The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
rideco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Chargers turn to Groupon to avoid blackout

Wow just wow. I almost feel bad for them but hell it might allows some people that are fans who cant afford tickets to go see their team.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2012/12/12/c...n/?hpt=us_bn10
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Ironlung
Terminator
 
Ironlung's Avatar
 
Snake Bitten

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 933
Default

Maybe ticket sales will be better in L.A.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

What I find hilarious is the first comment at the bottom of that article. The guy is still complaining about $25 parking. $25? Really?

Pats parking is $45-50 anywhere near Gillette stadium. And California in theory is supposed to be even more expensive a market. $25 is bargain parking as far as I'm concerned. I doubt any other NFL stadium charges less than that.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
What I find hilarious is the first comment at the bottom of that article. The guy is still complaining about $25 parking. $25? Really?

Pats parking is $45-50 anywhere near Gillette stadium. And California in theory is supposed to be even more expensive a market. $25 is bargain parking as far as I'm concerned. I doubt any other NFL stadium charges less than that.
If you can afford to live in San Diego, you can afford the $25 parking...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
If you can afford to live in San Diego, you can afford the $25 parking...
San Diego is not that expensive for everything besides housing
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
San Diego is not that expensive for everything besides housing
I could get 3 times the house in Denver for what I'm paying here. Housing is ridiculous.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I could get 3 times the house in Denver for what I'm paying here. Housing is ridiculous.
Yup, supply and demand.

Interesting food, restaurants and entertainment are reasonable and comparable to other parts of the country.

Hell restaurants in San Diego are much more reasonable than here in Cabo.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
What I find hilarious is the first comment at the bottom of that article. The guy is still complaining about $25 parking. $25? Really?

Pats parking is $45-50 anywhere near Gillette stadium. And California in theory is supposed to be even more expensive a market. $25 is bargain parking as far as I'm concerned. I doubt any other NFL stadium charges less than that.
You have to compare the size. Chargers probably has the biggest parking lot of all metro stadiums. They charged $10 just a few years back and jumped to $20 then $25 within a few years. His complaint is that people are hurting and paying $25 just to park takes a lot of money out of the situation to go to the game. There is $10 and $15 near that stadium but there isn't much nearby if your plan is to tailgate.
SD has an old stadium with yardage seats being in the ballpark of Oakland for farthest distance to field. They charge $100 for a seat that cost $77 in Denver. That stadium just needs to be renovated to a football stadium but right now the remaining look of the Padres' Jack Murphy Stadium still exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
If you can afford to live in San Diego, you can afford the $25 parking...
Says the guy from Topeka, Kansas where homes starting price is $25.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You have to compare the size. Chargers probably has the biggest parking lot of all metro stadiums. They charged $10 just a few years back and jumped to $20 then $25 within a few years. His complaint is that people are hurting and paying $25 just to park takes a lot of money out of the situation to go to the game.
I understand the general complaint about cost of parking. But it's the same or worse everywhere else.

I'm just honestly wondering if there are any better deals ANYWHERE else for parking immediately around a stadium. I don't know the answer personally. I just know that, for the places I've seen myself or checked out online, I've never heard of stadium parking anywhere that's currently significantly less than $25.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

They sell all the groupon deals? It's no longer available.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-at-san-diego-chargers

I think it's a cool idea. The parking charges mentioned in this thread is a joke though. Absolutely no reason to charge that much.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

I pay $10 to park in the University of Colorado-Denver parking garage for Broncos games
Swedish Extrovert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I pay $10 to park in the University of Colorado-Denver parking garage for Broncos games
But that's almost a full mile from the stadium. I assume most, if not all, stadiums have that kind of option if you're willing to walk far enough. If we're talking exclusively the "official stadium parking" immediately around the stadium itself, $25 is as good as you're going to get in any NFL venue.

(Just checked and even Jacksonville charges $25 per game)
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
But that's almost a full mile from the stadium. I assume most, if not all, stadiums have that kind of option if you're willing to walk far enough. If we're talking exclusively the "official stadium parking" immediately around the stadium itself, $25 is as good as you're going to get in any NFL venue.

(Just checked and even Jacksonville charges $25 per game)
Mile isn't far. I take the metro to Fed-ex Field and it's about a mile walk from the metro to the stadium. Done it several times.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Pretty sure it was $40 bucks to park a block or so away when I went to the Bears game last year. Split four ways. Well worth it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac
 
crawdad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 5,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/no...gers-blackout/
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Denver Broncos