The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Tebow to Jacksonville?

Adam Schefter
And @mortreport reports it's "a virtual certainty" that Tim Tebow will play in 2013 for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Perfect!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.
Outside of the draft I don't see any top WRs going to jags if tebow is the QB.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Quote:
. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.
You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not!
BroncoSexyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Did you hear that? Its the sound of all the fake a$$ jets fan hearding themselves off the ganggreen board onto the jags board.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not!
Tebow and Harvin make a lot of sense together, they had a lot of success in college...
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.
Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.
Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and are freaking out about having to study up on the New School.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
given the Jags more recent history of drafting WR's it won't matter.
they whiffed on more top WR picks than i can remember.
they need a lot of weapons for him to succeed and i don't know that it will happen with MJD there and being their best weapon.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I always though of just playing Tebow without a true WR - just a bunch of TEs.... and get a speed guy to return kicks and stretch the field....

Run out of a base jumbo shotgun set - 2TEs, 2RBs, 1WR and Tim with the line.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Bacchus

Quote:
I disagree, the Jackwad coaches did not want him last year and won't want him next year. If he goes there they will make sure he fails. Tebow should just give up the NFL and go preach, that is where his true fame awaits him. Every day he spends int he NFL is just tarnishing his image.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Good for him. I don't care if he succeeds or not, he's no longer a Bronco. But it would be cool to at least see the guy have a full season or 2 to see if he can make it as a QB in this league. I have my doubts but would be fun to watch.

Maybe I'll visit a jags forum and give somebody my avatar.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.
Exactly. To say the jags have been a top interest down there?

Remember this is a team who Tebow turned down to play with. That place is a mess
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

His only chance of getting starter reps is going to the CFL.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Maybe so but im a hockey fan, when I think of ****ty fanbases I think of phoenix, or jersey who play in buildings that are 1/3 empty, having 96% of the seats full doesn't really sound that bad, and even with a bunch of seats tarped over they still get more actual people than the teams I mentioned earlier.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post

Though those stats are interesting, especially seeing the seating numbers of Pitt and the Bears - the Jax stadium is designed to expand seating up to 85,000 people (which it did for the FSU v. Alabama game in 2010) and non-expanded seating of 76,000. They're covering up nearly 10,000 seats when its not expanded because they can't fill the stadium. If Denver had 10,000 extra seats they would be filled easily.

In contrast, Heinz field in Pitts can only seat 65,000 for football games, but they've had sell outs since 1972.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I want Tebow to succeed, I have nothing but good wishes for him. Will it happen? Eh....
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary
And you need smaller and more mobile linemen who can run and block all over the field.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote