The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Orange&BlueMohawk

Default Pats / Jags

Wow, is it me or did the Pats do terrible against the Jags? I see the media letting this one go unnoticed because they are so in love with the Pats. But the Jags are terrible, and it should have been a blowout, and Terrible Tom threw a couple picks.

Sounds like the best team ever to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Bacchus

I posted a pretty cool thread about this game until Requiem spoiled it. Don't worry though I have secret ninja powers.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Orange&BlueMohawk

I only caught the highlights but it was more of an observation. On the other hand, we are blowing out the Browns.

That was not a poop joke.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange&BlueMohawk View Post
I only caught the highlights but it was more of an observation. On the other hand, we are blowing out the Browns.

That was not a poop joke.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

They're a different team with Gronk.

They're much more mortal on the road, but this is still a team that can win anywhere.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
They're a different team with Gronk.
This. I wonder if they regret giving that big contract to Hernandez instead of Welker now. Hernandez is good, but he's much more easily coverable when Gronk isn't there. Welker, on the other hand, is the model of consistency regardless of who else is out there.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Comparable to our KC game I guess.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Orange&BlueMohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I hope you are referring to next week. hahaha
Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Not really. The KC game was never particularly close. It wasn't a scoreboard blowout, but the defense shut the Chiefs down. The offense did enough to win.

The Jags moved the ball up and down the field. Henne has 348 yards passing (3 INT's tho). The Jags had 3rd and Goal at the 1 yard line before really late in the game with a chance to tie. Their ineptitude (false start/sack) screwed that up.

Point being, that game was in doubt until the end.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
g6matty

Alarming stat i saw today. Brady was 5-0 vs jags in his career before today. Del rio doesnt know how to beat brady that bodes bad for us
Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Orange&BlueMohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Alarming stat i saw today. Brady was 5-0 vs jags in his career before today. Del rio doesnt know how to beat brady that bodes bad for us
I am hoping that the 49ers cracked the Pats and right now they are all flustered watching their seeding in the playoffs getting worse.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
Bacchus

Quote:
That is alarming? How is that alarming? He had Leftwich and Garrad at QB.

Denver wins or loses it will have nothing to do with Jacksonville/NE games.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #13
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This might be the best defense Del Rio has had in any game he's had against Brady. The other side of the ball as mentioned in another post is no small upgrade either.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

a win is a win.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Not scared of Houston. I still looking over my Shoulder towards the Pats cause none of are Linebackers can cover, but looking over that New England game in the beginning of the year i like how we adjust in the 2nd half.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Not scared of Houston. I still looking over my Shoulder towards the Pats cause none of are Linebackers can cover, but looking over that New England game in the beginning of the year i like how we adjust in the 2nd half.
I'll disagree with you there. Woodyard and Trevathan have been good in coverage. Its Brooking and Williams that have given up plays and been spotty. Heck Williams has always "been there", looking at any game in his career, but never makes a play on the ball. Miller is getting better. And most of the time when a TE gets a reception on our D, I see #20 Adams-or nobody around for that matter!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
I'll disagree with you there. Woodyard and Trevathan have been good in coverage. Its Brooking and Williams that have given up plays and been spotty. Heck Williams has always "been there", looking at any game in his career, but never makes a play on the ball. Miller is getting better. And most of the time when a TE gets a reception on our D, I see #20 Adams-or nobody around for that matter!
just some numbers for these guys.

Code:
 Season	Team	Games	Tackles	Interceptions	Fumbles
                    G	GS	Total	Solo	Ast	Sck	SFTY	PDef	Int	Yds	Avg	Lng	TDs	FF	FR
DJ..
2012 	DEN 	6 	1 	13 	9 	4 	0.0 	-- 	1 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
Wood..
2012 	DEN 	14 	13 	113 	70 	43 	5.5 	-- 	6 	3 	40 	-- 	25 	0 	1 	1
DT..
2012 	DEN 	15 	0 	33 	22 	11 	1.0 	-- 	3 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
Brooking..
2012 	DEN 	15 	13 	52 	31 	21 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
Johnson..
2012 	DEN 	10 	0 	8 	7 	1 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
Irving..
2012 	DEN 	14 	0 	13 	9 	4 	0.0 	-- 	1 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
Miller..
2012 	DEN 	15 	15 	65 	53 	12 	17.5 	0 	2 	1 	26 	-- 	26T 	1 	6 	--
I think you are correct we seem to have some guys that can cover and defense some passes.. with the best two being DT and Wood.. can we get better absolutely but folks most of these guys have been on the field less than 5 years..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #18
Patriot 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
The coverage ability of the ILBs and Safeties is the key to stopping the Patriots, also having a great interior pass rush. The teams that we struggled with SF and Set have fast ILB and great safeties. I look at the Broncos as a team with most of it's Defensive talent on the outside; Doom, Miller and your CBs. It's not a good match up for Den, of course our pass D sucks so Peyton should light us up, but then if Peyton played in the playoffs like he did in the regular season he have 6 rings by now.

Hopefully they play each other and the best player rivalry in the NFL will continue.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
Orange&BlueMohawk

Absolutely. Of the three we lost, we just got too far behind in the first half. Our second halves were decent, and we almost came back in all three. None of them were out of our reach.

Playing the Pats again I think will be a very different game, especially considering how we compare from the beginning of the year to now.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Brady had a rough day, Babin was in his grill all day. Babin also dropped into coverage poorly and gave up the TD that was the difference in the game.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
Orange&BlueMohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Brady had a rough day, Babin was in his grill all day. Babin also dropped into coverage poorly and gave up the TD that was the difference in the game.
That is interesting.

Fluster Brady. Got it. Quick someone tell the team.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
Orange&BlueMohawk

Yeah, I'm glad they are missing one of their biggest pieces. Hopefully, he re-injures that arm fist pumping like the douche that he is.