khan did you just give away the ending?

All I know is some poor bastard is thrown in prison for a crime he didn't commit ... he finally gets out and is rushing to see his true love when, BAM! He gets thrown in prison for another crime he didn't commit. Any life is better than the hell he's living.


Speaking of hell ... I just got up and whadd'ya know, that bastard Santa stiffed us again this year
It's a little different than that. The story is about a wronged, but hardend criminal's lifetime path for redemption (ie Jackman), by showing unbelievable kindness to others wronged by society (ie Hathaway) in the face of an inflexible, cruel justice system that refers us to accept redemption as a possibility (ie Crowe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I'll call it right now.

Django Unchained will be much better.

I doubt it, but Inglourious Basterds is my second favorite movie.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
The story is about a wronged, but hardend criminal's lifetime path for redemption (ie Jackman), by showing unbelievable kindness to others wronged by society (ie Hathaway) in the face of an inflexible, cruel justice system that refers us to accept redemption as a possibility (ie Crowe).
Okay, but where does the gay angle figure into the plot?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,171

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Okay, but where does the gay angle figure into the plot?
It's a musical. It's touchy-freely. It's a love story, more about paternal love than romantic love. The main character is celibate his whole life...
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #17
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'll call it right now.

Django Unchained will be much better.


Last edited by Bacchus; 12-25-2012 at 09:03 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Stop talking about things I know nothing about!

Let's talk about that new Craftsman one motor for multiple tools thingy ... sell me on it, Smurf!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,171

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Stop talking about things I know nothing about!

Let's talk about that new Craftsman one motor for multiple tools thingy ... sell me on it, Smurf!
Bolt-on is on back order until January 3rd.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

I like Fiddler on the Roof and Phantom of the Opera.

Dont judge me.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,474

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I like Fiddler on the Roof and Phantom of the Opera.

Dont judge me.

Crap, I like those too. Does that make me gay?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Crap, I like those too. Does that make me gay?

No. It makes you awesome. Obviously.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #23
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I like Fiddler on the Roof and Phantom of the Opera.

Dont judge me.

Oh yeah? Well, I like Jesus Christ Superstar so don't judge me!



Does that make me a gay Christian?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Oh yeah? Well, I like Jesus Christ Superstar so don't judge me!



Does that make me a gay Christian?

No. It means you have questionable taste.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,217
Default

It's French....so it's gay.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Denver Broncos